Citizen Border Patrols and the Law

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:18 pm
Is today community service day? Laughing

Lonestar, I fail to see the threat illegal immigrants impose, nor do I see the
motivation behind it, hunting them down like animals. This doesn't
make you any better than the illegals - despite your american passport, and
in the eyes of human rights activists, you're just plain despicable.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:19 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I fail to see how picking our lettuce and taking care of our kids can be considered an invasion. When we invaded Iraq, we did quite a bit more than clean toilets or serve hamburgers.

Incidently Oliver North was part of a scheme to send weapons illegally to a foreign country. To me this is more aptly called an invasion. Invasions generally involve blowing things up. Invasions also have never historically benefitted the economy of the country being invaded. I may agree that the 9/11 terrorists could be considered invaders, but people who come to work and are, with Americans help, are participating in the American economy are far from invaders.

I have a hard time seeing Cristina and her mother, who works cleaning houses while putting her through school as "invaders". Cristina is graduating with good grades, speaks impeccable English and wants to go to college. They are decent people who work hard and have become part of our community and of American society. The word "invader" seems very insulting.

For that matter, I question your use of the phrase "civil rights". Just whose civil rights did Bill Clinton violate? If you are talking about Monica, she is an adult and a willing participant. You have the right to do sexual favors for the president if you wish (and he agrees).

I see a pattern here of misusing terms. Is English your first language Madam?

A straw man, picking our lettuce & taking care of our children, & even if that's all they did, does that make it ok for millions of lawbreakers to be walking the streets?
He villated Paula Jones civil rights, & before you ask for proof, look it up, it's documented.
I asked about ON, you answered.
I don't have a problem with Christina & her mother cleaning houses either. so long as they have a leagal right to do so. If they're illegal aliens, they do not have the right.
Is English your first language, Madam?
Starting with your juvenile crap again, sonny?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:22 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Is today community service day? Laughing

Lonestar, I fail to see the threat illegal immigrants impose, nor do I see the
motivation behind it, hunting them down like animals. This doesn't
make you any better than the illegals - despite your american passport, and
in the eyes of human rights activists, you're just plain despicable.

They are breaking our immigration laws, what is so hard for you to understand about that? I do not hunnt anybody down like animals, but I'll promise you this, if anybody comes on my property & threatens harm to me or mine, I'll damn sure shoot them.
In the eyes of an a lawful American citizen, you're just plain loony.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:22 pm
I was only questioning your use of the word "invader". Illegally lettuce picking, although by definition it is illegal, does not constitute an invasion.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:25 pm
If any crazy border patrol vigilante points a gun at me is the desert and tells me to go with him to his ranch-- I think I have the right to Shoot them.

It really angers me that these border patrol vigilantes insist on flying their Flag (which is not the American flag) in my country.

Sometimes I regret the fact that I am a pacifist.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:27 pm
Lonestar, if you consider yourself to be the sane one,
I am happy to be in the loony camp.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:43 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I was only questioning your use of the word "invader". Illegally lettuce picking, although by definition it is illegal, does not constitute an invasion.

How many people have to cross our borders illegally before you'd consider it an invasion? One definition of invasion is an intrusion, an encroachment
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:44 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Lonestar, if you consider yourself to be the sane one,
I am happy to be in the loony camp.

You should be deleriously happy.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:45 pm
Oh, I am, I certainly am!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:46 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
If any crazy border patrol vigilante points a gun at me is the desert and tells me to go with him to his ranch-- I think I have the right to Shoot them.

It really angers me that these border patrol vigilantes insist on flying their Flag (which is not the American flag) in my country.

Sometimes I regret the fact that I am a pacifist.

Then are upset that the invaders marches fly more Mexican flags than they do American flags?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:48 pm
CJ-You can't seem to control your hormones when you post to me or about me, you want to play in the mud, I can sure oblige you, you want to post with some semblence of thought, i can do that too. It's your call, but don't for a second believe that you are some big bad somethin that scares me.
I've had another thought, I believe that as walter, you're starved for attention & just keep on keepin on with the trashing of some posters until we/they answer you. Fron mow on, unless you & your side kick Walter post with some sort of mindful matter, you will be ignored by me. You'll have to get your attention from somebody else. Ta Ta
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:52 pm
I am more upset by the anti-("illegal")-immigrant protesters flying confederate flags.

I took my kids to the immigrants rights marches this spring. Most of the immigrants (both legal and illegal) as well as the American citizens who came out to support them (and there were many of us) had American flags. This only made sense because the immigrants marching wanted to become American citizens, and the Americans marching were marching to support the compassion, freedom and diversity that make America great.

The counter protesters had prominant Confederate flags-- and this was in Boston no less.

Even I was a little taken aback by that.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:55 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I am more upset by the anti-("illegal")-immigrant protesters flying confederate flags.

I took my kids to the immigrants rights marches this spring. All of the immigrants (both legal and illegal) as well as the American citizens who came out to support them (and there were many of us) had American flags. This only made sense because the immigrants marching wanted to become American citizens, and the Americans marching were marching to support the compassion, freedom and diversity that make America great.

The counter protesters had prominant Confederate flags-- and this was is Boston no less.

Even I was a little taken aback by that.

Thos Confederate Flags have a US history behind them, many Americans fought & died under that flag, agree or disagree with it, they were Americans fighting for States Rights.
I lived in a country that the American flag could not be flown in, maybe I'm more sensitive to the worth & glory in our American flag, maybe if you ever lost it, you'd think differently about a bunch of invaders flying a foreign flag here.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:06 pm
The people who flew the Confederate flag didn't want to be a part of the United States. To them the American flag was the flag of the enemy.

Had they won, the Confederate flag would have been a foreign flag, and perhaps I would be arguing with people who wanted to build a wall along the Mason Dixon line to keep out illegals.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:25 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
The people who flew the Confederate flag didn't want to be a part of the United States. To them the American flag was the flag of the enemy.

Had they won, the Confederate flag would have been a foreign flag, and perhaps I would be arguing with people who wanted to build a wall along the Mason Dixon line to keep out illegals.

You're right, there are Americans that do view the American flag as the imposter. However, how is that any different from the invaders flying, &/or paying allegiece to the Mexican flag?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:28 pm
One difference is that the Immigrants you call "invaders" really want to be Americans. The immigrant rights movement is about gaining a path to citizenship.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:31 pm
Let me state this very clearly.

The Confederates wanted to leave America. The Immigrants want to join America.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:42 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
One difference is that the Immigrants you call "invaders" really want to be Americans. The immigrant rights movement is about gaining a path to citizenship.

If they want to be Americans, why don't they assimilate? I don't belive they want to live in the US, they want to take the US.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:54 pm
They DO assimilate!

Immigrants desparately want to become Americans. That's what they are working so hard for.

Most Immigrants want to assimilate, and when given the chance they do assimilate-- as immigrants always have.

One of the issues in my state right now is in-state tuition. There are hundreds of kids who have grown up in the US. Most of these kids are American in every way-- except that they don't have papers. By this I mean that you couldn't tell they were immigrants. I know several of these kids.

These kids love America. The US is their home and they don't want to go anywhere else.

Immigrant parents encourage this. Many of them are more dedicated to giving their kids an education and insisting their kids become productive successful parts of American society then many of us. They want to learn English, they want to work hard, they want to vote.

If you show me an immigrant who doesn't want to be a part of American society than I will agree with you, they shouldn't be here. I don't have a problem with asking immigrants to learn English, or expecting them to work hard. Neither of these is a very big problem as most immigrants (legal and illegal) are motivated and hard-working.

But immigrants who desparately want to be here, who are working hard, who are learning English, who are contributing to our economy, who are building lives and becoming parts of our community-- they should be given the opportunity to earn citizenship.

Let's let them assimilate.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:04 pm
It's a whole different world in & around the borders ep_brown. at least here in Texas it is. There isn't assimilation, there's LULAC & other Mexican groups that tell us that the Southwest belongs to them. We had 25.000 of the Katrina victims in San Antonio, the Mexican army came to Kelly Field to help with the victims, I could tell you stories but I doubt you'd believe them. Plus, between katrina & the invaders our murder rate alone has gone up 41% in less than a year. M13 is very active as well. Some MIGHT want to assimilate, most here do not.
0 Replies