Carter blames Israel for Mideast conflict

Zippo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 11:04 am
Carter blames Israel for Mideast conflict

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Former President Carter at 2004 Democratic convention

http://www.wnd.com/images2/jimmycarter2004.jpg

In some of the harshest and one-sided language he has used to date, former Democratic President Jimmy Carter called Israeli "domination" over Palestinians "atrocious" in an interview today on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Carter said there was "no doubt now that a minority of Israelis are perpetuating apartheid on the people in Palestine, the Palestinian people."

Carter called Israel's occupation the "prime cause" of continuing violence in the Middle East.

(Story continues)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 29,222 • Replies: 775
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 11:54 am
Wait for it....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:23 pm
You agree with Carter Freeduck?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:25 pm
I was just waiting for the Carter bash, that's all.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:29 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

Good avoidance of the question so I will ask again.

Do you agree with what Carter said Freeduck?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:31 pm
I wouldn't trust Worldnetdaily to give me the full story of what Carter said.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:33 pm
President Carter's memory is failing. He was the one who helped frame the Camp david accord. How did that ultimately work out?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:42 pm
McGentrix wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

Good avoidance of the question so I will ask again.

Do you agree with what Carter said Freeduck?

I'm not avoiding the question -- it's impossible to know whether I agree or disagree with him based on the information provided in the article. That little blip of an article was nothing but soundbites, so I had to do some other reading to know whether I agree with him.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/story?id=2680021&page=1

Based on what I've read, I generally agree with his take on the ME conflict.

Do you agree with him?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:16 pm
He was on Larry King last night. His basic position is that Israel is oppressing the Palestinians in its occupation of Palestinian land.

He's merely calling it the way it is.

He was pushing his new book, "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid." He said the title was meant to be provocative, to provoke a more critical discourse on the Israel/Palestine Conflict.transcript
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:42 pm
InfraBlue wrote:

He's merely calling it the way it is.

He was pushing his new book, "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid." He said the

Yep.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:47 pm
woiyo wrote:
President Carter's memory is failing. He was the one who helped frame the Camp david accord. How did that ultimately work out?

It worked out very well--it removed Egypt and Jordan as potential military threats to Israel. Since Camp David, the Israelis have never been obliged to fight the combined forces of Egypt, Jordan and Syria, and have only clashed with the Syrians in disputed territory. The Camp David Accords ended the era of concerted attacks on Israel by its neighbors.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:51 pm
woiyo wrote:
you cant remember woiyo?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:53 pm
Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:54 pm
jimmah needs to get over himself, he botched it as president & is now trying to make up for it & is still botching it.
He needs to keep on building homes & leave state matters to statesmen
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:59 pm
woiyo, last time I looked Egypt and Israel were still waging peace with each other. Carter's greatest achievement was Camp David.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:09 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
woiyo, last time I looked Egypt and Israel were still waging peace with each other. Carter's greatest achievement was Camp David.

cause we pay them to keep peace with each other. our $$$$$$$ stops, they go to war.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:34 pm
LoneStar, given Carter's success at Camp David Bushie would be wise to send him to the ME to help negotiate a solution between Palestine and Israel. To bad Bushie aint wise. Or is it that peace is not what the Bush family has ever been about? Trading with the Enemy has made them a fortune over several generations at least.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:27 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
LoneStar, given Carter's success at Camp David Bushie would be wise to send him to the ME to help negotiate a solution between Palestine and Israel. To bad Bushie aint wise. Or is it that peace is not what the Bush family has ever been about? Trading with the Enemy has made them a fortune over several generations at least.

You want jimmah to spend even more of our $$$$ to bribe with? Shocked
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:48 pm
Lonestar, bribery for peace aint a bad idea. Bushie is spending 9 billion a month to fight an unjust, unneeded war as Jimmy Carter called it. I'm all for bribing the Palestinians with aid rather than sitting by and allowing Israel to continue her atrocities. Tear down the Apartheid Wall and allow some fresh well water into Gaza. Israel needs another American supplied bunker buster bomb like they need another hole in the head. http://www.stopthewall.org/
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:06 pm
blueflame1 wrote:

Carter in totality, is just one peanut farming imbicle and easily the worst president by far to ever occupy the Whitehouse, bar none!

His Nobel Peace Prize was awarded for the ingenious act of trusting Kim Jung-Il not to use nuclear materials to create weapons. Asia and the United States now has Jimmy Carter to thank for North Korea's nuclear stockpile.

Let's not forget also, that it was Carter who gave away the Panama canal.

Carter is no better at social diplomacy than he is at participating in important foreign policy decision-making. Carter used Coretta Scott-King's funeral to make political points, insulting the current president who also was at the event.

If you doubt what I am writing, there has to be a reason why Carter lost to Ronald Reagan in one of history's largest landslides.

I'm not sure that anything Carter says anymore makes sense. Bill Clinton has a lot more on the ball than Jimmy Carter and attempted to broker a peace deal in the mideast. Israel offered unconditional withdrawal from Gaza and the West Bank and agreed to a complete cease fire. Arafat, who represented the PLO, got up and left the talks, laughing at Bill Clinton.

Carter just insulted the best friend in the mideast that we have and ignored a great deal of history so that he could profile for the anti-Semitic face of the United Nations.

What a loser.
0 Replies