Carter blames Israel for Mideast conflict

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:57 am
Advocate, What is your opinion about the last war between Israel and Lebanon? Were they justified to destroy Lebanon based on the kidnapping of two soldiers?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:06 am
See, now we're getting to the truth.

Quote:
Sometimes, one must retaliate to get revenge.

Advocate, before I tear into you, would you like to repudiate this statement? Or do you truly believe that Revenge is the reason for Israeli's violence against Palestine? And that justifies it?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:17 am
Please first answer my question. Do you believe that Israel should grant full right of "return" to original Pal residents and their heirs, even though this would ultimately destroy Israel?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:28 am
Advocate wrote: "....ultimately destroy Israel."

What proof do you have for this conclusion? Your imagination is based on fear - something used by Bushco in the US. Unfortunately, it works as a strategy and tactic - for some. The Palestinians are not the monsters you paint them to be. Your ignorance only shows a one-sided bias that is totally fiction.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:34 am
Advocate wrote:
Please first answer my question. Do you believe that Israel should grant full right of "return" to original Pal residents and their heirs, even though this would ultimately destroy Israel?

This isn't a question, it's a question and a prediction mixed together.

I believe Israel should grant the right of return, but I don't believe that it will destroy the country.

Now, answer mine - would you like to repudiate this statement? Or do you truly believe that Revenge is the reason for Israeli's violence against Palestine? And that justifies it?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:18 pm
Since anyone with half a brain knows that the full right-of-return will destroy Israel, I must assume that you desire the destruction of Israel.

I don't repudiate anything I said.

I remember a suicide attack about two years ago in which about 200 elderly women were murdered at a hotel. I think that revenge retaliation by Israel was certainly warranted following that incident. I am sure that you don't.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:25 pm
Revenge is never warranted, ever. It is never a justification for violence. If you bothered to listen to the religious teachings which supposedly underpin the Israeli nation, you would realize this.

Perhaps you can post a link to the '200 elderly women' getting murdered at a hotel, I can't find it.

Quote:

Since anyone with half a brain knows that the full right-of-return will destroy Israel, I must assume that you desire the destruction of Israel.

You don't provide any evidence for this position, just your assertions that what you say is categorically true. WHY would it mean the end of Israel?

It is laughable that you would say that 'anyone with half a brain' would recognize something. Are you claiming that you have half a brain? Those with both halves usually realize that extreme answers without supporting evidence are useless in a discussion such as this.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:25 pm
Advocate, By your reasoning, Lebanon now has the justification to kill innocent Jews in Israel to retaliate for the unjustified killing last summer of innocent Lebanese people - including many women and children.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:37 pm
As you must know, unless you are dense, Israel had been hammered by Hez for about 10 years, and finally retaliated against Lebanon harshly to put an end to the attacks. Indeed, the attacks have ended, at least for now.

Should the full right of return be granted, demographics would destroy the state of Israel.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:41 pm
Hez and innocent Lebanese are not related by any sense of the imagination - except for people like you.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:42 pm
Regarding the Passover massacre, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover_massacre

I was off on how many died. It has been years since I read about it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:54 pm
Quote:

Should the full right of return be granted, demographics would destroy the state of Israel.

Thanks for the link.

In what way would the Demographics destroy Israel? Is the existence of Israel dependent on maintaining a majority of Jewish citizens?

Explain what you believe would happen if Israel decided to live and work together with the Palestinians.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 04:53 pm
See if you can work it out, and then get back to me.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 05:42 pm
Advocate wrote:
See if you can work it out, and then get back to me.

Yeah, I already did that. I have a feeling that my impression of the results would be somewhat different than yours.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 05:45 pm

sounds like Brandon's kind of math
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 07:49 pm
eBeth, I expected your type of reply. All were targeted and all, to some extent, were injured. This is what counts.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:03 pm
Israel moves wall 5km east - into Palestine

This is for those who naively imagine that israelis want peace... The only 'peace' israelis want is A Piece of (someone else's) Land.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/819633.html

http://www.haaretz.com/hasite/images/iht_daily/D310107/280fence1TA.jpg
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:06 pm
Good fences make for good neighbors.

Remember, had the Pals recognized Israel and negotiated peace, there would be no fence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:06 pm
Advocate wrote: All were targeted and all, to some extent, were injured. This is what counts.

It's really amusing to see Advocate see this issue only from the Israeli side. He doesn't see all the innocent Palestinians, including many children, killed by the IDF, but wants us to notice the innnocent Jews killed. Numbers seem to matter only when Jews are killed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:49 pm
Advocate wrote:
All were targeted and all, to some extent, were injured. This is what counts.

That's worth remembering.

~~~~~~

Now all we need to do is apply it to all sides of war/attack/battle/invasion situations.
0 Replies