Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 02:41 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I'm not a whore...

Man, I can attest to that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 02:46 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta, are you suggesting that using the term "neanderthal" as an insult, or as a descriptive term is somehow a misuse of the term?

Yes, that is precisely what i am saying. It demonstrates an ignorance of homo neanderthalis which is equivalent to the uninformed attitudes of people in the 19th century at the time of the discovery of the first Neanderthal remains. That individual has since been identified as a middle-aged sufferer of severe arthritis, and the myth of Neanderthal a hunched, lumbering, un-graceful and hulking ignoramus was long ago dispelled. Reputable paeleoanthropologists now believe that homo neanderthalis was not in fact a separate species, and has survived in the modern human genome through interbreeding with homo sapiens sapiens.

Thinking that Neanderthal is a plausible insult is evidence of ignorance, which is why i have said as much.

Quote:
However, Neanderthals and modern humans (Homo sapiens) are very similar anatomically -- so similar, in fact, that in 1964, it was proposed that Neanderthals are not even a separate species from modern humans, but that the two forms represent two subspecies: Homo sapiens neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens sapiens.

LSM was sufficiently clever to have done a web search for Neanderthal, but sufficiently ill-informed to have simply copied the first line of a Wikipedia search result, which states that Neanderthal are a separate species. As the quote above shows, this is not a universally held opinion. There is no evidence from the fossil record that Neanderthals were stupid (they in fact had a larger brain case, although that is not evidence of intelligence, either--but they were sophisticated tool-makers and -users).

The source for the quote above is the Smithsonian Institution.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 02:47 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I cannot understand why you keep associating Neanderthals with unpleasant behavior. There is no basis, in the archaeological record, to assume that the members of that hominid species were any more or less pleasant than any other hominid.

Really stupid metaphor. Usually, Neanderthals is slang for righties who live in the past.

You should go take care of your reallly, reallllly busy thread.
Hey, you got a poster on your last bit of nonsense, guess someone else has taken over the pity duty for me.
Laughing

LSM is bragging that his threads get more hits than mine. OMFG, how vapid is one's life to care about somethng like who gets more hits on their threads? Of course, about 30% of LSM are his own, and another 60% consistst of people telling him how insipid his opinions are.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:08 pm
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta, are you suggesting that using the term "neanderthal" as an insult, or as a descriptive term is somehow a misuse of the term?

Yes, that is precisely what i am saying. It demonstrates an ignorance of homo neanderthalis which is equivalent to the uninformed attitudes of people in the 19th century at the time of the discovery of the first Neanderthal remains. That individual has since been identified as a middle-aged sufferer of severe arthritis, and the myth of Neanderthal a hunched, lumbering, un-graceful and hulking ignoramus was long ago dispelled. Reputable paeleoanthropologists now believe that homo neanderthalis was not in fact a separate species, and has survived in the modern human genome through interbreeding with homo sapiens sapiens.
Au contraire, my little friend, I didn't have to do a web search for neanderthal, that species is right here on a2k every day, expressing himself with grunts & snorts, spitting & drooling. Anybody with an ounce of perception can see it.
Here' have a napkin.
Thinking that Neanderthal is a plausible insult is evidence of ignorance, which is why i have said as much.

Quote:
However, Neanderthals and modern humans (Homo sapiens) are very similar anatomically -- so similar, in fact, that in 1964, it was proposed that Neanderthals are not even a separate species from modern humans, but that the two forms represent two subspecies: Homo sapiens neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens sapiens.

LSM was sufficiently clever to have done a web search for Neanderthal, but sufficiently ill-informed to have simply copied the first line of a Wikipedia search result, which states that Neanderthal are a separate species. As the quote above shows, this is not a universally held opinion. There is no evidence from the fossil record that Neanderthals were stupid (they in fact had a larger brain case, although that is not evidence of intelligence, either--but they were sophisticated tool-makers and -users).

0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:09 pm
snort, snicker, lol.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:17 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I cannot understand why you keep associating Neanderthals with unpleasant behavior. There is no basis, in the archaeological record, to assume that the members of that hominid species were any more or less pleasant than any other hominid.

Really stupid metaphor. Usually, Neanderthals is slang for righties who live in the past.

Hey, you got a poster on your last bit of nonsense, guess someone else has taken over the pity duty for me.
Laughing

LSM is bragging that his threads get more hits than mine. OMFG, how vapid is one's life to care about somethng like who gets more hits on their threads? Of course, about 30% of LSM are his own, and another 60% consistst of people telling him how insipid his opinions are.

Just trying to help you. You need to get back there & answer your ONE post. heehee
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:18 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Laughing

Just trying to help you. You need to get back there & answer your ONE post. heehee Rather than sending me stupid PMs
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:30 pm
Setanta wrote:

So if I said you look like a Neanderthal, is it safe to assume you would take no offense?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:36 pm
LSM, when you quote Roxxxanne, you make my use of filters pointless. Please stop.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:36 pm
& now back to regularly scheduled programming. I realize it's a tough topic, but hey, it's politics.
Hillary Clinton, doesn't believe that common folk can raise their children, It takes a village proves that. She said that she was inspired from a village someplace in Africa....say. was that Sudan?
Anyway, she believes that parents aren't capable of caring for their children so the village,(the gov't) can do a better job of that. Remember Hillary wouldn't even discuss Cjelsea nor allow any news media any info on Chelsea, which I did admire her for, but if she can do it alone, what makes her think that everyone else needs a village to raise their kids? Liberal hypocricy.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:37 pm
McGentrix wrote:
LSM, when you quote Roxxxanne, you make my use of filters pointless. Please stop.

I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Embarrassed
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:

So if I said you look like a Neanderthal, is it safe to assume you would take no offense?

I'd personally think that you were complimenting him.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Quote:

Like many words in the English language, Neanderthal has many meanings. For you to have drummed up this much hype, would lead me to believe you are trying to hide something. A simple search solved the problem. Perhaps this will help you come down from your lofty perch on the imaginary highground you always try to hold.

Main Entry: Ne·an·der·thal
Pronunciation: nE-'an-d&r-"tol, -"thol; nA-'än-d&r-"täl
Function: noun
Etymology: Neanderthal, valley in western Germany
1 or Ne·an·der·tal /-"tol, -"täl/ : a hominid (Homo neanderthalensis syn H. sapiens neanderthalensis) known from skeletal remains in Europe, northern Africa, and western Asia that lived from about 30,000 to 200,000 years ago -- called also Neanderthal man
2 : one who suggests a caveman in appearance, mentality, or behavior
- Neanderthal or Neandertal adjective
- Ne·an·der·thal·oid /-"to-"loid, -"tho-, -"tä-/ adjective or noun

Clearly, LSM was using definition 2, and using it quite appropriately.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:42 pm
I told ya, he was busy as a little bee lookin stuff up. lol
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:44 pm
LSM,

Who are you talking about? McG?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:46 pm
I frankly don't give a rat's ass what you believe, McG.

I reacted as i did because this is not the first time i've seen this member post that "Neanderthal" crap. I tire of her ignorance and her vicious behavior--so i commented on it. If that's a problem for you, it's your problem, and not mine.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:49 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I told ya, he was busy as a little bee lookin stuff up. lol

One more post to to hit 2000 insipid posts in just over a month!!!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:56 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
Mysteryman:

By the way, I ahve already given LoneStarMadam a list of leftist partisan websites I wouldn't expect her to take seriously, or bother to rebut. Please note what I wrote previously in this very thread:

Quote:
Newsmax, CNS and WorldNetDaily are partisan rags which give only one side of the story-their "news" articles might as well be labelled editorials. I don't ask LoneStarMadam to rebut Democratic Underground or Daily Kos-I have the right to expect her to reciprocate and not expect rebuttal for NewsMax, WorldNetDaily, etc.

By the way, Mysteryman, I wrote this in the post right before the one you quoted-how did you miss it?

To be honest,I didnt miss it.
I had started to respond when the fire alarm went off and I had to go.
(It was a house fire,nobody was hurt).

When I got back,I forgot exactly which post I was responding to and screwed up.
I quoted one post and meant to respond to both posts.

I apologize for the screwup.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:56 pm
parados wrote:
LSM,

Who are you talking about? McG?

I think, not sure, that you're smart enough to figure it out.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:58 pm
Setanta wrote:
I frankly don't give a rat's ass what you believe, McG.

I reacted as i did because this is not the first time i've seen this member post that "Neanderthal" crap. I tire of her ignorance and her vicious behavior--so i commented on it. If that's a problem for you, it's your problem, and not mine.

Good, another post showing liberal hypocricy. Again, thanks. You're on the way to the number 1 spot.
0 Replies