John Kerry - what a dork

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:24 am
nimh wrote:
Who included, moreover, all but two of the men who had actually served directly under him?

Oh, I see that Keltic already made this point, articulately and matter-of-factly.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:50 am
For okie and anyone else wishing to rehash 2004 swiftboating, read here first and save us some trouble.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32213&highlight=swift+boat
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:51 am
Snood, thanks for the reminder - havent installed Firefox yet, perhaps I'll do it this weekend.

McGentrix wrote:
nimh wrote:
Cant wait till we have the "ignore" function.

Is that so you can segregate out the minority of conservatives on A2K and never have to have your opinons questioned?

Errr, No. (Duh)

(Yes, for once I'll allow myself the use of "duh", since the assumption is so dumb.)

No, I will happily and gladly converse and discuss with various conservatives here, when time permits - as I have at length and with gusto before. (As you know damn well since you've been here a couple of years already.)

But posters who are solely interested in baiting, flaming and scoring points, I will happily ignore, yes - the way that I don't seem able to do now.

I know that there are some here who imagine themselves, when posting one or the other snideness, as some kind of boxer, landing punches and "counterpunches" on the other's "extended chin" - and note that here, I am merely using the colourful metaphor that Finn chose to describe himself in another thread - after he had pointed out a language mistake of mine...

I remember reading that and just thinking, "what?" Earlier in that thread already some liberal had also posted a picture of Muhammed Ali and opponent, to portray himself and Tico, I think. I mean, are they serious? Bunch of geeks that we are, typing away at a keyboard discussing politics with virtual strangers - imagining themselves as landing and receiving masculine blows on the extended chin? Our little to-and-fro's as some sort of heroic boxer's battle, being punched out in the 'ring' of A2K?

Talk about an inflated sense of self. Explains something about why we dont have a great many women contributing, I guess - boys and their fevered imaginations of playing soldier, or something.

In any case, to get back to your question, I can think of only a handful of conservative posters whom I'd actually ignore - and thats counting the multiple-identity weirdo (better categorized as insane than conservative).

And about as many liberals.

So - no.

<nods>
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:04 pm
kelticwizard wrote:

Baloney. The men who were in combat under Kerry's command, who had to face enemy fire in the aluminum hulled boat under Kerry's command, who survived under Kerry's leadership know him best, not the commanding officers on other boats. And the men under Kerry's command got up on stage and vouched for this man's leadership under those circumstances. That's what counts.

Sounds good, but it doesn't really work that way. Have you any experiences that would give you accurate insights on the matter? I do. The skippers of the boats that worked with him and who counted on mutual support were rather unforgiving for his repeated bug outs under fire. The guys in his boat were glad to bask in the safe illusions he created.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:07 pm
Nimh Wrote:
Quote:

<nods>

Careful, you're going to draw the wrath of Finn for using <>

Cycloptichorn Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:31 pm
right wingers have the ability to make mountains where there are no hills.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:32 pm
nimh wrote:
I remember reading that and just thinking, "what?" Earlier in that thread already some liberal had also posted a picture of Muhammed Ali and opponent, to portray himself and Tico, I think.

Not sure if it's what you are thinking of, but kuvasz posted a picture of Muhammad Ali standing over Sonny Liston in a response to Finn, after kuvasz had told Finn he would kick in his teeth. I had nothing to do with it.

How many times now is this that you've misremembered something about me?

Quote:
I mean, are they serious? Bunch of geeks that we are, typing away at a keyboard discussing politics with virtual strangers - imagining themselves as landing and receiving masculine blows on the extended chin? Our little to-and-fro's as some sort of heroic boxer's battle, being punched out in the 'ring' of A2K?

That's why it's called a "metaphor," nimh.

BTW: "nimh-picking" ... must remember that phrase. Laughing
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:35 pm
Quote:

In an interview yesterday with a CBS affiliate in San Francisco, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA) said, "I think that we should get out of [Iraq] as quickly as we can." The governor also called for "a deadline of when we pull the troops out."

When asked what he thought of Bush's opposition to a deadline, Schwarzenegger said, "I think that eventually he will have to put a deadline on there. I think the American people will demand it."

http://thinkprogress.org/

This must mean that the ole tico avatar is history. Who would want to be connected to a cut and run kinda guy?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:24 pm
Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:49 pm
Just a quick observation re the crew of Kerry's boat (and I imagine georgeob1 concurrs) - loyalty to Skipper, boat and crew (or their equivalent counterparts in other services) runs pretty strong, especially so in smaller units. Unless the Skipper was an insufferable martinette and/or stupidly got a buncha his crew shot up real bad, it is to be expected his direct crew would rally around him if he were to be set upon ... "One for all and all for one" is more than a slogan to military types.

Another set of observations - every one of the numerous legal actions initiated by Kerry supporters against the Swiftboat and Stolen Honor Kerry critics has been dismissed or withdrawn, not one of the challenges to Kerry's claims has been disproved, several have been validated, an upshot of the legal actions brought by Kerry supporters has been the dicovery that many of the allegations Kerry and others put forward in the '70s cannot be validated and in some cases have been withdrawn under sworn testimony and/or deposition, while others have been disproven, and finally, that a number of legal actions brought by Kerry critics against his supporters have been settled or resolved in favor of Kerry's critics, none have been dismissed or withdrawn, and litigation continues in some matters including both older and recently initiated actions.

A last set of observations, these of no more value than personal opinion as that is what they are - my personal direct experience pertaining to the late Southeast Asian Unpleasantness - admittedly entirely subjective and from a particular experiential perspective - leaves me no option but at the very least to look somewhat askance at the Kerry Version ... it just doesn't ring true to me. My take in that regard is congruent with that of just about every Veteran and currently serving military person with whom I'm acquainted, a sampling which though perhaps relatively large cannot be said to be anything other than neither statistically significant nor statiscally representative of the overall demographic - just the relevant folks I know.

My conclusion: Kerry repeatedly over more than 3 decades has demonstrated contempt for the US military and its members. I think he's a despicable, opportunistic, elitist, arrogant, lying SOB worthy only of contempt. But that's just my opinion.

Oh, did I mention ... I don't like Kerry very much.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:59 pm
Yep, he's a dork.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:05 pm
I believe that Timber has, with admirable restraint, objectivity, and clarity, accurately encapsulated both the truth and his opinion of the exaulted, well-coiffed and well-married Senator from Massachusetts
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:10 pm
yo timber, i started to call into debate your assertion that several charges against kerry have been validated ( i saw most of his attackers interviewed. including the ancient cavat thing with o'neil; who ctw, got caught lying about how "we never went to cambodia" when a taped conversation with nixon had him declaring that he had himself.. Rolling Eyes ) and all.....

but, i decided to instead remind you that it's almost time for the yearly purchase of Cougar Cheese. Very Happy

at this point, cougar cheese is far more relevant to me than kerry. damn. i shoulda stuck with wes.

hang loose dude !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:24 pm
DTOM, You got that right! Almost any other issue has more relevance than "Kerry."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:24 pm
How often does people have to beat a dead horse?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:20 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Good point. However this one keeps getting back up and s$#tting on the table.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:20 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

hahahaha!

beat it ? jeez... more like draggin' it outta the ground and puttin' a gun to it's head. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:35 pm
george and DTOM, Those are both good uns. You get a coupie doll.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:43 pm
How long before the twisted history will have George fighting in Viet Nam and Kerry in the reserves protecting the Alabama border in ancient aircraft.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 04:35 pm
Not entirely impossible from where I sit. LOL
0 Replies