O.J. tells how he did it.

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 02:42 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
ooooo.....let's all talk about michael jackson now!

he's a pedaphile you know....got away with it too.

That is because he is white enough now , we blacks dont associate with him no mo

See.. heres the deal

We black peeps gots a lota power.

If we like you , you get away with ****.. Ax OJ

if we dont like you, you get f.uc.ked. Ax Rodney King..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 02:47 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

I's gots my OWN and its OPI .......... just like you white people wear.

I aint cheap

You down wit opp? oh...opi....sorry.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 02:50 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

You down wit opp? oh...opi....sorry.

HA

Look at dat white girl tryin ta dance..

Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 02:52 pm
Is this where I come to lie down with shewolfn?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:01 pm
Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:28 pm
farmerman wrote:
There were some conflicting areas of evidence that we seem to forget.

1The sock with Nicole's blood was probably a plant. The blood soaked from one side of the sock ankle to the other. This could not have happened that way if OJ's foot was in the sock. Forensics showed that the sock was laid down and then some blood was poured on it. (Where did they get the blood)

The blood in the van was obviously splattered by an inept person because it indicated a trajectory from a source. Sort of like a priest flinging "holy water"

Besides OJ trying on the leather glove, the Corchoran team had traces of his hand and the glove. It was clearly too small and not a fit. It really wsnt his glove. Remember, that was a piece of evidence that was presented as a "final show" had it been brought up in a normal context there wouldnt have been any confusion. It would have meant perhaps that OJ merely got a pair of too small glove and , with a plastic butchers glove on underneath, the leather glove could have slipped over it easily enough.
However, it was an end game ploy by Corchoran, it merely added to the pile of controveresy about the validity of all the cops evidence, and it worked.

Probably about 75% of the evidence was good and solid and the other 25% was either planted or messed up deliberately.
The name of the game in the US is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt", which implies a unanimous decision. The jury mostly "believed " that he was guilty but they had these pieces of evidence that seemed to be planted in order to expidite the decision.A few of them said that they had to deal with this issue of "reasonable doubt". It was an issue that the defense team exploited quite well. OJ wasnt found innocent, he was not guilty by reasonable doubt. The indictment was on the cops.

The fact that we showed this almost gavel to gavel was a bit excessive but I think it helped people all over the world understand how our justice system works, warts and all.

.Ifeel sorry that OJ got off, but even if you could separate the "bad" evidence from the "good" you are still left with a possibility that some other evidence was also tainted ,so the jury sent a message to the Prosecutors that their entire batch of evidence couldnt be trusted
In the civil case the rule is "the preponderence of evidence " The jury decision is by a majority rule, not unanimity.

This case is now textbook for forensics and especially in the areas of " evidence tampering", "Chain of Custody", and "spatter patterns"

I didn't follow that trial at all.......but you seem to know a reasonable amount.

Are you thinking the cops did a bit of cooking especially because they wanted to make sure they got OJ?

Or might planted evidence be routine for LAPD, do you think?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:32 pm
Certainly whenever the LAPD is in the news it appears to be a fine and upstanding institution. (har har)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:16 pm
The LAPD treats everyone like a King.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:20 pm
There's the signature line of the week..
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:01 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh, YUCK!

Can he be held accountable?

Oh, the wink wink nudge nudge here makes me positively ill. Gack.

unfortunately not. he cannot be tried twice for the same crime..as per the constitution...
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:03 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I'm wondering how much more Nicole and Ron Goldmans family can take of stuff like this.

I hope people boycott this book, if there really is one.

nicole's family - nothing. the goldman's possibly since they won the civil suit...

yuck yuck yuck! such a PIG.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:04 pm
Linkat wrote:
And who is the thoughtless idiot that agreed to write this book for OJ? I imagine there was an author as OJ is not a writer himself - and the publisher for that matter.

Boycott the lot - I say!

fox did the interview series, and a publishing house owned by fox published the godforsaken thinly veiled attempt for undeserved attention.

why can't the creep just GO AWAY?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 05:56 am
Quote:
Are you thinking the cops did a bit of cooking especially because they wanted to make sure they got OJ?

I attended a couple of forensic analyses (post -game kinda stuff) that went over some of the more blatant errors, omissions, and outright fraudulent acts that LAPD Crime investigation teams pulled. There wasnt a clearcut evidence of a systemic "cooking", but there were enough items that showed that someone or a group of someones had tampered with the evidence and actualy had planted some evidence.

Mark Furman was a lightning rod because of his unfortunate use of the n word sometime during his career. from what Ive been shown as evidence tampering, he wasnt even around when evidence could have been messed with.

I think that most people are convinced that OJ did it but the dirfference is that many people , black and white (including me) are even more suspicious of the cops in this one. OJ got off because the system didnt value accuracy and integrity. The system had a relatively good case on OJ but someone decided to really manufacture some more evidence that just threw the really good stuff into question.

WWhat the cops didnt relize was that the same science that makes forensics work, can also detect the errors in the very forensics chain . We know that about 25% of the evidence didnt fit the timelines, wasnt properly custodied, and was even totally out of sequence(as if it were added in sometime later)

The defense team did exactly what it was supposed to do, they capitolized on the bogus and got a murderer (probable murderer) off.

Placing some system of higher accountability on the cops should go without question, however, because they are composed of the same diverse mess of people as are waiters, doctors, used car salesmen, and nuclear scientists, they can sometimes stray from the proper path.
Many states now have "OJ influence rules" that require double chains of custody on evidence, and a number of other boring but necessary requirements in rules of evidence.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:03 am
farmerman wrote:
Quote:

I attended a couple of forensic analyses (post -game kinda stuff) that went over some of the more blatant errors, omissions, and outright fraudulent acts that LAPD Crime investigation teams pulled. There wasnt a clearcut evidence of a systemic "cooking", but there were enough items that showed that someone or a group of someones had tampered with the evidence and actualy had planted some evidence.

Mark Furman was a lightning rod because of his unfortunate use of the n word sometime during his career. from what Ive been shown as evidence tampering, he wasnt even around when evidence could have been messed with.

I think that most people are convinced that OJ did it but the dirfference is that many people , black and white (including me) are even more suspicious of the cops in this one. OJ got off because the system didnt value accuracy and integrity. The system had a relatively good case on OJ but someone decided to really manufacture some more evidence that just threw the really good stuff into question.

WWhat the cops didnt relize was that the same science that makes forensics work, can also detect the errors in the very forensics chain . We know that about 25% of the evidence didnt fit the timelines, wasnt properly custodied, and was even totally out of sequence(as if it were added in sometime later)

The defense team did exactly what it was supposed to do, they capitolized on the bogus and got a murderer (probable murderer) off.

Placing some system of higher accountability on the cops should go without question, however, because they are composed of the same diverse mess of people as are waiters, doctors, used car salesmen, and nuclear scientists, they can sometimes stray from the proper path.
Many states now have "OJ influence rules" that require double chains of custody on evidence, and a number of other boring but necessary requirements in rules of evidence.

Thanks, Farmerman.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:13 am
Thank you farmerman!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:13 am
fman -

Any idea how much the DA's office could have had to do with it? Or were they just saddled with a corrupt investigation by the LAPD?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:32 am
The DNA, the Bruno Magli shoes, the cut finger, the extra large glove, the blood stained socks, the limo driver seeing OJ not home when he arrived, Kato hearing the banging sound, the store clerk who recalls selling OJ the knife, the Mastercard receipt for the knife, etc. This was not exactly a crime without evidence.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:37 am
I think the idea is that of that abundance of evidence, some was real and some was gilding the lily. I'd definitely believe that; that the LAPD, in their rush to make it stick, torpedoed the whole case. And I'd definitely believe that the LAPD would be capable of such a thing, unfortunately.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:49 am
farmerman wrote:
Quote:

farmerman never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge of such a vast array of subjects. Seriously.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:20 pm
Then it's a good thing OJ is going to explain all this!
0 Replies