Citizen Border Patrols and the Law

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:43 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Your posts display a loose grasp of facts.

LULAC is a group founded and run by American citizens, not by immigrants. They have the same right that you do to express their opinion... in fact they are equal under the law to you in every way.

Fortunately, at least this time around, they were a bit better then you at winning elections.

Ah, can't help but make it personal, eh? I am disappointed.
I did not say that LULAC doesn't have the right, nor did i say that they were illegal. I said that they, as some other anti-US people do, want to take the southwest back.
This all boils down to politics? Then you must be overjoyed that GW Bush is the president, he's done diddly squat to get this problem stopped, in fact, offering them amnesty is a sure fire guarantee that they'll keep coming. So you & other like minded folks should do everything you can to assure that GW & his buddies stay in the WH.
What about the national security aspect of the open borders? Have you given that any thought, any at all.
While I'm at it, the Confederates did not want to leave this country, they wanted their Constitutional rights, & i sure as hell hope you haven't bought into the revisionest history that it was all for the slaves.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:50 pm
Quote:

I said that they, as some other anti-US people do, want to take the southwest back.

Come on Madam, you don't really buy this nonsense, do you?

Half of the stuff you are saying is exagerrated, and the facts can show this (like the number of Emergency rooms that are closing, and the number of people who were murdered by the unarmed Mexican army during Katrina relief effort). The rest are outright lies-- like that LULAC is a proponent of "taking the southwest back". They are American citizens damn it, just like you are.

The extreme right makes this stuff up. It's nothing more than propaganda.

It would be funny if gullible people didn't swallow it up to the point of being dangerous.

The fact that now people who buy the rhetoric of "invasion" are attacking American citizens and immigrants alike based only on their appearance is very sad indeed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 07:03 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

I said that they, as some other anti-US people do, want to take the southwest back.

Half of the stuff you are saying is exagerrated, and the facts can show this (like the number of Emergency rooms that are closing, and the number of people who were murdered by the unarmed Mexican army during Katrina relief effort). The rest are outright lies-- like that LULAC is a proponent of "taking the southwest back". They are American citizens damn it, just like you are.

It would be funny if gullible people didn't swallow it up to the point of being dangerous.

The fact that now people who buy the rhetoric of "invasion" are attacking American citizens and immigrants alike based only on their appearance is very sad indeed.

I've been following this all day. I agree with what you've been saying, ebrown, but, I don't believe any amount of reasoning can touch the ones wildly against the illegals. Much like the madam, they have stock answers to reel off as fast as you state each opinion, and no thinking is required.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 07:07 pm
I am amazed Madam that you actually think that the Confederates didn't secede from the United States. That's revisionist history if I have ever heard it.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 07:21 pm
ebrown_p, Of course i believe it because it's true, fer gawds sake alll you have to do is read about these groups & their agenda. As for the ERs, it is not an exxageration, another bit of news, or fact, you apparently have missed. Where are you, Boston? Stay tuned, an influx is near, & then you can talk about this problem with more knowledge than what you seem to have about it now.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 07:22 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

I've been following this all day. I agree with what you've been saying, ebrown, but, I don't believe any amount of reasoning can touch the ones wildly against the illegals. Much like the madam, they have stock answers to reel off as fast as you state each opinion, and no thinking is required.

Stock answers? Can you argue any point I've made?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 07:27 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I am amazed Madam that you actually think that the Confederates didn't secede from the United States. That's revisionist history if I have ever heard it.

Come on, surely you know better than that.
They did not secede, they wanted to, Lincoln wouldn't allow it. He needed their cotten & tax revenue, he didn't give a damn about the slaves nor the southerners. My grandmothers trunk still has letters in it from her father that was in Shermans March to the Sea, I know about that history first hand, what do you have for guidance?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:17 am
Curiouser and curiouser. I expect the White Rabbit to show up any moment now.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:10 am
A suggestion, guys. LSM is pulliing your chain because that's just about the only tool she has as her disposal. I think you ought to force her into some minimal level of scholarship or ignore her.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:57 am
blatham wrote:
A suggestion, guys. LSM is pulliing your chain because that's just about the only tool she has as her disposal. I think you ought to force her into some minimal level of scholarship or ignore her.

My replies have lately been addressed to no person in particular, except a time or two to ebrown.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:22 am
edgar

Sorry for generalized statement. Wasn't sure how else to remind folks that dittoheads have to drag everyone down to their level of logical fallacies, unwarranted assertions, citationless claims and pervasive lack of education.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:54 am
No prob, blatham. I started the thread for discussion, not brawling. If it weren't for you and ebrown, I would stop visiting my own thread.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:33 am
blatham wrote:

I think you ought to debate the topic rather than try to make this thread about me.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 08:39 am
edgarblythe wrote:
No prob, blatham. I started the thread for discussion, not brawling. If it weren't for you and ebrown, I would stop visiting my own thread.

What kind of debate would it be if only people that you agree with post?
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:35 am
Another article offered for debate; the first few paragraphs quoted below:

Protesters decry illegal immigration

Daily News
CHARLES F. BOSTWICK, Staff Writer
Nov. 25, 2006

---snip---

Quote:
PALMDALE - More than 50 people carrying American flags and signs that read "Stop illegal immigration" demonstrated Saturday at an intersection where a young Palmdale man was fatally injured in a crash blamed on an unlicensed, uninsured undocumented immigrant who tried to walk away after the collision.

The protesters said local government officials should do more to deter illegal immigration, including turning over to federal authorities undocumented immigrants who have been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and similar crimes rather than releasing them to await trial.

-------

This is the same sort of situation that I described before, and I'm curious to see what solutions are offered to this problem. Amnesty? ID cards? What will prevent this from happening and how can we deal with these incidents?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:22 am
What we do not need is amnesty under any circumstances. People who enter this nation illegally should not be rewarded. What we do need to identify these people is national ID cards and swift deportation of those found to be in the US illegally. In addition penalties for those who aid and abet illegals by supplying housing and employing them. Anything less will be scratching at the surface and be ineffectual
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:32 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
Has she come back yet, blacksmith, or is she a die-hard until closing time?
----

On topic, I just have about enough of these self imposed pilars of society,
who take the law in their own hands and go after everything that looks
remotely like a Mexican, hunt them down like animals and disregard
any human right there is.

It is the government that needs to stop illegal immigration in this country, not the average Joe Blow-away or every gun-trigger-happy idiot who calls himself Minuteman Evil or Very Mad

& when was the last time YOUR property or you, your family were confronted by an illegal immigrant wanting to take YOUR property or do you/your family harm?
The gov't isn't stopping it, do you listen to or read the news?

This is, of course, hysterical horseshit. The hunters confronted by this clown Barnett were Americans, not illegal immigrants. They were on BLM land leased by Barnett, not property owned by Barnett. There isn't the least foundation for your claim that anyone was attempting to take anything from Barnett, who, in any event, didn't own the land. He threatened these citizens with his assault rifle, he was not threatened by them.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:37 am
Dammit Setanta, its just hitting below the belt to provide substantive information. How do you expect LSM to participate in a debate when you keep cluttering up things with facts?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:32 am
Facts seem to be a stumbling block for a lot of politically motivated folks--but we shouldn't wonder, their political idols don't deal in facts, either.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:15 am
au1929 wrote:
What we do not need is amnesty under any circumstances. People who enter this nation illegally should not be rewarded. What we do need to identify these people is national ID cards and swift deportation of those found to be in the US illegally. In addition penalties for those who aid and abet illegals by supplying housing and employing them. Anything less will be scratching at the surface and be ineffectual

Fortunately Au, that point of view puts you in the extreme fringe minority.

What we need is a compromise position that Americans can agree on enough to make it through the political system-- views like yours just lead to stalemate (since more than half of us couldn't stomach your policy).

Sorry Au, but that's the price you pay for living in a democracy.
0 Replies