Carter blames Israel for Mideast conflict

Monte Cargo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:08 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Lonestar, bribery for peace aint a bad idea. Bushie is spending 9 billion a month to fight an unjust, unneeded war as Jimmy Carter called it. I'm all for bribing the Palestinians with aid rather than sitting by and allowing Israel to continue her atrocities. Tear down the Apartheid Wall and allow some fresh well water into Gaza. Israel needs another American supplied bunker buster bomb like they need another hole in the head. http://www.stopthewall.org/

My question is who cares what Jimmy Carter says?

Thanks for the impartial and credible website reference. Rolling Eyes

I'm surprised that Carter doesn't suggest that we just pick up all the Palestinians and move them to California. The PLO isn't getting any American greenbacks because they chose Hammas, who are known thugs and terrorists, to represent them. But leave it to Carter, he's out there suggesting we pay them while they shoot at us.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:04 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Lonestar, bribery for peace aint a bad idea. Bushie is spending 9 billion a month to fight an unjust, unneeded war as Jimmy Carter called it. I'm all for bribing the Palestinians with aid rather than sitting by and allowing Israel to continue her atrocities. Tear down the Apartheid Wall and allow some fresh well water into Gaza. Israel needs another American supplied bunker buster bomb like they need another hole in the head. http://www.stopthewall.org/

Well, I'm all for sending jimmah to the ME, hopefully he could grow peanuts there & stay....for the rest of his life. I'm sure allah would have OBL welcome him to the fold.
If the Palestinnians truly want their homeland they'll all go back to Jordan, that is their original homeland. Isn't it strange that nobody wants them? Not many pro-Americans care much for jimmah either.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:07 am
Monte Cargo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

My question is who cares what Jimmy Carter says?

Thanks for the impartial and credible website reference. Rolling Eyes

I'm surprised that Carter doesn't suggest that we just pick up all the Palestinians and move them to California. The PLO isn't getting any American greenbacks because they chose Hammas, who are known thugs and terrorists, to represent them. But leave it to Carter, he's out there suggesting we pay them while they shoot at us.

I remember when he wasn't even invited to a Dem national convention, a former president snubbed by his own party, imagine that. But once jimmah turned his back on the US & Israel, he is welcomed with open arms back into the fold. Ahhh, homecomings are great, aren't they.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 07:21 am
I saw Carter last night on three different appearances, PBS, CNN and NBC (I think it was).

Carter's analysis of the centrality of the Palestine/Israeli issue to Muslim anger and to peace in the middle east is, of course, Tony Blair's position as well. It is also the position of many American analysts and officials with experience in that section of the world. It is also the position of the majority of Israeli citizens, by consistent poll.

But it will be the case that LSM and, I'd guess MC as well, have never read Israeli publications, including Ha'aretz, Israel's leading newspaper (you can read today's issue HERE. They won't have read Israel's great reporters/writers such as Ari Shavit. They won't have much of an inkling, if any at all, of the size of the peace movement within Israeli society, of Israeli court decisions on treatment of prisoners, the illegal occupation of Palestinian lands, etc. They are likely quite unaware of how many UN resolutions Israel stands in violation of, offering up similar legal grounds for those forwarded to invade Iraq.

Until they get themselves educated on these matters (and I expect that won't happen) I don't know what use arguing with them might be.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:14 am
I'm sure there are Israeli sell outs in Israel as there are sell outs against the US amongst our population. Israel has it's Ramsey Clarks too.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:54 am
Jimmy doing Tai Chi.

http://www.visittex.com/images/headup.jpg
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:06 am
Well, we had to wait a little longer than I expected, but it came nonetheless.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:08 am
Carter's a complete embarassment to the USA. Even the Dem's dissed him until he sided with the terrorists. What a jerk.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:15 am
It would be nice if you, or anyone, could just dispute what he's saying rather than bashing him for having the nerve to believe in peace and negotiation. Carter has made plenty of mistakes as president and otherwise, I'm sure, but he's mostly right about the ME conflict. Saying that he "sides with the terrorists" or is "the face of the anti-semitic UN" (please show how the UN is anti-semitic) is just useless verbal vomit. Expected verbal vomit, but verbal vomit nonetheless.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:46 am
Quote:
Tony Blair made an open plea yesterday to George Bush to recognise that a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict lies at the core of any hopes for wider peace in the Middle East, including Iraq.
The Guardian, Nov 14.

Quote:
VATICAN CITY (Catholic Online) - Peace is possible in the Holy Land, but requires the immediate end of the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza Strip and beginning of significant negotiations aimed at comprehensive settlement, the global Catholic relief and development network said.
http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=22147

Quote:
Peace Now on Tuesday submitted a complaint to Attorney-General Menahem Mazuz accusing the government of conducting a "systematic and institutional land grab" in the West Bank by building most of the settlements on land owned in part by individual Palestinians.

The complaint followed publication of a report by Peace Now entitled "Breaking the Law in the West Bank," in which the organization charged that about 40 percent of the land occupied de facto by the settlements was privately-owned Palestinian land.

"We demand that you begin an investigation whose aim would be to discover which elements were responsible in the past and which elements are responsible today for this criminal conduct, which undermines and mocks the rule of law in Israel," wrote the Peace Now officials who published the report, Dror Etkes and Hagit Ephron.

Meanwhile, the government, in an apparent indication that it was taking the Peace Now report seriously and not dismissing its conclusions out of hand, began to put together an inter-ministerial committee to study the findings.
Jerusalem Post, Nov 21
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:47 am
Quote:
Tony Blair made an open plea yesterday to George Bush to recognise that a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict lies at the core of any hopes for wider peace in the Middle East, including Iraq.
The Guardian, Nov 14.

Quote:
VATICAN CITY (Catholic Online) - Peace is possible in the Holy Land, but requires the immediate end of the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza Strip and beginning of significant negotiations aimed at comprehensive settlement, the global Catholic relief and development network said.
http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=22147

Quote:
Peace Now on Tuesday submitted a complaint to Attorney-General Menahem Mazuz accusing the government of conducting a "systematic and institutional land grab" in the West Bank by building most of the settlements on land owned in part by individual Palestinians.

The complaint followed publication of a report by Peace Now entitled "Breaking the Law in the West Bank," in which the organization charged that about 40 percent of the land occupied de facto by the settlements was privately-owned Palestinian land.

"We demand that you begin an investigation whose aim would be to discover which elements were responsible in the past and which elements are responsible today for this criminal conduct, which undermines and mocks the rule of law in Israel," wrote the Peace Now officials who published the report, Dror Etkes and Hagit Ephron.

Meanwhile, the government, in an apparent indication that it was taking the Peace Now report seriously and not dismissing its conclusions out of hand, began to put together an inter-ministerial committee to study the findings.
Jerusalem Post, Nov 21
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:02 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Carter's a complete embarassment to the USA. Even the Dem's dissed him until he sided with the terrorists. What a jerk.

Why would you think the "dems" have dissed Carter until he sided with "terrorist?" I am a "dem" and I have always liked Carter. I admire his humanitarian work in habitat for humanity and other such good work and most of all his views regarding peace in the middle east and the like. I read his latest book and agreed with most of it. If anyone is an absolute embarrassment it is George Bush and his bumbling administration. IMO; you of course free to have your own.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:11 pm
Let's see. Carter: 20% inflation, Americans held hostage in Iran, record unemployment, stock market in the crapper, he goes and builds a cheap house.

Bush: Stock market at or near all time highs, inflation in check, low unemployment, Iran and Iraq in the crosshairs... he gives the poor the biggest break on medicine they'll ever get in their lifetimes, and they still vote for dumbo-crats.

I just don't see how you can hold your views, except, that perhaps that you have some horribly warped sense of reality, as do the elected Democrats, led by Pelosi.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:23 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Bush: Stock market at or near all time highs, inflation in check, low unemployment, Iran and Iraq in the crosshairs... he gives the poor the biggest break on medicine they'll ever get in their lifetimes, and they still vote for dumbo-crats.

You could back this all up for us because I call BS.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:24 pm
Really? You must watch CNN too.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:29 pm
http://www.presidentreagan.info/inflation.cfm
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:44 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Let's see. Carter: 20% inflation, Americans held hostage in Iran, record unemployment, stock market in the crapper, he goes and builds a cheap house.

I just don't see how you can hold your views, except, that perhaps that you have some horribly warped sense of reality, as do the elected Democrats, led by Pelosi.

Wow.. This is one of those find the factual errors in my statement games isn't it?

I can find at least 3. Am I supposed to find 7?

1. Highest annual inflation rate for Carter was in March of 1980 - 14.76%

2. Carter unemployment rate 7.1 % in '77 and '80. Unemployment rate in /76 - 8.5% in 82 - 9.7%

3. Dow Jan -77 953 Dow Jan 81 - 948 (Almost near its high)
Nasdaq Jan '77 -95 Nasdaq Jan '81 197 (more than doubled, near its high.)
S&P 500 Jan '77 - 100 S&P Jan '81 130 (Up and near its high)
Is the market "in the crapper" if it is near its all time high from 3 months before?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 12:58 pm

Oh, good. I did find the first error.

Let me know if I am correct on the other 2 so far.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:22 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Jimmy doing Tai Chi.

http://www.visittex.com/images/headup.jpg

LOL Laughing
oh mah gooness gwacious, jimmah ,n'rosalind, wood jest sooo so mortified. :wink:
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:22 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Well, we had to wait a little longer than I expected, but it came nonetheless.

Wouldn't want to disappoint you now. ah aim to pleeze.
0 Replies