Carter blames Israel for Mideast conflict

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:14 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Then feel free to start a thread about it.

You asked what, I told you.
<snicker>

Yes, you told me. And the answer was "nothing".

Eaxctly, in answering your question about nothing, what else could you expect?
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:30 pm
kuvasz wrote:
woiyo wrote:
President Carter's memory is failing. He was the one who helped frame the Camp david accord. How did that ultimately work out?

Well now that you asked, pretty damned well as the principle feature of the accord was to remove from the board an arab nation with nearly 100,000,000 arab people and the world's largest arab army which had fought three wars in 26 years with Israel and has yet to fight another over the past 26 years.

Excellent! In case anybody was wondering, Kuvasz is referring to Egypt.
Israel's peace with Egypt has held, but, unfortunately, Israel has failed to other aspects of the Camp David Accord.

Many people were upset with Carter's "weak" response to the taking of hostages in Iran. As Carter responds in his interviews, nobody, Iranians nor hostages were killed. Had Carter been trigger happy, the hostages and many thousands of Americans and Iranians would have lost there lives.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:11 pm
Slightly off topic...

Flashback
Quote:
'Israel knew Iraq had no nuclear weapons'

By Laurie Copans

Jerusalem - A government critic said on Tuesday that Israel was aware before the war against Iraq that Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, but Israel did not inform the United States.

Israel put itself on war footing before the US invasion last year, passing out gas mask kits to its citizens and then ordering them to open the kits, a step that eventually will cost millions, since components would have to be replaced.

But lawmaker Yossi Sarid, a member of the Foreign Affairs and Defence Committee, said on Tuesday that Israeli intelligence knew beforehand that Iraq had no weapons stockpiles and misled US President George Bush.

'Israel didn't want to spoil President Bush's scenario'

In contrast, a lawmaker from Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Likud Party said Israel had shared its doubts with the Americans.

During the first Gulf war in 1991, Iraq fired 39 Scud missiles at Israel, all with conventional warheads. Last year Israel appointed a stern general, Amos Gilead, as its liaison with the population. Gilead filled the airwaves with dire warnings of possible chemical or biological attacks from Iraq.

Sarid, who represents the dovish opposition Meretz Party, said it was just a costly show - Israeli intelligence knew the threat was "very, very, very limited."

"It was known in Israel that the story that weapons of mass destruction could be activated in 45 minutes was an old wives' tale," said Sarid, regarding a claim leading up to the war.

"Israel didn't want to spoil President Bush's scenario, and it should have," Sarid said.

Israeli critics say the government of Sharon maintained the state of alert for its own political reasons, to help galvanise public opinion in favour of harsh steps against the Palestinians.

The United States and Britain have launched inquiries into intelligence reports about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, used by leaders of both nations as part of their justification for the invasion. So far such weapons have not been found.

Likud lawmaker Ehud Yatom said Israel told the Americans that it was not sure that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.

"Israel said apparently there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but we haven't seen anything with our own eyes," Yatom said. "But the great United States didn't have to rely on Israel." Yatom had a career in Israeli security before entering the parliament last year.

Another view came from Scott Ritter, who led United Nations weapons inspections in Iraq for seven years before resigning in 1998. He told an Israeli newspaper this week that Israel knew for years that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction.

"The Israeli intelligence reached this conclusion many years ago," Ritter told the Ynet Internet site, affiliated with the Yediot Ahronot newspaper. "Despite this, the security establishment instructed citizens to open their gas masks, a move that cost Israel billions."

Ritter, an ex-Marine officer, has been a vocal critic of Bush's Iraq policies.

When Ritter met with Israeli intelligence officials in 1998, they told him that Iraq had been reduced to the number six threat down from number one four years before, he said.

"In the end, if the Israeli intelligence knew that Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction, so the CIA knew it and thus British intelligence too," Ritter told Ynet. - Sapa-AP

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=qw1075852801225B262&amp;set_id=1&amp;click_id=3&amp;sf=

Simple quick question - Are they really our allies ?

I mean you'd have to be a complete wacko to even think that the Israeli occupation has anything to do with the violence in the Middle East. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:44 pm
Didn't Israel destroy something in Iraq to do with Iraq getting close to having the capability of nukes? I can't remember the details.
As for Israel being our friend, I don't know, but they are the closest thing we have to a friend in the middle east.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:26 pm
BEN: We are essentially out of time and only have time for one more question, talking to the 39th President of the United States, Jimmy Carter. Mr. President, you are an Evangelical Christian, how do you account then for the sort of rabid support for everything Israel does without qualification from so many Evangelical Christian leaders in this country, and how do you think that influences the administrations politics?

CARTER: Some Christians who I know very well, very devout people, believe a certain interpretation of Revelations, that in my opinion are quite weird, in that in the coming of Christ that the holy land has to be occupied by the Jews and not by anyone else and then in the end that all Jews will have to be killed or either converted to Christianity. This is a very seriously distorted interpretation of the Scriptures that I am very familiar with. http://www.theyoungturks.com/story/2006/11/30/144359/85
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 10:54 pm
killed or converted to Christianity? i have never heard that intrerpretation in my life. The Bible says that any & all that do not accept Jesus as the son of God & their personal savior will perish, not just the Jews.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:05 pm
blatham wrote:
monte

We are going to have a problem if you use "liberal bias" to discount any and all content/analysis which doesn't arrive via "conservative bias". That's a framework which is designed to prohibit agreement.

Not if you are referencing a single point or article, but when you use the entire Haaretz publication (and its website) as a weapon, claiming that other posters are ignorant and uninformed for not reading, you open the door to having the entire publication commented upon, which is just what I did.

Quote:
Take part of the description you quoted above...

Quote:
the paper's editorial line on economic issues is primarily classical-liberal in the spirit of The Economist. It supports privatization, free-trade, reduction in welfare, lower taxes and strict fiscal practices

Note the "classical liberal" there, the comparison with The Economist, and what is supported. In American modern rightwing terminology of the Coulter or Fox sort, no such creature as "classical liberalism" is either known about nor admitted to exist.

Note that the captioned quote was taken verbatim from the Wikipedia, not I. If this were an opinion from a Fox News editor or Ann Coulter, I could see your point, but the Wikipedia has never stood out to me as a conservatively biased organization. They have a feature whereby someone can dispute the Wikipedia, but any disputes are noted. I didn't recall seeing any disputes about Wikipedia's description of the Haaretz.
Quote:
Earlier, I threw in a quote from the Jerusalem Post as well, a much more predictably "conservative" publication.

My recommendation would be to refuse the prejudicial framework of "liberal" and "conservative" - which sets us up to accept or reject information and analyses before really considering them carefully. For a month or so, say, pop into the Jerusalem Post and Ha'aretz two or three times a week, and just survey what is going on in Israel and what folks there are thinking. One thing you will discover is that opinion in Israel is far more diverse than our press/TV over here hint at. It is a considerable curiosity how that has come about, but it is the case.

There are many Americans who criticize Bush for prosecuting the Iraq War strictly because it appears as Israel's battle that is being waged by the United States. Keeping in mind that Saddam's regime sponsored $25,000 bounties for families of suicide bombers to blow up innocent Israelis, Saddam called Israel "The Little Satan", launched Scud missles, threatened biological and germ warfare, I can hardly see a consensus building among self-respecting Israeli citizens to oppose our overthrowing that government.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:21 pm
Zippo wrote:
Slightly off topic...

Flashback
Quote:
'Israel knew Iraq had no nuclear weapons'

By Laurie Copans

Jerusalem - A government critic said on Tuesday that Israel was aware before the war against Iraq that Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, but Israel did not inform the United States.

Israel put itself on war footing before the US invasion last year, passing out gas mask kits to its citizens and then ordering them to open the kits, a step that eventually will cost millions, since components would have to be replaced.

But lawmaker Yossi Sarid, a member of the Foreign Affairs and Defence Committee, said on Tuesday that Israeli intelligence knew beforehand that Iraq had no weapons stockpiles and misled US President George Bush.

'Israel didn't want to spoil President Bush's scenario'

In contrast, a lawmaker from Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Likud Party said Israel had shared its doubts with the Americans.

During the first Gulf war in 1991, Iraq fired 39 Scud missiles at Israel, all with conventional warheads. Last year Israel appointed a stern general, Amos Gilead, as its liaison with the population. Gilead filled the airwaves with dire warnings of possible chemical or biological attacks from Iraq.

Sarid, who represents the dovish opposition Meretz Party, said it was just a costly show - Israeli intelligence knew the threat was "very, very, very limited."

"It was known in Israel that the story that weapons of mass destruction could be activated in 45 minutes was an old wives' tale," said Sarid, regarding a claim leading up to the war.

"Israel didn't want to spoil President Bush's scenario, and it should have," Sarid said.

Israeli critics say the government of Sharon maintained the state of alert for its own political reasons, to help galvanise public opinion in favour of harsh steps against the Palestinians.

The United States and Britain have launched inquiries into intelligence reports about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, used by leaders of both nations as part of their justification for the invasion. So far such weapons have not been found.

Likud lawmaker Ehud Yatom said Israel told the Americans that it was not sure that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.

"Israel said apparently there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but we haven't seen anything with our own eyes," Yatom said. "But the great United States didn't have to rely on Israel." Yatom had a career in Israeli security before entering the parliament last year.

Another view came from Scott Ritter, who led United Nations weapons inspections in Iraq for seven years before resigning in 1998. He told an Israeli newspaper this week that Israel knew for years that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction.

"The Israeli intelligence reached this conclusion many years ago," Ritter told the Ynet Internet site, affiliated with the Yediot Ahronot newspaper. "Despite this, the security establishment instructed citizens to open their gas masks, a move that cost Israel billions."

Ritter, an ex-Marine officer, has been a vocal critic of Bush's Iraq policies.

When Ritter met with Israeli intelligence officials in 1998, they told him that Iraq had been reduced to the number six threat down from number one four years before, he said.

"In the end, if the Israeli intelligence knew that Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction, so the CIA knew it and thus British intelligence too," Ritter told Ynet. - Sapa-AP

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=qw1075852801225B262&amp;set_id=1&amp;click_id=3&amp;sf=

Simple quick question - Are they really our allies ?

I mean you'd have to be a complete wacko to even think that the Israeli occupation has anything to do with the violence in the Middle East. Rolling Eyes

Early in this author's caustic anti-Semitic rant, the author criticizes a government for spending millions on parts for gas masks (which the author is sure is just, you know...a baseless scare tactic). At the risk of offending Blatham with another liberal epithet, since when do liberals care about the cost of anything? Is it only when it comes to national defense? I mean, hire a million people in permanently tenured position with full vested benefits for any one of an endless number of harebrained bureaus and that's fine, or throw millions at no talent bums who urinate in jars and call it art and it's all good, but spend a few million defending citizens lives against a crazy dictator who dropped 180,000 of his own countrymen with nerve gas, and now there's some real cause for alarm!

This is a classic case of spin doctoring in 20-20 hindsight. One of Saddam Hussein's generals, General Georges Hormiz Sada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Sada), states that Saddam indeed had WMD and when under threat of war and inspections, transported the stockpiles to Syria. Also, several nations believed that Saddam Hussein had WMD, not just the United States.

I like the way that this author recounts Iraq shooting all these Scud missles into Israel, and uses that to make a case that Iraq posed no threat! I don't know. For some people this guy might make a lot of sense. From my vantage point, though, the author of this piece strikes me as being pretty clueless.

I don't know if someone would be wacko for thinking Israel has something to do with the problems in the mideast, but fundamentalist Moslems are equal opportunity haters. They not only hate Jews, but they hate the Catholics too. Contrary to the assumption that the mideast has only been fighting since 1948 when Israel was established, the Moslems have been nursing a grudge they've never gotten over, going clear back to the Crusades in 400AD. To a Moslem, anyone who doesn't bend over for the Koran is a heretic or an infidel.
http://asups.ups.edu/clubs/fair/website/Special_Features/Camp_David_2000.html
Quote:
In July of 2000, President Clinton (center), Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak (left), and Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat (right) met at Camp David to bring an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. As can be seen from the map of the proposal (shown below), Israel offered 100% of the Gaza Strip and 95% of the West Bank. The 5% of the West Bank that was not offered included Israeli settlements adjacent to Israel. In addition, Arab parts of East Jerusalem, including parts of the Old City and the Temple Mount (with the Al-Aksa and Dome of the Rock mosques), were offered in the proposal.

To make up for the land not given as part of the West Bank deal to the Palestinians, Israel would give up an equally sized portion of land adjacent to the Gaza Strip and would even build a city large enough to house 500,000 Palestinians (thereby, greatly reducing the number of refugees). In order to maintain territorial contiguity of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, a road that only Palestinians would be able to access would connect the two territories. Israel would get around it by building either bridges or tunnels.

Although this gave Arafat 98% of what he wanted, the Palestinian leader wanted all of East Jerusalem and the West Bank. Rather than negotiating, Mr. Arafat went against many of his advisers and walked out of the talks. President Clinton and Mr. Barak were furious at Arafat, who apparently cannot accept two important facts:

1. Israel does not have an expiry date.
2. The notion of "all or nothing" goes against the concept of negotiation.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:41 pm
Going back to Gulf War I again. Hmmm. Bush Sr. let saddam occupy Kuwait for a whole week without any concern as the parasphrase from Bush Administration "what Arabs do to Arabs is of no concern to us." Then when Bush realized his manhood was in question, lies about babies killed in an incubator to demonize Saddam were spread in the news.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 06:42 am
Quote:
blatham wrote:
monte

We are going to have a problem if you use "liberal bias" to discount any and all content/analysis which doesn't arrive via "conservative bias". That's a framework which is designed to prohibit agreement.

(monte responded) Not if you are referencing a single point or article, but when you use the entire Haaretz publication (and its website) as a weapon, claiming that other posters are ignorant and uninformed for not reading, you open the door to having the entire publication commented upon, which is just what I did.

It is fine to comment on the publication, but you've really just taken a single element from Wikipedia's commentary (it's a "left-leaning" publication) as a means to discount the publication and contents in toto or to perhaps justify not bothering to get familiar with it. The Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs...
Quote:
Ha'aretz, founded 1919, is Israel's oldest daily, enjoying prestige and a reputation for solid, high-level reporting. It is owned by the Shocken media conglomerate which also owns a publishing house and many local papers.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
the paper's editorial line on economic issues is primarily classical-liberal in the spirit of The Economist. It supports privatization, free-trade, reduction in welfare, lower taxes and strict fiscal practices

Note the "classical liberal" there, the comparison with The Economist, and what is supported. In American modern rightwing terminology of the Coulter or Fox sort, no such creature as "classical liberalism" is either known about nor admitted to exist.

(monte responded) Note that the captioned quote was taken verbatim from the Wikipedia, not I. If this were an opinion from a Fox News editor or Ann Coulter, I could see your point, but the Wikipedia has never stood out to me as a conservatively biased organization. They have a feature whereby someone can dispute the Wikipedia, but any disputes are noted. I didn't recall seeing any disputes about Wikipedia's description of the Haaretz.

I didn't dispute the Wikipedia entry at all. I quoted Wikipedia's description of Ha'aretz's general editorial position on economic/governance matters...
Quote:
Which, of course, is a position which would be quite at home in a "right-leaning" publication in the US or Britain or Canada. And I pointed to the term "classical liberal" because that term (and what it actually means) will not be found in modern American rightwing media. Educated, historically accurate commentary on "liberalism" is almost completely absent from modern American rightwing media. How familiar, for example, do you think Lone Star Madam will be on John Stuart Mill and how his reasoning for "liberalism" on matters of free speech underpins that fundamental American value and American judicial precedent on the matter, including Scalia's position for example?

Quote:
Quote:
Earlier, I threw in a quote from the Jerusalem Post as well, a much more predictably "conservative" publication.

My recommendation would be to refuse the prejudicial framework of "liberal" and "conservative" - which sets us up to accept or reject information and analyses before really considering them carefully. For a month or so, say, pop into the Jerusalem Post and Ha'aretz two or three times a week, and just survey what is going on in Israel and what folks there are thinking. One thing you will discover is that opinion in Israel is far more diverse than our press/TV over here hint at. It is a considerable curiosity how that has come about, but it is the case.

(monte responded) There are many Americans who criticize Bush for prosecuting the Iraq War strictly because it appears as Israel's battle that is being waged by the United States. Keeping in mind that Saddam's regime sponsored $25,000 bounties for families of suicide bombers to blow up innocent Israelis, Saddam called Israel "The Little Satan", launched Scud missles, threatened biological and germ warfare, I can hardly see a consensus building among self-respecting Israeli citizens to oppose our overthrowing that government.

Well, here's where you confront a choice...either you can continue assuming you know what is going on in Israeli society and what Israeli citizens are thinking on these matters or you can acknowledge that your assumptions are not well-informed and then, proceed to get yourself truly informed. I really don't mean to be insulting or superior in saying that.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:12 am
Monte Cargo wrote :
Quote:
...but fundamentalist Moslems are equal opportunity haters. They not only hate Jews, but they hate the Catholics too.

Really!!

Then how do you explain this

What makes you think that Jews can do no wrong ?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 03:10 pm
I believe some Jews have done plenty wrong, so have so called Christians, I KNOW radical muslims have killed in the name of allah. They say that muslims are directed to kill a person if they can't convert them (A reformed muslim told me that) I know of no Christian that kills in the name of Jesus, I have heard of people that call themselves Christians that kill for Jesus/Gods sake.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 08:30 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I know of no Christian that kills in the name of Jesus, I have heard of people that call themselves Christians that kill for Jesus/Gods sake.

Question
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:28 pm
Zippo wrote:
Monte Cargo wrote :
Quote:
...but fundamentalist Moslems are equal opportunity haters. They not only hate Jews, but they hate the Catholics too.

Really!!

Then how do you explain this

What makes you think that Jews can do no wrong ?

First, I'm not Jewish, so I don't have any particular need to defend Jews other than when I think they are on the right side of the argument (figuratively not politically).

I think it's gross what these orthodox Jewish students did to the Christian Armenian clerics. It seems that whether it's violent Columbia University School students staging violent demonstrations when the Minutemen Spokesman appeared or Orthodox Jewish Students spitting at Christians, it's uncivilized, immature and behavior that should be condemned. These students should be punished.

Better yet, these students ought to be placed on the front lines in Iraq to see that the people that are going to be saving their immature butts are more than likely going to be Christians.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:33 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Going back to Gulf War I again. Hmmm. Bush Sr. let saddam occupy Kuwait for a whole week without any concern as the parasphrase from Bush Administration "what Arabs do to Arabs is of no concern to us." Then when Bush realized his manhood was in question, lies about babies killed in an incubator to demonize Saddam were spread in the news.

Well, those Bushies are just always running down that good fellow, Saddam Hussein.

Quote:
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:46 pm
I was wondering if anyone is going to post on Carters comments about Iraq not being a civil war.

Quote:
The administration's position won some support from former President Jimmy Carter, who has devoted much of his energies in recent years to resolving conflicts around the world. "I think civil war is a serious -- a more serious circumstance than exists in Iraq," Carter said in a CNN interview.

HELLO HELLO HELLO!!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:49 pm
I think everyone involved in prosecuting these wars and slaughters... whether they call themselves jews or christians or muslims or whatever are **** on Gods shoes as I've stated before.

I suspect these idealistic and theologic differences will seem minor to them as they burn in hell together.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:50 pm
blatham wrote:
Quote:
blatham wrote:
monte

(monte responded) Not if you are referencing a single point or article, but when you use the entire Haaretz publication (and its website) as a weapon, claiming that other posters are ignorant and uninformed for not reading, you open the door to having the entire publication commented upon, which is just what I did.

It is fine to comment on the publication, but you've really just taken a single element from Wikipedia's commentary (it's a "left-leaning" publication) as a means to discount the publication and contents in toto or to perhaps justify not bothering to get familiar with it. The Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs...
Quote:
Ha'aretz, founded 1919, is Israel's oldest daily, enjoying prestige and a reputation for solid, high-level reporting. It is owned by the Shocken media conglomerate which also owns a publishing house and many local papers.

Yes, we've read some of the same information, Blatham.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

(monte responded) Note that the captioned quote was taken verbatim from the Wikipedia, not I. If this were an opinion from a Fox News editor or Ann Coulter, I could see your point, but the Wikipedia has never stood out to me as a conservatively biased organization. They have a feature whereby someone can dispute the Wikipedia, but any disputes are noted. I didn't recall seeing any disputes about Wikipedia's description of the Haaretz.

I didn't dispute the Wikipedia entry at all. I quoted Wikipedia's description of Ha'aretz's general editorial position on economic/governance matters...
Quote:
Which, of course, is a position which would be quite at home in a "right-leaning" publication in the US or Britain or Canada. And I pointed to the term "classical liberal" because that term (and what it actually means) will not be found in modern American rightwing media. Educated, historically accurate commentary on "liberalism" is almost completely absent from modern American rightwing media. How familiar, for example, do you think Lone Star Madam will be on John Stuart Mill and how his reasoning for "liberalism" on matters of free speech underpins that fundamental American value and American judicial precedent on the matter, including Scalia's position for example?

I object to your belittling LoneStarMadame with respect to John Stuart Mill. Although she might mind me disclosing this secret, I happen to know that LoneStarMadame is related to John Stuart Mills. He's LoneStar's third cousin, twice removed on her mother's side.

Realizing of course that our conversation is drifting so far away from Jimmy Carter that he can barely be seen on the horizon of this post, the use of the world liberalism, is, I concede, a term that can mean many different things, its meaning in historical American times meaning something quite different than its connotation and color today.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay, what the heck.

Quote:
Quote:
(monte responded) There are many Americans who criticize Bush for prosecuting the Iraq War strictly because it appears as Israel's battle that is being waged by the United States. Keeping in mind that Saddam's regime sponsored $25,000 bounties for families of suicide bombers to blow up innocent Israelis, Saddam called Israel "The Little Satan", launched Scud missles, threatened biological and germ warfare, I can hardly see a consensus building among self-respecting Israeli citizens to oppose our overthrowing that government.

Well, here's where you confront a choice...either you can continue assuming you know what is going on in Israeli society and what Israeli citizens are thinking on these matters or you can acknowledge that your assumptions are not well-informed and then, proceed to get yourself truly informed. I really don't mean to be insulting or superior in saying that.

I'm interested in what differing perceptions you have regarding Israel's thoughts on the matter, whether they came from the Haaretz, Jerusalem Post, New York Times or Washington Times.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 11:45 pm
candidone1 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I know of no Christian that kills in the name of Jesus, I have heard of people that call themselves Christians that kill for Jesus/Gods sake.

Question

having a problem with English?
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 12:46 am
Blatham, I'm getting to know this site (Haaretz) and I have to say that I find myself enjoying it. I've dug into the first three headline articles. From the English version of this site, there's a cache of information and the overall viewpoint I have gleaned from the articles does not support your contention that Israel is anti-American, anti-Bush, pro-Syria, pro-Hezbollah.

The first article: Huge Hezbollah rally calls for Lebanon gov't to quit
Second article: Annan: UNIFIL exposed 13 cases of illegal arms possession
Report: Russia ready to support softened sanctions against Iran
Fourth Article: UN human rights inquiry: Israel should compensate Lebanon

None of these articles reflected a sympathy for Palestinians and Arabs.

I particulary enjoyed reading the fourth article. The hypocrisy of the United Nations never ceases to amaze me. They want Israel to pay reparations to Lebanon. Let's forget that the U.N. has a resolution to prohibit Lebanon from allowing any milita to hold government position. That was chucked when Hezbollah took control of the Lebanese government.
0 Replies