Ut Oh, Could Nancy Be Facing....

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:08 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I did see a kind of drink you offer, but it wasn't fit for human consumption, one of your by-products I believe.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4100/quitdigging4jc.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:11 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Please allow me to offer you this cool refreshing carb loaded drink so you can keep digging without tiring yourself......

I did see a kind of drink you offer, but it wasn't fit for human consumption, one of your by-products I believe.

Then by all means allow me to offer you a case.....
case of what? STD?

Madam I assure you that the chances of your ever receving anything from this Bear that must be transmitted sexually are slim and none... I may be a simple and wild creature but there are things even a wild animal won't do......
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:19 pm
blatham wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
It seems that some posters start out wih a meaningful thought, then allow their ego & self worth get the best of them, you know, like maybe I give two figs what they have to say, once they get to the name calling.
On the scent of a troll

As you know, I really don't like your performance here. But from one fallible and vulnerable human to another, I sincerely plead with you to take Timber's post as kindly intentioned and wise.

Which part should I take her seriously on, the troll, or the other?
When I get called a name, I read no further into that post.
As you know, I don't care what you like. Then there's the tiny fact that unless I change my political views & kiss a$$ here, my performance will not be liked here. I'll stick to my philosophy no matter how many times it or myself are attacked, you stick to yours. I will NEVER attack you on what yuor political views are nor even on what you think of a politician, I will disagree with you certainlty, but that's it....unless, your performance of attacking keeps on.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:20 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Please allow me to offer you this cool refreshing carb loaded drink so you can keep digging without tiring yourself......

Then by all means allow me to offer you a case.....
case of what? STD?

Madam I assure you that the chances of your ever receving anything from this Bear that must be transmitted sexually are slim and none... I may be a simple and wild creature but there are things even a wild animal won't do......

For the first time...we agree, you will never get that close to me.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:38 pm
timberlandko wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4100/quitdigging4jc.jpg

& what is that supposed to mean? Is it sign language, a photo you took of your home? What?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:39 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Then there's the tiny fact that unless I change my political views & kiss a$$ here, my performance will not be liked here. I'll stick to my philosophy no matter how many times it or myself are attacked, you stick to yours. I will NEVER attack you on what yuor political views are nor even on what you think of a politician, I will disagree with you certainlty, but that's it....unless, your performance of attacking keeps on.

I submit again, Madam, it is not your philosophy which draws ire so much as it is your manner of interaction. What you choose to do about that is your call. I suspect it inevitable that sooner or later, one way or another, by someone, a call is going to be made. Should you persist in the behavior to this point you have been affecting, that call may be the occassion of somewhat more dismay to you than to the membership-at-large of this website..
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:53 pm
timberlandko wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Then there's the tiny fact that unless I change my political views & kiss a$$ here, my performance will not be liked here. I'll stick to my philosophy no matter how many times it or myself are attacked, you stick to yours. I will NEVER attack you on what yuor political views are nor even on what you think of a politician, I will disagree with you certainlty, but that's it....unless, your performance of attacking keeps on.

I submit again, Madam, it is not your philosophy which draws ire so much as it is your manner of interaction. What you choose to do about that is your call. I suspect it inevitable that sooner or later, one way or another, by someone, a call is going to be made. Should you persist in the behavior to this point you have been affecting, that call may be the occassion of somewhat more dismay to you than to the membership-at-large of this website..

Then what is your excuse? have i ever called you a troll or any other knid of name?
Your feined outrage is duly noted.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:55 pm
I submit, madam, that you cannot provide a link to any instance of my having called you a troll - or for that matter to my having called you anything else.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:08 pm
timberlandko wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
By and large, interaction among members here at A2K is not characterized by rancor and unpleasantness. One is called to wonder why interactions involving LSM typically are not characteristic of this website's overall tenor.

Because some don't like my views on politics & politicians?

No, I would submit that which brings approbation upon you is the style of your interaction, not its substance.
Quote:
Duh Why is it that the first day I posted that I was attacked?

A review of your posting history shows that to be not a fact.

Quote:
Why is it that many have said that I am the reincarnation of a former poster whne I have denied that everytime?

As mentioned earlier, Madam, its a matter of style.

Quote:
In fact, I have sent a request to the moderators/support group & asked if there is anyway that i can dispell that lie. I am waiting to hear back.

I suspect you may wait a while; I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry. Perhaps not, though perhaps as well should you "hear back" what you might hear well could be of disappointment to you - if not outright inconvenience.

Quote:
What is it that you expect from me,

Nothing different from that expected of everyone else;
The Terms: IIIB, 6)While occasional breaches of decorum in the heat of debate will be tolerated, members whose interactions are marked by a consistent pattern of demeaning and abusive interactions will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including permanent removal from the service.[/b][/i][/u][/url]

Quote:
that I am continually lied about, called dyke, troll, obese, toothless, & liar

Humor me, if you would please - provide links to posts in which you have been called a dyke, troll, obese, or toothless. As for liar, well, your posting history speaks for itself; while "liar", per se might be a tad overwrought, by the evidence, factuality appears to play an odd role in your worldview.

Quote:
. that i should just sit back & take it?

I submit, Madam, that you yourself manufacture the occasion of your discontent. I submit further that by the evidence you do so knowingly, willingly, persistently, and enthusiastically.

Quote:
Forget it buster, that dof won't hunt.

The hell it won't - the baying of a pack on the scent of a troll is unmistakable. The best way to avoid the pack is to avoid troll-like behavior.

LoneStarMadam wrote:
I am bothered by the mentality of some that will say anyhting in order to stop a view of what someone elses views are if they don't agree with.

I submit once again, Madam, it is not your point of view others here do not wish to see aired, it is the manner by which you air that point of view.

Quote:
Freedom of speech isn't real popular with some folks.
Your this is a community comment is curious, do you feel that way if someone different moves into your neighborhood?

I've seen no indication anyone here has sought to restrict your freedom of speech - object to you manner of speech yes, but deny you - or anyone else - the right to to speak - or, more correctly to type - as you see fit? I think not.

Regardless, one gets from a web forum pretty much what one brings to it; for good or for ill, you've established your credentials locally.

scent of a troll You didpost that. right>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:23 pm
Certainly I did - and in that post I most certainly did not call you a troll. For sake of entertainment, however, I will make a point here of saying your posting history on this website has been - apart from (or perhaps better said "largely due in part to") astoundingly, even obsessively prolific - quite troll-like.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:28 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Why is it that many have said that I am the reincarnation of a former poster whne I have denied that everytime? In fact, I have sent a request to the moderators/support group & asked if there is anyway that i can dispell that lie.

I don't know what, if anything, the mods can do to help you, but I believe you. I don't think you are Possum and I've said so previously. You actually remind me more of Momma Angel/Arella Mae (one of our prolific evangelical christians), but I don't think that's who you are either. I think you're your own self, LSM, and maybe you wouldn't have started spitting vitriol if you hadn't been accused of being another Possum incarnation from day one. But then again, I don't think you would have been accused of being another incarnation if your style wasn't so similar to his.

I haven't read your earliest posts, and don't have the inclination to go back to do so, but I gather things went downhill very quickly. I don't have an answer for you on how to turn things around, if that's what you would like to do, but I don't think you need to keep denying that you're a reincarnation of BernardR. Those who believe you, believe you. Those who don't, probably won't.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:49 pm
There are several posts by one other member in which the cited name calling of LonestarMadam occurs. (I can post urls to them if needed) That other member has a posting style and decorum similar to what is objected to in yours, Madam. Coincidentally, you both concur that you are familiar with each other from another message board. Perhaps that is why you both are able to push each other's buttons so vividly.

You are correct in saying that it is unfair that nothing be said to the other poster about their decorum. You are incorrect in assuming that this other poster has not received similar disregard, advice and warnings as you are receiving.

What I don't understand is why you would allow one person to influence your behavior and status as a member here. There are 50,000 other members, and a lot more depth to A2K than just the political arena. I'll extend the same invitation to you. Join us in some of the other forum topics too. You'll find a different side of A2K that is a welcome respite to the political forum on occasion.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:14 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Certainly I did - and in that post I most certainly did not call you a troll. For sake of entertainment, however, I will make a point here of saying your posting history on this website has been - apart from (or perhaps better said "largely due in part to") astoundingly, even obsessively prolific - quite troll-like.

I submit to you that you're very good at parsing words, but that's the closest thing you'll get to praise from me. In fact, most here are good at parsing & that's fine too, just don't be fooled into thinking that you're so smart that your thin veneer of insults is is not apparent.
this is my last word to you, i don't really appreciate suck ups, guess I'm not that sophisticated.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:16 pm
JPB wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Why is it that many have said that I am the reincarnation of a former poster whne I have denied that everytime? In fact, I have sent a request to the moderators/support group & asked if there is anyway that i can dispell that lie.

I don't know what, if anything, the mods can do to help you...

You misspelled meds. Smile
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:18 pm
JPB wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I don't know what, if anything, the mods can do to help you, but I believe you. I don't think you are Possum and I've said so previously. You actually remind me more of Momma Angel/Arella Mae (one of our prolific evangelical christians), but I don't think that's who you are either. I think you're your own self, LSM, and maybe you wouldn't have started spitting vitriol if you hadn't been accused of being another Possum incarnation from day one. But then again, I don't think you would have been accused of being another incarnation if your style wasn't so similar to his.

I haven't read your earliest posts, and don't have the inclination to go back to do so, but I gather things went downhill very quickly. I don't have an answer for you on how to turn things around, if that's what you would like to do, but I don't think you need to keep denying that you're a reincarnation of BernardR. Those who believe you, believe you. Those who don't, probably won't.

Thank you. I have given up on trying to appease these people, they have made a decisipon & neither hell nor high water will change their minds.
Appease isn't a good word for what I've tried to do, maybe get them to understand that calling me by some former posters name, or troll or whatever other name they can pull from their armpits, would help.
I don't know if the moferators can help either, but it was worth a try, we'll see.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:21 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
There are several posts by one other member in which the cited name calling of LonestarMadam occurs. (I can post urls to them if needed) That other member has a posting style and decorum similar to what is objected to in yours, Madam. Coincidentally, you both concur that you are familiar with each other from another message board. Perhaps that is why you both are able to push each other's buttons so vividly.

You are correct in saying that it is unfair that nothing be said to the other poster about their decorum. You are incorrect in assuming that this other poster has not received similar disregard, advice and warnings as you are receiving.

What I don't understand is why you would allow one person to influence your behavior and status as a member here. There are 50,000 other members, and a lot more depth to A2K than just the political arena. I'll extend the same invitation to you. Join us in some of the other forum topics too. You'll find a different side of A2K that is a welcome respite to the political forum on occasion.

Which other poster are you referring to? It hasn't been just one poster & you must surely know that. If you will watch, you will see certain posters. if not name call directly, at the very least make innuendos no matter what i say.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:25 pm
Quote:

Thank you. I have given up on trying to appease these people, they have made a decisipon & neither hell nor high water will change their minds.

This is untrue. I stated quite clearly to you that I will base my actions upon your behavior and I'm sure many others will do the same.

I can tell you this - if you can't learn to back your arguments up better factually, you will have a long row to hoe here at A2K.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:38 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I submit to you that you're very good at parsing words,

Thanks. I read what's there, I try to assess and address what is written. Seems to work pretty well mosta the time.

Quote:
but that's the closest thing you'll get to praise from me.

Try to imagine the depth of my disinterest.

Quote:
In fact, most here are good at parsing & that's fine too,

Yes, some are, some are not, and yes, that's fine too.

Quote:
just don't be fooled into thinking that you're so smart that your thin veneer of insults is is not apparent.

As said earlier, Madam, no one is fooled, least of all fooled by your ill-founded, diversionary allegations of what is apparent.

Quote:
this is my last word to you,

'Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished ... somehow, however, I'm not confident the wish has much promise of fruition.

Quote:
i don't really appreciate suck ups, guess I'm not that sophisticated.

While that statement arguably comprises both explicit and implicit ad hominem attack, it isn't a very sophisticated example of same - I'll grant you that, and give you points for consistency of style.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:54 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

This is untrue. I stated quite clearly to you that I will base my actions upon your behavior and I'm sure many others will do the same.

I can tell you this - if you can't learn to back your arguments up better factually, you will have a long row to hoe here at A2K.

Cycloptichorn

I did not mean to imply that everyone would carry on no matter what i say I did say certain posters
Even the arguments that are backed up draws ire from some posters. Even my opinions. that are just that, my opinions, also draws the vermin out of the woodwork.
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:54 pm
LittleBitty wrote:
I don't believe that I'm deserving of the treatment I've received regardless of the length of time I've been here. My posts have not been personal attacks. I've seen and ignored many comments, some calling me a troll, some calling me other posters, and in general, there's been behavior I'd be ashamed of if I were a veteran. I'm quite certain that I would receive more mutual respect in a coffee shop or sewing circle if only I knew how to sew.

Butrflynet wrote:
On this point, I'll agree with you! It is too bad you happened to come through the door at the same time as the other two in the posse. Must be that collateral damage and guilt by association thing everyone here is gnawing on. Imagine what it would be like if you were a public figure or politician. No wonder this is the quality of character we have running for public office.

If I had been a member of this board for a long period of time, and some poster that had been a menace was recently banned (I'm assuming this person was banned and is not here), I'd be cautious around newcomers myself, I just wouldn't speculate or post about new members.

Butrflynet wrote:
I'm sorry you've been tarnished by it. It would be great if people (this means all stripes and flavors of people) could put forth an opinion without coming away feeling like they'd been mangled and discarded. A lot more people would become involved in the political discussions here again.

I invite you to step into some of the other categories of discussion here. I've seen you in the Marlboro one and know you'd be a welcome participant in a lot of others.

Tarnish may be a bit harsh but I certainly appreciate the gesture, and look forward to posting in other forums as I warm to them.

LSM - I don't know that Butrflynet had read the thread with my explanation concerning my husband. I just want to give the benefit of the doubt here.
0 Replies