Which Will Hurt Obama The Most

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:01 pm
sozobe wrote:
When I have more time, it can be diverting, but I'm busy enough that it's in the "so not worth it" bin.

Someday I'll do my bulldog impersonation and pursue an LSM unargument/ exercise in silliness 'til the bitter end...

Someday, when you are a lonely old woman who desperately seeks the only attention she can get by posting bile on the internet... Somehow, I think that someday wil be never in your case.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:04 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
What a surprise, I go away for the weekend and LSM is back to her old abusive self.

you were gone? I didn't notice.

You sure noticed I was back though, you posted one minute after I posted.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:05 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
sozobe wrote:
When I have more time, it can be diverting, but I'm busy enough that it's in the "so not worth it" bin.

Someday I'll do my bulldog impersonation and pursue an LSM unargument/ exercise in silliness 'til the bitter end...

Someday, when you are a lonely old woman who desperately seeks the only attention she can get by posting bile on the internet... Somehow, I think that someday wil be never in your case.

When you become a lady then you will know what an old lady feels like. You sure don't act very lady like now do you.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:13 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
sozobe wrote:

When you become a lady then you will know what an old lady feels like. You sure don't act very lady like now do you.

Birds of a feather flock together. Your lame ad hominems have no effect on me and only demonstrate that you are not a gentleman.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:14 pm
At away, Roxxxanne. I'm wid-u.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:17 pm
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:27 pm
How often has political pundits been right on anything? Having said that, it's good to hear all areas of concern about Obama now rather than later. How many presidents turned out good to great after having no "experience" of the sort being detailed by these pundits? Does anybody know? I'm really curious.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:29 pm
Also, how did George W Bush's experience help him?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:36 pm
Bush had no foreign policy experience but more importantly, no foreign policy expertise. Obama has foreign policy expertise, tons of it , as well as the good judgement to surround himself with expert advisors and the willingness to seek out a consensus.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:03 pm
Re: Which Will Hurt Obama The Most
woiyo wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
His chain smoking, his race, or his name, Barak Hussein Obama?
Each of those are a negative in some circles.
Since I'm a smoker, I understand that habit, my family looks like the UN, so his race isn't a problem, now that name, oooh, I might have a peoblem with that.

An objective observer would place his political beliefs ahead of anything you listed.

Thanks for that Woiyo. Its not the first time you've been the one to showcase that one can be a strident conservative and a decent, level-headed person too. No-nonsense, I like that.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:10 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
LSM- Just look at the title of your thread. Just the way you have couched the question, shows your bias, loud and clear.

It's obvious that she (LSM) doesn't want Obama to succeed as President and some people (like me) don't want Bush as President. Whats the problem ?

Shhhh, I'm having fun, let them hiss & spit to their hearts content, it's easier for them than saying anything worthwhile.

"For them"? See below..

LoneStarMadam wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Possible. But this is the first time that I have heard so much psychologizing about a possible candidate. Whew, I am sure that PLENTY could have been inferred about some of the former occupants of the White House. But why now? Is it because deep down inside, some of you think that Obama might have a good chance at the presidency, and are scared shitless about that possibility?

I have the perception that some of you are reflecting more about your OWN feelings, than anything that is a reality with Obama.

You must not have been around during the 2000 and 2004 elections. Bush seemed to be on the couch both times and it wasn't anything nice being said. Funny how you see these things when it effects someone you like.

Remember the "all hat & no cattle"? Then he was elected & re-elected, good or bad, more people than not voted for him in his re-election & had Bush done re-counts in the states that were close, he would probably have gotten the popular vote in the first election as well. Bill Clinton was pilloried a lot, he gave the republicans the ammunition to pillory him & the dems went nuts, now that Bush is being pilloried, well, everyone is just supposed to agree with every dastardly thing said against him, if you don't then it's because you're stupid, uneducated, or just not fit to breathe the same air as the holier than thou liberals....some at least.

"Holier than thou liberals"?

Note to LSM - Phoenix voted Bush in both 2000 and 2004.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:38 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bush had no foreign policy experience but more importantly, no foreign policy expertise. Obama has foreign policy expertise, tons of it , as well as the good judgement to surround himself with expert advisors and the willingness to seek out a consensus.

What foriegn policy experience would that be?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:38 pm
In LSM's, urr, defence -- there is, incredibly, much, much worse and implausible out there ...

... and it's on CNN. (What was that about liberal media again?)

Quote:
AND HAVE WE MENTIONED HIS MIDDLE NAME?:

Good lord. Via Josh Marshall, here's CNN's Jeff Greenfield "analyzing" Obama's decision to go without a tie:

The senator was in New Hampshire over the weekend, sporting what's getting to be the classic Obama look. Call it business casual, a jacket, a collared shirt, but no tie. ... But, in the case of Obama, he may be walking around with a sartorial time bomb. Ask yourself, is there any other major public figure who dresses the way he does? Why, yes. It is Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who, unlike most of his predecessors, seems to have skipped through enough copies of "GQ" to find the jacket-and-no-tie look agreeable. ... Now, it is one thing to have a last name that sounds like Osama and a middle name, Hussein, that is probably less than helpful. But an outfit that reminds people of a charter member of the axis of evil, why, this could leave his presidential hopes hanging by a thread. Or is that threads?
That's cute. They might've also noted that Obama likes movies... just like Kim Jong Il! I'd declare this a low point in CNN's political coverage, but I'm worried someone will find a counterexample. What this does suggest, though, is this. Democrats often fret about finding a presidential candidate who won't get mocked, skewered, and otherwise unfairly tarred by the media the way Al Gore was in 2000. But I can't think of a single Democratic candidate who won't receive this sort of treatment on some level. Obama was supposed to be the media darling. But if the kids want to throw spitballs from the back of class, there's not much stopping them.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:41 pm
Haven't you heard, Nimh? I'm a liberal too! Cool

Zippo wrote:
There is nothing wrong with criticizing people names/religions. Especially if they have a chance of becoming America's future president. LoneStarMadam is completely faultless. However, what i would really like to know is, why people don't do the same with Jewish names in powerful government positions ?

Double Standards ?
Dennis Miller commented that Joe Lieberman's campaign wasn't gaining much steam because people kept mispronouncing his name "Jew Jewberman". Why would you want to see more ridicule of Jewish names in powerful government postions anyway?

sozobe wrote:
Laughing

Gosh, this is shading into the surreal.

Your topic title is which one will hurt him MOST. Inherent in that -- they'll all hurt him, to varying degrees. Inherent in that -- as factors that will hurt him to varying degrees, they're all negative.
Gotta disagree with you there, Soz. Too many threads like this, and superficial crap like this in general may very well force me to throw my vote Obama's way... just out of a sense of fair play (Outside of Giuliani or McCain, at this juncture, he's probably going to get it anyway.).
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:02 pm
nimh wrote:
In LSM's, urr, defence -- there is, incredibly, much, much worse and implausible out there ...

... and it's on CNN. (What was that about liberal media again?)

Quote:
AND HAVE WE MENTIONED HIS MIDDLE NAME?:

Good lord. Via Josh Marshall, here's CNN's Jeff Greenfield "analyzing" Obama's decision to go without a tie:

The senator was in New Hampshire over the weekend, sporting what's getting to be the classic Obama look. Call it business casual, a jacket, a collared shirt, but no tie. ... But, in the case of Obama, he may be walking around with a sartorial time bomb. Ask yourself, is there any other major public figure who dresses the way he does? Why, yes. It is Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who, unlike most of his predecessors, seems to have skipped through enough copies of "GQ" to find the jacket-and-no-tie look agreeable. ... Now, it is one thing to have a last name that sounds like Osama and a middle name, Hussein, that is probably less than helpful. But an outfit that reminds people of a charter member of the axis of evil, why, this could leave his presidential hopes hanging by a thread. Or is that threads?
That's cute. They might've also noted that Obama likes movies... just like Kim Jong Il! I'd declare this a low point in CNN's political coverage, but I'm worried someone will find a counterexample. What this does suggest, though, is this. Democrats often fret about finding a presidential candidate who won't get mocked, skewered, and otherwise unfairly tarred by the media the way Al Gore was in 2000. But I can't think of a single Democratic candidate who won't receive this sort of treatment on some level. Obama was supposed to be the media darling. But if the kids want to throw spitballs from the back of class, there's not much stopping them.

oh dear god

if i was an american, i'd find the no tie a plus, the ties haven't really done much to make the country that great, maybe an open collar is worth a shot
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:32 pm
nimh I said at least some liberals, you decide which camp you're in, I just read & watch & decide who I think is holier than thou.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:44 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

What foriegn policy experience would that be?

I suggest you re-read the post.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:47 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
nimh I said at least some liberals, you decide which camp you're in, I just read & watch & decide who I think is holier than thou.

Oh, I'm more than a liberal - I'm a leftist.

But in those two posts, you sure seemed to automatically classify Phoenix as a liberal - which was rather silly, considering her political views and voting record.

The issue in the background here, of course, is that your definition of liberal appears to be, "anyone who criticizes me". O'Bill, Phoenix - all you need is a sign or two that someone doesnt go along with your talk radio-style political bashing games and - presto - they must be liberals.

Typical, really. If you're not with us, you're against us. If you dont support the Bush line on Iraq, you're supporting the terrorists. "Which camp are you in?", indeed - in your world, there's just "ours" and "theirs".

This mindset, of course, is exactly what had you guys lose the elections; it ended up the perfect way to repell independent voters who'd still gone Bush in 00 or 04 - like Phoenix and O'Bill, for example.

As a leftwinger I'd say, keep up the good work. Get your Brownback, Hunter, Rice or Romney nominated in '08, and end up a bitter minority.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:50 pm
"Good work, indeed!"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:52 pm
Or Gingrich, that would be a laugh...
0 Replies