Barak Hussein Obama? Laughing

Are you serious about his name?

Can you provide proof ?

Is he a Moslem ? Barak Osama ?

this should lay the lie to rest. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:19 am
There are still people who actually don't know the Kenyan father thing, wow.

Yes, he was named after his father, but as Dagmaraka says his father didn't contribute much else. Obama was born and raised in America by his white, Christian mother and his mother's white, Christian family. (If he was born anywhere else, he couldn't run for president.)

Why on earth "might" you have a problem with the name, LSM? (And before you protest that you don't, you say so in your opening post.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:20 am
what lie? i was responding to yours "I think he's a Christian", affirming it.

I've no idea why you're so friggin defensive and vitriolic, but I am thoroughly bored by now. Have a good day.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:29 am
dagmaraka wrote:
what lie? i was responding to yours "I think he's a Christian", affirming it.

I've no idea why you're so friggin defensive and vitriolic, but I am thoroughly bored by now. Have a good day.

Another lie, you said that i brought his religion up, now you don't have the good sense to admit that you lied.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:31 am
There is nothing wrong with criticizing people names/religions. Especially if they have a chance of becoming America's future president. LoneStarMadam is completely faultless. However, what i would really like to know is, why people don't do the same with Jewish names in powerful government positions ?

Double Standards ?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:32 am
sozobe wrote:

Yes, he was named after his father, but as Dagmaraka says his father didn't contribute much else. Obama was born and raised in America by his white, Christian mother and his mother's white, Christian family. (If he was born anywhere else, he couldn't run for president.)

Why on earth "might" you have a problem with the name, LSM? (And before you protest that you don't, you say so in your opening post.)

I dunno, maybe because the name Hussein dredges up some pretty nasty thoughts?
Now, if we can get past what bothers me, why do you care what bothers me?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:35 am
But how hard is it to get past the nasty thoughts? I mean,

Hussein!
Ack, the horrible dictator!
But he's not the same person.
OK.

Doesn't that take, like, 2 seconds max?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:35 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I see the Bear and I share a love for the Lone Star state.

& believe me, The Lone Star State doesn't miiss you or the bears kind

actually I have been to Texas and find it to be a wonderful state. It's just the majority of people living there that's the problem.

You don't like Hispanics?

Texas population staqts by race

From the US Census Bureau:White persons, percent, 2004 (a) 83.3% 80.4%
Black persons, percent, 2004 (a) 11.7% 12.8%
American Indian and Alaska Native persons, percent, 2004 (a) 0.7% 1.0%
Asian persons, percent, 2004 (a) 3.2% 4.2%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, percent, 2004 (a) 0.1% 0.2%
Persons reporting two or more races, percent, 2004 1.0% 1.5%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2004 (b) 34.6% 14.1%
White persons, not Hispanic, percent, 2004 49.8% 67.4%

nice usual failed try at zinging humor though....
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:41 am
Zippo wrote:
There is nothing wrong with criticizing people names/religions. Especially if they have a chance of becoming America's future president. LoneStarMadam is completely faultless. However, what i would really like to know is, why people don't do the same with Jewish names in powerful government positions ?

Double Standards ?

Oh my, thank you Zippo.
I remember when W, just the letter, brought vitriol & hate, so much so that even the W's from all WH keyboards were torn off prior to Bush moving in, I thought that was funny. People are way too sensitive.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:45 am
kickycan wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
what does his name have to do with anything? he is a christian (though i don't care what religion anyone is), born and raised in the u.s. of a. and anyone with 2 brain cells will not judge anyone else just by his name. he didn't choose it for himself. shrug, who really cares.

Then why did you bring his religious beliefs up? You don't care? lol

She didn't bring them up. YOU did.

This could be a reason for the defence.

dagmaraka wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Barak Hussein Obama? Laughing

Are you serious about his name?

Can you provide proof ?

Is he a Moslem ? Barak Osama ?

Glad to see somebody can see the humor in his name. I think he's Christian, not sure.
http://www.nndb.com/people/208/000055043/

yes he is (Kicky's right: YOU brought it up). that's all. his father was from Kenya. There are some Muslims (6%), but mostly protestants (close to 40%) and catholics (around 30%). His father and mother both are protestants, as far as i remember. so his name is nothing more than a name. not every Hussein is a Muslim and/or terrorist.

This could be another reason for the defence.

dagmaraka wrote:
blatant lie? i didn't say you "felt the need to explain it" - just that you brought it up, which you did. Read your own post, one that you quoted just above.

you crack me up, LSM.

Once again a reason for the defence.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:11 pm
sozobe wrote:

Children who have been rejected by their parents and raised in a different environment may have a grudge against their parent[s] in some cases even their whole race. Maybe, him becoming US president would be bad for African American people ? Of course this can't be seen by just looking at the person, its deep inside feelings.

This is my opinion, hope i'm wrong. However, could this be a possibility ?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:29 pm
It's possible that he will sprout wings and a halo. But I really don't think so.

If you're interested in learning more about him and what makes him tick, he has at least two books out, "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance" and "The Audacity of Hope." I haven't read either yet, would like to.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:42 pm
zippo wrote:
Children who have been rejected by their parents and raised in a different environment may have a grudge against their parent[s] in some cases even their whole race. Maybe, him becoming US president would be bad for African American people ? Of course this can't be seen by just looking at the person, its deep inside feelings.

This is my opinion, hope i'm wrong. However, could this be a possibility

Possible. But this is the first time that I have heard so much psychologizing about a possible candidate. Whew, I am sure that PLENTY could have been inferred about some of the former occupants of the White House. But why now? Is it because deep down inside, some of you think that Obama might have a good chance at the presidency, and are scared shitless about that possibility?

I have the perception that some of you are reflecting more about your OWN feelings, than anything that is a reality with Obama.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:07 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
zippo wrote:

Possible. But this is the first time that I have heard so much psychologizing about a possible candidate. Whew, I am sure that PLENTY could have been inferred about some of the former occupants of the White House. But why now? Is it because deep down inside, some of you think that Obama might have a good chance at the presidency, and are scared shitless about that possibility?

I have the perception that some of you are reflecting more about your OWN feelings, than anything that is a reality with Obama.

You must not have been around during the 2000 and 2004 elections. Bush seemed to be on the couch both times and it wasn't anything nice being said. Funny how you see these things when it effects someone you like.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:10 pm
Baldimo wrote:
during the 2000 and 2004 elections

During the elections, huh? And we are now, what, two years before a presidential election, right?

So, what was being said about W in 1998, Baldimo?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:17 pm
Just children, I suppose I should overlook their inability to read....or maybe it's comprehend.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:40 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
zippo wrote:

You must not have been around during the 2000 and 2004 elections. Bush seemed to be on the couch both times and it wasn't anything nice being said. Funny how you see these things when it effects someone you like.

Remember the "all hat & no cattle"? Then he was elected & re-elected, good or bad, more people than not voted for him in his re-election & had Bush done re-counts in the states that were close, he would probably have gotten the popular vote in the first election as well. Bill Clinton was pilloried a lot, he gave the republicans the ammunition to pillory him & the dems went nuts, now that Bush is being pilloried, well, everyone is just supposed to agree with every dastardly thing said against him, if you don't then it's because you're stupid, uneducated, or just not fit to breathe the same air as the holier than thou liberals....some at least.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:41 pm
(Phoenix, you gonna tell them who you voted for in 2000 and 2004?)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:47 pm
Bush as a dry drunk didn't need any psychoanalysis in 2000 or 2004. Many just voted for him with their eyes shut.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:49 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Bush as a dry drunk didn't need any psychoanalysis in 2000 or 2004. Many just voted for him with their eyes shut.

My what a short memory some of you have.
0 Replies