The World According To Jimmy Carter

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 08:52 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
News Flash for LSM, the dems won Congress.

Question for dyslexia, do Dems believe that they own the justice system?

Lets make a list
(1) Iraq
(2) Afghanistan
(3) N Korea
(4) Darfur
(5) Jimmy Carter lifting some maps.
LSM concerns?

(1) Iraq-had that been taken care of in '91 or had the UN been serious about the resolutions against Iraq maybe we wouldn't have gotten to where we are.
(2)Afghanistan-Had we gione after Al Qaeda in '93 when they bombed the WTC the first time, maybe we wouldn't be where we are today.
(3)N.Korea-Had Bill Clinton not kissed N. Koreas ass & allowed them to proliferate, maybe we wouldn't be where we are today
(4) Maybe had we gone after Sudan & Rawanda when they were slaughtering people & running slaves back whne, darfur would not be an issue today. Besides, you want to mess in a soverign countrys affairs?
(5)-Jimmy Carter is a hack, a worthless has been that sucked at the job when he had it & is now showing his true colors, a liar & a thief.
Anything else I can help with?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 08:54 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
This might be a silly question, but aren't most maps duplicates of each other with a little embellishment and added specialized detail here and there?

The geography doesn't get up and move to the north one day and then to the west the next.

Is it the stylised artwork they claim to have been swiped or duplicated?

If I use a different type of writing implement to trace the outline of a previously published map, and publish it, is that stealing? For example, paintbrush vs. ink pen.

Dennis Ross said that he compiled those maps & they are copyrigjhted.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 08:56 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The issue, for Lonestarmadam is that the dems won congress and FDR/Carter are now the total villians and something must be found to divert attention for the reps loss. http://www.antiquemystique.com/images/5354_jpg.jpg

Actually i don't blame the dems for Carter, even though he was not invited to the DNC convention in '92, see, all the dems are't that dumb.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 08:57 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I don't have to remind you, Dys, but perhaps LSM doesn't understand why, all of a sudden, the right is all exercised about Jimmy Carter. It's because he thinks you can negotiate your way to peace in the Middle East. He thinks the USA should actually talk to Hamas, you know, the democratically elected governing party of the Palestinian government in Gaza? The right wing Republicans running things in Washington, the ones who think we can just plunk democracy down anywhere and it will flourish, refuse to talk to Hamas. Why not? Aren't they the ELECTED representatives of Gaza? Well, yes, but the wingnuts won't talk to anybody they don't like. In other words, screw democracy.

Meanwhile, back to Jimmy, the right is trying to find something, anything, to throw a little muck onto him so that they can continue to ignore him and his reality based view of the world.

Joe(and he's a pretty good Christian for being a Democrat)Nation

Carter has been running his peanut smackin lips for several years now, he's nuts, a liar & a thief.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:00 pm
Carter is like tha crazy old aunt that the family hides in the closet when company comes a'callin, then drag her out when the welfare people come so the family can collect the $$ for taking care of her.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:04 pm
djjd62 wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

something tells me we won't be seeing GW helping to build habitat for humanity homes in two years

Probably not, but what does that have to do with jimmah?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:06 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I don't have to remind you, Dys, but perhaps LSM doesn't understand why, all of a sudden, the right is all exercised about Jimmy Carter. It's because he thinks you can negotiate your way to peace in the Middle East. He thinks the USA should actually talk to Hamas, you know, the democratically elected governing party of the Palestinian government in Gaza? The right wing Republicans running things in Washington, the ones who think we can just plunk democracy down anywhere and it will flourish, refuse to talk to Hamas. Why not? Aren't they the ELECTED representatives of Gaza? Well, yes, but the wingnuts won't talk to anybody they don't like. In other words, screw democracy.

Meanwhile, back to Jimmy, the right is trying to find something, anything, to throw a little muck onto him so that they can continue to ignore him and his reality based view of the world.

Thank you for explaining that, Joe. As an outsider (not of the US) I was wondering why Jimmy Carter was suddenly the subject of so much flack here. He wants to negotiate peace in the Middle East? He thinks the US should talk to Hamas? What enlightened thinking! Sounds very sensible & realistic to me, even if he is a shameless map stealer! :wink:
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:00 pm
Absolutely right, msolga. And you last sentence added a nice touch of subtle irony. :wink:
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:01 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

well, then like we've been saying, all he has to do is show up at the lawyers and prove;

1) that the maps in carter's book are the exact same maps.

2) provide the originals.

3) provide his certified copyright forms for those works.

if carter plagerized the work, or did not follow an agreement with ross, he'll have to pay up.

it's a very mechanical process.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:59 pm
Diane wrote:
Absolutely right, msolga. And you last sentence added a nice touch of subtle irony. :wink:

Well, Diane, frankly I see much of this thread as a silly, rather desperate nit-picking exercise for political purposes. Grasping at straws.

If he did, in fact, publish a map without going through the proper procedures then he will be held accountable for doing so. Simple: There are copy-right laws about such things.

But, really, if I compare this with the crime of invading another country for highly suspect reasons, well ......
The thing is, he is proposing some real solutions an extremely volatile situation in the Middle East. For that I give him credit. If only more in the current US government would put their minds to doing the same! The Middle East is not just some side-show of US politics.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:13 pm
You'll see a slight bit more about that in the short New Yorker article I linked to.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:21 am
Quote:
Dennis Ross, a former Mideast envoy and FOX News foreign affairs analyst, claims maps commissioned and published by him were improperly republished in Carter's book.

WARNING: FOX NEWS Link

That Ross is a FOX News analyst is all I needed to know.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 10:07 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

well, then like we've been saying, all he has to do is show up at the lawyers and prove;

1) that the maps in carter's book are the exact same maps.

2) provide the originals.

3) provide his certified copyright forms for those works.

if carter plagerized the work, or did not follow an agreement with ross, he'll have to pay up.

it's a very mechanical process.

Ross' publisher is doing exactly that, like I've already said.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 10:09 am
squinney wrote:
Quote:
Dennis Ross, a former Mideast envoy and FOX News foreign affairs analyst, claims maps commissioned and published by him were improperly republished in Carter's book.

WARNING: FOX NEWS Link

That Ross is a FOX News analyst is all I needed to know.

No matter where Ross works, his copyrights are as protected as would be anyone that works for CNN, or anyplace else, even the Daily Kos
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 10:11 am
msolga wrote:
Diane wrote:

Well, Diane, frankly I see much of this thread as a silly, rather desperate nit-picking exercise for political purposes. Grasping at straws.

If he did, in fact, publish a map without going through the proper procedures then he will be held accountable for doing so. Simple: There are copy-right laws about such things.

But, really, if I compare this with the crime of invading another country for highly suspect reasons, well ......
The thing is, he is proposing some real solutions an extremely volatile situation in the Middle East. For that I give him credit. If only more in the current US government would put their minds to doing the same! The Middle East is not just some side-show of US politics.

Silly or not, in your opinion makes no difference, if jimmah stole anothers copyrighted work, he's a weasel & will be found out.
Ain't it just awful when your hero gets caught for the pettiness that is him.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:06 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Silly or not, in your opinion makes no difference, if jimmah stole anothers copyrighted work, he's a weasel & will be found out.

I generally don't choose politicians as my "heroes", LSM, but I do have some regard for Jimmy Carter. I'm sure The Stolen Maps Incident will sort itself out to everyone's satisfaction. Sorry, but I just don't see it as the huge deal that you do. I can think of many far more weasely acts by politicians than that!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:48 pm
Snorkle.

Stealing maps when you can steal a whole country?

Carter just lacked ambition.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:59 pm
Yeah. No wonder he got the chop!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:22 pm
msolga wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Thank you for explaining that, Joe. As an outsider (not of the US) I was wondering why Jimmy Carter was suddenly the subject of so much flack here. He wants to negotiate peace in the Middle East? He thinks the US should talk to Hamas? What enlightened thinking! Sounds very sensible & realistic to me, even if he is a shameless map stealer! :wink:

He wants to negotiate peace? Like he did in N.Korea,(Billzeebubba sent him) gave 'em the farm & then skulked out. Look what jimmahs peace negotiating did for N.Korea.
Why should we talk with Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, or Syria? That would only legitimize their positions.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:24 pm
msolga wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I generally don't choose politicians as my "heroes", LSM, but I do have some regard for Jimmy Carter. I'm sure The Stolen Maps Incident will sort itself out to everyone's satisfaction. Sorry, but I just don't see it as the huge deal that you do. I can think of many far more weasely acts by politicians than that!

What do you find endearing about jimmah? What did he do as president? He has overseen some homes built, or he lent his name to the projects, but that's about all he ahs done except muck stuff up.
0 Replies