Suddenly People Get It?

Vinny Z

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 07:43 am
What do mean, dead? Don't you know that was all a scam? Jeez.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 07:48 am
msolga wrote:
Yes. The UN War Crimes Tribunal. That's what it's for. An international body of legal experts whose job is to exercise the law impartially. I can't think of a better available alternative, can you?
Surely preferable to the fiasco that has occurred with Saddam's trial & execution? And the ongoing problems that will result.
And there's no other authority has the power to require that the US account for its actions in Iraq. And the US should be held accountable for what it's done. Fat chance, though.

You need a serious reality check.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 08:25 am
Vinny Z wrote:
One thing you can depend on, sooner or later people will disappoint you. You might want for Saddam to go screaming like a little girl, but he took it like a man. That's not sympathy, that's just the way it went down.

Welcome to A2K Vinny. And you're right. We all have feet of clay and sooner or later we'll screw up and/or disappoint and/or offend somebody and it is inevitable that we will at times be let down and/or disappointed and/or offended.

I think most Conservatives however did not rejoice in Saddam's execution. There is a difference between vengeance or payback and in enforcing the penalty of law. I think most of us are quite aware of why he deserved to have the penalty imposed and think that should never be forgotten. But I doubt many, other than maybe some of his victims, felt any personal satisfaction or elation in his passing and at least some of us felt regret that it was necessary. And we would not have felt better had he 'screamed like a little girl'.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 08:33 am
foxfyre I think you're a decent intelligent person even though we never agree... but I find your statement to be unmitigated self righteous bullshit.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 08:35 am
Vinny Z wrote:
What do mean, dead? Don't you know that was all a scam? Jeez.

Scam ! Could there be a greater scam than the UN?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 08:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
foxfyre I think you're a decent intelligent person even though we never agree... but I find your statement to be unmitigated self righteous bullshit.

Why am I not surprised? Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:00 am
Well, to be honest about, I was quite happy to hear of Saddam's execution. I made a fist in the air motion and let out a little "woot!" as I was online elsewhere at the time.

Justice or vengeance, whatever you want to call it, the prick is dead.
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:06 am
Yeah, well, the prick is dead, long live the prick. Did you hear about what name the guards were shouting? That my friend is the next prick.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:06 am
McGentrix wrote:
Well, to be honest about, I was quite happy to hear of Saddam's execution. I made a fist in the air motion and let out a little "woot!" as I was online elsewhere at the time.

Justice or vengeance, whatever you want to call it, the prick is dead.

I can't say that I could be happy about it though I certainly was not unhappy about it. It was just kind of a recoiling against the brutality necessary to end somebody's life. At the same time, I feel a deep loathing toward Saddam the ruthless dicator every time I think about what he did to people, and there was a part of me that thought it most fitting that the appeal and execution were carried out expeditiously. (We ought to try that sometime so we could find out if the death penalty really is a deterrant, but of course the "drive by" media is now speculating on why it was carried out expeditiously with implications of a hidden agenda there.)

I won't say it was vengeance. I prefer justice. But yes, the prick is dead.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:20 am
Vinny Z wrote:
Yeah, well, the prick is dead, long live the prick. Did you hear about what name the guards were shouting? That my friend is the next prick.

Yeah, we should have offed that prick 3 years ago when we had the chance. Instead we bowed to pressure from Iraqi's and the fear of violence... Like it could have been worse with him dead...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:30 am
what a shame you weren't physically fit enough for military service McGentrix... the pleaeure you have missed out on and the pricks you will never get to off.... a pity really Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:30 am
what a shame you weren't physically fit enough for military service McGentrix... the pleaeure you have missed out on and the pricks you will never get to off.... a pity really Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:32 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Indeed, but I never have to worry about you not reminding me of that, huh?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 10:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You know not everyone in the military gets to off some prick right? I was over there for a year and never once had to off someone. I'm happy about that, because that means I never really saw anything serious.

At the same time it makes be sad. I know I can't have the bear in his cave shaking his head in dismay at the Dimo. Laughing

Oh well if things go right my next tour will be in Iraq but that depends on the Dems and what they have planned. Just remember bear Jesus loves you!!!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:11 am
Now that Saddam is dead and the regime change is secure democracy and peace are sure to follow. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:44 am
So, now that the evil dictator Saddam has been dealt with, can we finally go get Osama and deal with avenging the deaths of OUR citizens?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:45 am
That's right au! Soon everyone will become Christians and praise Bush as their Savior! Check out http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i13071
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:46 am
squinney wrote:
So, now that the evil dictator Saddam has been dealt with, can we finally go get Osama and deal with avenging the deaths of OUR citizens?

We have been after him. Remember how long it took us to catch the Unibomber? You must think this stuff is easy to do. Stop watching movies, it takes more then 2hrs to save the world and get the bad guy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:50 am
Baldimo wrote:
squinney wrote:

We have been after him. Remember how long it took us to catch the Unibomber? You must think this stuff is easy to do. Stop watching movies, it takes more then 2hrs to save the world and get the bad guy.

who are you lecturing? You didn't even have what it takes to off one prick...... Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 11:52 am
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Indeed, but I never have to worry about you not reminding me of that, huh?

as long as you insist on coming on like Sgt. Fury of the Marines, I'm willing to remind you you're not. If you ever decide to calm down and have lunch with the regular guys you can sit at my table.
0 Replies