Americans United for Separation of Church and State

Baldimo

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:48 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Gov't cannot endorse a religion, that doesn't mean that there can't be any religion in schools.

You're right, it doesn't mean that there can't be any religion in schools.

It means that the gov't can't teach or promote religion in schools using gov't monies. Teaching religion is endorsing religion.

This is not a complicated idea to understand

Cycloptichorn

Ah, so the Christian, Muslim, Bhuddist, etc schools that enjoy the largess of FEDERAL tax $$ by way of the FEDERAL gov't voucher system can no longer teach religion?
Not complicated?

If teaching religion in schools is like endorsing then how come the Byron Union School District in CA is allowed to teach a 3 week course on Islam to 7th graders? Would the same class be taught if it was about Christianity?

I don't think it would be because of the separation of church and state.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:50 pm
I should've said you don't want it to exist, would be my guess
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:51 pm
Baldimo wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Gov't cannot endorse a religion, that doesn't mean that there can't be any religion in schools.

You're right, it doesn't mean that there can't be any religion in schools.

It means that the gov't can't teach or promote religion in schools using gov't monies. Teaching religion is endorsing religion.

This is not a complicated idea to understand

Cycloptichorn

Ah, so the Christian, Muslim, Bhuddist, etc schools that enjoy the largess of FEDERAL tax $$ by way of the FEDERAL gov't voucher system can no longer teach religion?
Not complicated?

If teaching religion in schools is like endorsing then how come the Byron Union School District in CA is allowed to teach a 3 week course on Islam to 7th graders? Would the same class be taught if it was about Christianity?

I don't think it would be because of the separation of church and state.

I suppose it depends on which religion is being taught, or so it appears.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:57 pm
I don't think a 3-week course on Islaam is appropriate at all, personally.

I don't have a problem with teaching of history of the culture, but religion should be kept out of the classroom and I would fight to stop it.

Madam, your link doesn't work; I still haven't seen any evidence of a federal voucher program.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:58 pm
Why hasn't the good rev barry lynn or the ACLU been up in arms about Islam being taught in that Ca school? I mean, they get their knickers in a know if a teacher wears a cross on a necklace to school that can be seen.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 02:00 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I don't have a problem with teaching of history of the culture, but religion should be kept out of the classroom and I would fight to stop it.

Madam, your link doesn't work; I still haven't seen any evidence of a federal voucher program.

Cycloptichorn

I;m sorry that the link doesn't work, might I suggest you google school vouchers or federal school vouchers then....I mean, IF you're really interested.
How can the culture of religion be taught without teaching the origins?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 02:04 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I;m sorry that the link doesn't work, might I suggest you google school vouchers or federal school vouchers then....I mean, IF you're really interested.

Religion and culture are two seperate things, is how.

I did google it; all I can find is a pilot test program in DC. Hardly what we are talking about.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 02:58 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I did google it; all I can find is a pilot test program in DC. Hardly what we are talking about.

Cycloptichorn

The culture of religion must have the origins or there's no way of teaching that. How would you teach about the culture of religion (or anything) without exploring it's roots & then explaining or discussing? Is there a new method of teaching, or is it really "dumming down"?
I'm sorry that you don't seem to be able to find anything on the vouchers, there are lots of links to the subject. However, when I'm looking for something that I really don't want to admit could be a fact, I tend to overlook too. Could that be a possibility?
I think I have exausted my discussion on this with you & see no point in furthering it. If you should find some material on the vouchers & want to discuss & then answer my question, I'll be happy to oblige, until then, it's been real....
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:01 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

The culture of religion must have the origins or there's no way of teaching that. How would you teach about the culture of religion (or anything) without exploring it's roots & then explaining or discussing? Is there a new method of teaching, or is it really "dumming down"?
I'm sorry that you don't seem to be able to find anything on the vouchers, there are lots of links to the subject. However, when I'm looking for something that I really don't want to admit could be a fact, I tend to overlook too. Could that be a possibility?
I think I have exausted my discussion on this with you & see no point in furthering it. If you should find some material on the vouchers & want to discuss & then answer my question, I'll be happy to oblige, until then, it's been real....

There is no federal school voucher system. The reason you are not posting a working link is because you know you LIED.

I googled it as well, I wikipedia'd it, I MSN'd it, etc. NOTHING but some testing. Nothing in place.

Confess your sins.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:17 pm
Maybe you guys just aren't spellin it right, or maybe you're looking on Al Jazeeras search engines, whatever you're doing it's wrong!!
I DO NOT LIE & resent you blaming your inablity to find anything on me.

http://www.schoolchoice/roo/vouchers.htm
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:22 pm
page not found
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:35 pm
That link doesn't work for me either. Surprise, surprise.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:36 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Maybe you guys just aren't spellin it right, or maybe you're looking on Al Jazeeras search engines, whatever you're doing it's wrong!!
I DO NOT LIE & resent you blaming your inablity to find anything on me.

http://www.schoolchoice/roo/vouchers.htm

Your link doesn't work ONCE AGAIN.

I resent your inability to back up your statements with a link. If you're going to make a point, YOU provide the information to back it up. Otherwise you're just wasting our time. IF you have a point, prove it, or just go away and waste someone elses time.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:48 pm
url not found
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:31 pm
That is very strange to me that not one of you can find anything by yourself. I KNOW the links are on Google, you want to be adult & find them or you want to keep your head buried in the sand & call me a liar? I really don't care one way or the other.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:41 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
That is very strange to me that not one of you can find anything by yourself. I KNOW the links are on Google, you want to be adult & find them or you want to keep your head buried in the sand & call me a liar? I really don't care one way or the other.

Show me one link....

If you KNOW they are there, prove it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:41 pm
Hold it! I found something. Try:

school vouchers to religious schools
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:45 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Not strange; it doesn't exist. Give it up! No such voucher program in the US exists. If it had, most of us would have heard of it by now.

I was able to find some State funded school voucher programs, but no National Federal Voucher program

http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=136&languageId=1&contentId=29789
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:46 pm
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Show me one link....

I'm not going to give anymore links, I've given two, they don't work by pointing your little mouse on them, too bad, look them up the old fashioned way.
If you can't do that, then too bad, you'll just have to take my word for it. lmao
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:48 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Show me one link....

I'm not going to give anymore links, I've given two, they don't work by pointing your little mouse on them, too bad, look them up the old fashioned way.
If you can't do that, then too bad, you'll just have to take my word for it. lmao

YOU are irrelevant.

And I never take anyone word for anything. You have to prove things when you post them.
0 Replies