O.J. tells how he did it.

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 11:58 am
CalamityJane wrote:
eoe, could it be that your bias towards OJ based on his color?

And could it be that your bias towards OJ is based on his color?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:03 pm
and in point of fact if this had been OJ Simpson who worked at the corner conveience store anyone who even heard about it outside of family and friends would have shrugged their shoulders and said "Some nigger killed his white coke whore and her boyfriend. So what?" No offense meant to anyone here with that statement, except of course to the millions who pretend to be outraged and interested about the whole thing merely because it involved a celebrity.

The whole business makes me sick. I didn't really follow the trial closely. don't people have anything better to do?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:51 pm
If he was an average black shmoe the trial would have lasted a few days and he would have been found guilty. No doubt about it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:31 pm
eoe wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
eoe, could it be that your bias towards OJ based on his color?

And could it be that your bias towards OJ is based on his color?

Not at all, eoe!! Being foreign born and an immigrant to this country,
I have no bias towards any color or race. Like sozobe said before:
Who else would kill Nicole and Ron Goldman so viciously? There was
no robbery involved. Both were ambushed by someone waiting for
them and it was OJ. He was found guilty in a civil trial, let's not forget
that either.

Aside from that, being so tasteless, bold and money hungry to write a book about the "If I were the murder" subject, tells all about his character.

If Nicole had divorced him, she would have gotten half of his estate and
a substantial amount for child support. OJ never would have allowed that,
he rather killed her. It was unfortunate that Ron Goldman got caught
in this rage as well.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and in point of fact if this had been OJ Simpson who worked at the corner conveience store anyone who even heard about it outside of family and friends would have shrugged their shoulders and said "Some nigger killed his white coke whore and her boyfriend. So what?" No offense meant to anyone here with that statement, except of course to the millions who pretend to be outraged and interested about the whole thing merely because it involved a celebrity.

The whole business makes me sick. I didn't really follow the trial closely. don't people have anything better to do?

No. You can't change the people and circumstances and make a comparison. It WASN'T a convenience store clerk; it was a legend, a roll model, a well known celebrity. It WASN'T his white coke whore; it was the mother of his children. It WASN'T just her boyfriend; it was someone's son. Thus the interest.
But it was a horribly gruesome butchering that would have gotten media attention no matter where it happened.
Had it not been OJ it may not have been on tv, but it would have made news.....no matter whose hometown it happened in.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:40 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Being foreign born and an immigrant to this country,
I have no bias towards any color or race.

off subject here, but a you saying the reason you have no bias is the fact you are foreign born and an immigrant?

The rest of the world must be a beautiful place.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:09 pm
Chai Tea - I took Calamity Jane's comment to mean that those not born in this country don't see things as black and white as we Americans do.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:56 pm
We already know how did killed them. He knows he killed them but doesn't really, solidly, remember - he was bombed out on drugs. So, now he remembers?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:33 pm
Thank you, happycat, that's exactly what I meant.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 02:37 am
I'm talking from a big, big, distance here, but what was so fascinating was the police chasing OJ along the highway for so long when the story broke (a white van, wasn't it?).

I just couldn't believe he would do such a thing - but I am the first to admit I was identifying him with his Naked Gun character. Detective Nordberg wouldn't commit murder in a million years!! Shocked
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:10 am
lezzles wrote:
I'm talking from a big, big, distance here, but what was so fascinating was the police chasing OJ along the highway for so long when the story broke (a white van, wasn't it?).

I just couldn't believe he would do such a thing - but I am the first to admit I was identifying him with his Naked Gun character. Detective Nordberg wouldn't commit murder in a million years!! Shocked

lezzles - I think it was Nordberg's last trip down the stadium steps in the wheelchair that did it; it knocked those last few marbles loose. :wink:

It was the infamous white Bronco - and the police chased him for so long because it would've made the LAPD look bad if they let him blow his brains out on national tv.

I think the LAPD probably has a more difficult time doing their job than other police agencies because they have so many factions to deal with in instances like this; a high profile case, celebrity/money/power status of the people involved, and all the entourage and public relations
associated with that person, not to mention the gaggle of powerful lawyers. It's not your average police/detective job.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:10 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Thank you, happycat, that's exactly what I meant.

Still boils down to another cheap shot at americans and preceived superiority of people born elsewhere.

Making blanket statements about people because of their country is about as black and white as you can get.

It really makes me wonder why anyone bothers to move to America, I mean, we're all so black and white, sexually repressed, ignorant, obese and in all other ways inferior it's a wonder any of us manage to make it through the entire day.

I'm sure if OJ had lived in another more civilised land, all this would have been handled in an entirely different way, and everyone would have been satisfied with the results.

If you don't want people thinking you're superior to everyone that didn't have the good sense to be born elsewhere cj, stop making drive-by comments about how much better it is somewhere else. I've had the severe disadvantage of not having lived in a better country, but I have had the poor second place of having lived all over this repressed land.

When I moved to a new region, I had the grace to not tell the people I was now living with how much better it was in another area a thousand miles away. To put it in a vulgar american way, you don't **** where you eat. If I insisted on calling to their attention on a regular basis how superior another way of life was, I wouldn't have blamed them one bit if they had asked me why I bothered to lower myself to live with them.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:23 am
happycat wrote:
lezzles wrote:

lezzles - I think it was Nordberg's last trip down the stadium steps in the wheelchair that did it; it knocked those last few marbles loose. :wink:

It was the infamous white Bronco - and the police chased him for so long because it would've made the LAPD look bad if they let him blow his brains out on national tv.

I think the LAPD probably has a more difficult time doing their job than other police agencies because they have so many factions to deal with in instances like this; a high profile case, celebrity/money/power status of the people involved, and all the entourage and public relations
associated with that person, not to mention the gaggle of powerful lawyers. It's not your average police/detective job.

That certainly was some weird surreal event.

I hadn't the faintest idea who OJ was when I saw re runs of that on the news....but it had the feel of an event dreamed up by some script writer.....it felt so shocking, too, that something involving such real horror was treated as a media circus.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:27 am
Wow, I guess I'll have to go back and read Jane's past postings to see if she really feels so superior to us Amercan born peons.....or if Chai is a bit too sensitive. :wink:

I am as proud to be American born as you Chai, but you must admit that we Americans haven't even come close to getting it right yet. Skin color is a major source of discourse in this country and the whole world knows it. We may have the religious freedoms (and a lot of other perks) but we are severely lacking in the tolerance dept.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:49 am
happycat wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

No. You can't change the people and circumstances and make a comparison. It WASN'T a convenience store clerk; it was a legend, a roll model, a well known celebrity. It WASN'T his white coke whore; it was the mother of his children. It WASN'T just her boyfriend; it was someone's son. Thus the interest.
But it was a horribly gruesome butchering that would have gotten media attention no matter where it happened.
Had it not been OJ it may not have been on tv, but it would have made news.....no matter whose hometown it happened in.

No point in this but here goes... the point of my post that their celebrity is the only thing that made it of any import to the ignorant American Idol watching public who pick the bones of tragedies like crows and jackals if it's a celebrity. Why not just all get together and lance a few boils?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:54 am
Bi-Polar Bear - it's called Human Nature. We can't help but be curious about others, especially if they are more famous, have more money and take a big fall.
It's also a major money making opportunity for the media.

What disgusts us also fuels us.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 07:11 am
There were some conflicting areas of evidence that we seem to forget.

1The sock with Nicole's blood was probably a plant. The blood soaked from one side of the sock ankle to the other. This could not have happened that way if OJ's foot was in the sock. Forensics showed that the sock was laid down and then some blood was poured on it. (Where did they get the blood)

The blood in the van was obviously splattered by an inept person because it indicated a trajectory from a source. Sort of like a priest flinging "holy water"

Besides OJ trying on the leather glove, the Corchoran team had traces of his hand and the glove. It was clearly too small and not a fit. It really wsnt his glove. Remember, that was a piece of evidence that was presented as a "final show" had it been brought up in a normal context there wouldnt have been any confusion. It would have meant perhaps that OJ merely got a pair of too small glove and , with a plastic butchers glove on underneath, the leather glove could have slipped over it easily enough.
However, it was an end game ploy by Corchoran, it merely added to the pile of controveresy about the validity of all the cops evidence, and it worked.

Probably about 75% of the evidence was good and solid and the other 25% was either planted or messed up deliberately.
The name of the game in the US is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt", which implies a unanimous decision. The jury mostly "believed " that he was guilty but they had these pieces of evidence that seemed to be planted in order to expidite the decision.A few of them said that they had to deal with this issue of "reasonable doubt". It was an issue that the defense team exploited quite well. OJ wasnt found innocent, he was not guilty by reasonable doubt. The indictment was on the cops.

The fact that we showed this almost gavel to gavel was a bit excessive but I think it helped people all over the world understand how our justice system works, warts and all.

.Ifeel sorry that OJ got off, but even if you could separate the "bad" evidence from the "good" you are still left with a possibility that some other evidence was also tainted ,so the jury sent a message to the Prosecutors that their entire batch of evidence couldnt be trusted
In the civil case the rule is "the preponderence of evidence " The jury decision is by a majority rule, not unanimity.

This case is now textbook for forensics and especially in the areas of " evidence tampering", "Chain of Custody", and "spatter patterns"
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:13 am
farmerman - great post
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:18 am
happycat wrote:
Wow, I guess I'll have to go back and read Jane's past postings to see if she really feels so superior to us Amercan born peons.....or if Chai is a bit too sensitive. :wink:

I am as proud to be American born as you Chai, but you must admit that we Americans haven't even come close to getting it right yet. Skin color is a major source of discourse in this country and the whole world knows it. We may have the religious freedoms (and a lot of other perks) but we are severely lacking in the tolerance dept.

at this time happycat, you have about 30 posts here, this is not an isolated incident. If you take the time to read a few hundred threads, and not base your thinking on what was posted immediately before each of your 30 posts, you'd have a somewhat better idea, I believe.

Honestly, I'm not a particularly proud American, I'm not political, and I know people can be happy or unhappy, ignorant or thoughtful anywhere in this world.

I'm just in a lay in on the table mode right now, and I'm tired of people going on about how it's obviously so much better somewhere else. If you don't like it where you are, go somewhere else. Either adapt or if you can't, find someplace where you won't have to be forced to deal with people you consider troglodytes.

The subject at hand is OJ's book, and by extension, his trial, which is taking place here, not in another part of the world. It needs to be discussed in the parameters of what happened, and where it happened.

If we were discussing crimes commited elsewhere, we would have to discuss it in the realm of the laws and mores of where it took place, not how it would have come down here.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:37 am
Actually Chai, this will make 25 posts.
As I said, I will have to go back and read some more of Jane's posts.
:wink:
0 Replies