Suddenly People Get It?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:42 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I am finding it hard to swallow that anyone would feel sympathy towards Saddam in any fashion.

I wish I could say that I can't believe anyone could be so purposefully ignorant and display enough stupidity to think that because a person is able to recognize the execution of Saddam was about revenge means a person sympathizes with Saddam.

I wish I could say that but apparently I can't. Laughing

Why do some people always believe the world revolves around them and that every post is either about them or in reference to them?

I made a general statement of fact, some people have been very sympathetic towards Saddam.

you're backpedaling....transparently
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:44 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I am finding it hard to swallow that anyone would feel sympathy towards Saddam in any fashion.

I wish I could say that I can't believe anyone could be so purposefully ignorant and display enough stupidity to think that because a person is able to recognize the execution of Saddam was about revenge means a person sympathizes with Saddam.

I wish I could say that but apparently I can't. Laughing

Why do some people always believe the world revolves around them and that every post is either about them or in reference to them?

I made a general statement of fact, some people have been very sympathetic towards Saddam.

you're backpedaling....transparently

Not at all. You jumped to conclusions and read more into my statement due to your pre-conceived notions of my posts.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:54 pm
after all this time your posts require no preconceived notions. they are predictable and consistent.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 07:20 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I gotta tell ya…

…the more I think about it…the happier I am that when I saw Saddam standing over a trap door about to be sprung…with that huge rope around his neck…

…knowing that when it sprung he was going to fall and have his neck snapped…

…that I felt sympathy for him

I did feel sympathy for him…and I am proud that I did.

What's more…for the people who didn't…and especially for the people who apparently delighted in Saddam's plight and felt joy or exhiliration rather than sympathy…I feel tremendous sympathy for you also.

However, had Saddam been an American, I'm sure your feelings of sadness would not have materialized. Rolling Eyes

You are sure of that, are you?

You American conservatives are a pathetic lot! You've been on the wrong side of damn near every important issue this country has ever faced...and you have shown no improvement over the years.

You can take what "you are are sure of" LSM...and stash it where the sun doesn't shine.

Bend over nimrod.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 07:24 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
NickFun wrote:
Yes of course. Compare that to the measly 250,000 WE have killed. Of course, the people we killed would still be alive under Saddam but that's besides the point. I'm not sympathetic to Saddam, but I am not paying allegiance to Bush either.

How do you know they'd still be alive?

Because, CluelessMadam, they would be alive if WE DIDN'T KILL THEM!!!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 07:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Frank is one of the few libs on A2K I would like to sit and share a beer with. He doesn't pretend and he doesn't put on the haughty airs many of his brethren do.

Hear, hear. (He's a leftist even though he won't admit it.)

Frank wrote:
You American conservatives are a pathetic lot! You've been on the wrong side of damn near every important issue this country has ever faced...and you have shown no improvement over the years.

I've heard that somewhere before.

Frank, stick around this time, okay?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 07:29 pm
NickFun wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
NickFun wrote:
Yes of course. Compare that to the measly 250,000 WE have killed. Of course, the people we killed would still be alive under Saddam but that's besides the point. I'm not sympathetic to Saddam, but I am not paying allegiance to Bush either.

How do you know they'd still be alive?

Because, CluelessMadam, they would be alive if WE DIDN'T KILL THEM!!!

Ut oh, negativity again, my my.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 07:34 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

There are some, as you well know, that would praise satan himself if it meant they could jab Bush.

all hail great satan

where's the pointed stick, i got me a president to jab
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 09:02 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
When "Frank" said this to me on another thread, "Yiou are an American conservative which is far worse tha a whore or madam" I took offense to that. Since America isn't the only country with conservatives, I could only take it that he meant Americans.

Oh, don't get me wrong here, Frank can be very offensive. In fact, he has made my blood boil in the past, but that's Frank and if you just remember that fact, you get over it.

Nothing wrong with taking offense to Frank and feel free to give as good as you get.
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 09:21 pm
One thing you can depend on, sooner or later people will disappoint you. You might want for Saddam to go screaming like a little girl, but he took it like a man. That's not sympathy, that's just the way it went down.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 09:59 pm
I wish it was the UN which had tried Saddam, for crimes against his own people.

I also wish the UN could try Bush for crimes against humanity, in Iraq.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 10:10 pm
http://www.tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/1071053/3974602.gif
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 10:21 pm
Yep, Butrflynet.
Exactly!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 10:58 pm
McGentrix wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
When "Frank" said this to me on another thread, "Yiou are an American conservative which is far worse tha a whore or madam" I took offense to that. Since America isn't the only country with conservatives, I could only take it that he meant Americans.

Oh, don't get me wrong here, Frank can be very offensive. In fact, he has made my blood boil in the past, but that's Frank and if you just remember that fact, you get over it.

Nothing wrong with taking offense to Frank and feel free to give as good as you get.

I feel quite free to give as good as I get. :wink:
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 10:59 pm
Wow!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:02 pm
msolga wrote:
I wish it was the UN which had tried Saddam, for crimes against his own people.

I also wish the UN could try Bush for crimes against humanity, in Iraq.

The UN? Try somebody/anybody for crimes against humanity? Shocked
The UN had Iraq on thier human rights committee while Saddam was using WMDs on his own people & putting some people in vats of acid feet first..
The same UN that was/is embroiled in the food for oil scandel? That UN?
You need to get a clue.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:43 am
Yes. The UN War Crimes Tribunal. That's what it's for. An international body of legal experts whose job is to exercise the law impartially. I can't think of a better available alternative, can you?
Surely preferable to the fiasco that has occurred with Saddam's trial & execution? And the ongoing problems that will result.
And there's no other authority has the power to require that the US account for its actions in Iraq. And the US should be held accountable for what it's done. Fat chance, though.
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 07:31 am
Hey, msolga, I disagree with bringing in the UN tribunal. The Iraqis screwed up the the execution, but it was the Iraqis who screwed it up. They only got themselves to blame. You bring in a bunch of hotshots from outside and no Iraqi guy has to take any heat for what happens. They get to moan about how oppressed they are. Screw that. He's their bastard, they should deal with him.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 07:36 am
msolga wrote:
Yes. The UN War Crimes Tribunal. That's what it's for. An international body of legal experts whose job is to exercise the law impartially. I can't think of a better available alternative, can you?
Surely preferable to the fiasco that has occurred with Saddam's trial & execution? And the ongoing problems that will result.
And there's no other authority has the power to require that the US account for its actions in Iraq. And the US should be held accountable for what it's done. Fat chance, though.

The sovereign nation of Iraq, enforced it's laws, provided a trail according to THEIR LAWS and carried out the sentance.

Apparently, there are still some who feel differently and suggest that the UN should interfere with the government of a soverign nation.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 07:38 am
well he's dead. if everyone would just let it drop and shut the f*ck up about it he would soon be forgotten, due to peoples inability to remember any damn thing.

He continues to be empowered and exert influence in his death because people can't stop rubbernecking.
0 Replies