Ut Oh, Could Nancy Be Facing....

snood

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:07 pm
Have you washed this week? Ya gotta wash if'n I'm gonna hug a bi-polar bear...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:10 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
As a follow-up to Timber. I woulda ask you LSM "what do you get out of posting on a2k?" Most of us see this forum as a type of community and, for sure, we have had posters that seem intent of only disrupting rather than debating or providing information.

I enjoy politics, debating issues & some of the characters that are politicians. A friend gave me a link to this site & said they have a good political forum, of course, she hasn't posted here for a long time. i'm not sure if she would still believe it to be a good political forum or not. I have tried to post what my views are & they are more conservative than most here, however, is that a reason for some of the most vile name calling that i have been subjected to? I start a thread & some will do everything they can to disrupt that thread, sadly, they manage to do just that.
I am stubborn though & unless I am banned, i will continue to post. I'm not bothered by whether my philosophy is PC or popular, I am bothered by the mentality of some that will say anyhting in order to stop a view of what someone elses views are if they don't agree with. Freedom of speech isn't real popular with some folks.
Your this is a community comment is curious, do you feel that way if someone different moves into your neighborhood?

I live in a community in North Raleigh of mostly upper income but very diverse folks. All colors, religions, ethnicities and viewpoints. One of it's most distinguishing features is the warmth of the people living here, which seems genuine.

I would guess about the only kind of person we would not welcome in our community, regardless of any other consideration, would be flaming a$$holes.

I don't know what that has to do with this discussion, I just felt compelled somehow to mention it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:11 pm
except for the faint smell of seal entrails snood, I believe I'm okay.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:12 pm
The English lady who lives next door stopped to comment on the little dogs yesterday. The Italian family who lives next door on the other side are always cordial. The family of Kosovar Muslims moved out--they got a bigger house, and we will miss them, they are always so friendly and cheerful. The Greek family across the street are quiet, but they always smile and have a friendly word when you see them.

The loud-mouthed drunk who raged around the street late at night, and snarled at everyone in sight has been gone for about two months now--no one seems to miss him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:16 pm
Setanta wrote:
The English lady who lives next door stopped to comment on the little dogs yesterday. The Italian family who lives next door on the other side are always cordial. The family of Kosovar Muslims moved out--they got a bigger house, and we will miss them, they are always so friendly and cheerful. The Greek family across the street are quiet, but they always smile and have a friendly word when you see them.

The loud-mouthed drunk who raged around the street late at night, and snarled at everyone in sight has been gone for about two months now--no one seems to miss him.

moved to Texas?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:18 pm
Moved back to Texas, i surmise.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:36 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
As a follow-up to Timber. I woulda ask you LSM "what do you get out of posting on a2k?" Most of us see this forum as a type of community and, for sure, we have had posters that seem intent of only disrupting rather than debating or providing information.

I enjoy politics, debating issues & some of the characters that are politicians. A friend gave me a link to this site & said they have a good political forum, of course, she hasn't posted here for a long time. i'm not sure if she would still believe it to be a good political forum or not. I have tried to post what my views are & they are more conservative than most here, however, is that a reason for some of the most vile name calling that i have been subjected to? I start a thread & some will do everything they can to disrupt that thread, sadly, they manage to do just that.
I am stubborn though & unless I am banned, i will continue to post. I'm not bothered by whether my philosophy is PC or popular, I am bothered by the mentality of some that will say anyhting in order to stop a view of what someone elses views are if they don't agree with. Freedom of speech isn't real popular with some folks.
Your this is a community comment is curious, do you feel that way if someone different moves into your neighborhood?
OK that's a fair enough answer and I would add that you seem to have no interest in communication as you have bashed just about everyone on these topics from the left to the right with seeming disregard for actual content of their posts. In simple terms, I guess, you have created an agenda of bashing which probably won't go very far towards maintaining your presence but, hey, that's up to you.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:45 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

OK that's a fair enough answer and I would add that you seem to have no interest in communication as you have bashed just about everyone on these topics from the left to the right with seeming disregard for actual content of their posts. In simple terms, I guess, you have created an agenda of bashing which probably won't go very far towards maintaining your presence but, hey, that's up to you.

For an answer you have to look no further than the last 2 or 3 posts. Even when i have tried, & this isn't my first time, to explain myself, the posts I just referred to are an example of what i get, & most of the time worse. After awhile one gets tired of trying so i join in with the crowd & bash back. BTW-MC has gotten much the same treatment, but he posts things in a much more sophisticated manner than I do. As I have said before, I will meet anybody half way, but I will not be knocked around & called names simply for the views I hold. The actual content of my posts are ofetn overlooked as well & I am amswered with dyke, magotta, (or whatever that name is) hag, drunk etc, etc. When you can look at what I've said objectively in this post, then you will agree that it isn't just me
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:46 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
By and large, interaction among members here at A2K is not characterized by rancor and unpleasantness. One is called to wonder why interactions involving LSM typically are not characteristic of this website's overall tenor.

Because some don't like my views on politics & politicians?

No, I would submit that which brings approbation upon you is the style of your interaction, not its substance.
Quote:
Duh Why is it that the first day I posted that I was attacked?

A review of your posting history shows that to be not a fact.

Quote:
Why is it that many have said that I am the reincarnation of a former poster whne I have denied that everytime?

As mentioned earlier, Madam, its a matter of style.

Quote:
In fact, I have sent a request to the moderators/support group & asked if there is anyway that i can dispell that lie. I am waiting to hear back.

I suspect you may wait a while; I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry. Perhaps not, though perhaps as well should you "hear back" what you might hear well could be of disappointment to you - if not outright inconvenience.

Quote:
What is it that you expect from me,

Nothing different from that expected of everyone else;
The Terms: IIIB, 6)While occasional breaches of decorum in the heat of debate will be tolerated, members whose interactions are marked by a consistent pattern of demeaning and abusive interactions will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including permanent removal from the service.[/b][/i][/u][/url]

Quote:
that I am continually lied about, called dyke, troll, obese, toothless, & liar

Humor me, if you would please - provide links to posts in which you have been called a dyke, troll, obese, or toothless. As for liar, well, your posting history speaks for itself; while "liar", per se might be a tad overwrought, by the evidence, factuality appears to play an odd role in your worldview.

Quote:
. that i should just sit back & take it?

I submit, Madam, that you yourself manufacture the occasion of your discontent. I submit further that by the evidence you do so knowingly, willingly, persistently, and enthusiastically.

Quote:
Forget it buster, that dof won't hunt.

The hell it won't - the baying of a pack on the scent of a troll is unmistakable. The best way to avoid the pack is to avoid troll-like behavior.

LoneStarMadam wrote:
I am bothered by the mentality of some that will say anyhting in order to stop a view of what someone elses views are if they don't agree with.

I submit once again, Madam, it is not your point of view others here do not wish to see aired, it is the manner by which you air that point of view.

Quote:
Freedom of speech isn't real popular with some folks.

I've seen no indication anyone here has sought to restrict your freedom of speech - object to you manner of speech yes, but deny you - or anyone else - the right to to speak - or, more correctly to type - as you see fit? I think not.

Regardless, one gets from a web forum pretty much what one brings to it; for good or for ill, you've established your credentials locally.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:49 pm
I say this to you timber Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:57 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I say this to you timber Rolling Eyes

On the secnt of a troll? I rest my case.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
Please allow me to offer you this cool refreshing carb loaded drink so you can keep digging without tiring yourself......
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:59 pm
It seems that some posters start out wih a meaningful thought, then allow their ego & self worth get the best of them, you know, like maybe I give two figs what they have to say, once they get to the name calling.
On the scent of a troll
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:01 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Please allow me to offer you this cool refreshing carb loaded drink so you can keep digging without tiring yourself......

I did see a kind of drink you offer, but it wasn't fit for human consumption, one of your by-products I believe.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:02 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That's brilliant, BP.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:02 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I did see a kind of drink you offer, but it wasn't fit for human consumption, one of your by-products I believe.

Then by all means allow me to offer you a case.....
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:06 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
It seems that some posters start out wih a meaningful thought, then allow their huge ego & over inflated self worth get the best of them, you know, like maybe I give two figs what they have to say, once they get to the name calling.
On the scent of a troll
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:06 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Then by all means allow me to offer you a case.....
case of what? STD?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:07 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
It seems that some posters start out wih a meaningful thought, then allow their ego & self worth get the best of them, you know, like maybe I give two figs what they have to say, once they get to the name calling.
On the scent of a troll

As you know, I really don't like your performance here. But from one fallible and vulnerable human to another, I sincerely plead with you to take Timber's post as kindly intentioned and wise.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:08 pm
blatham wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That's brilliant, BP.

Your idea of brilliant is a result of what. your education?
0 Replies