Would you pose nude for a photo?

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 08:11 am
Mike(NJ)- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

If a person has the kind of body that would be appropriate for artistic photos or drawings, I think that it is a perfectly appropriate way to earn money.

Years ago, I once double dated with a woman who was a body model. Her date told me that she had the most exquisite body. You could never tell though, because she purposely wore clothes two sizes too big out in public, as she did not want to call attention to herself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 08:48 am
phoenix, the joy is that artists think every body is 'appropriate' for life modelling. every body is different, so each body has different appeals to the artist.

i think more of us should think like that - as long as you're reasonably healthy, your body is 'appropriate'.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 08:55 am
ehBeth- You would not want a painting of my body in your living room. Trust me on this one! Laughing
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 09:27 am
Phoenix... I might. Depends on the artist.

Your body is the clothing that you wear on your soul... no more, no less. I have never seen more of you than one greenish eye. From what I know of your story, you probably would not be chosen for the Playboy Girls of A2K issue. (I do look forward to seeing the staple in littlek's midriff, but I digress.)

But I've read enough to know, that if an artist captures who you really are, that would be grand.

I've done life drawing from both sides. The best experience I had with it was the night I came home, and showed my work to Mrs. SealPoet, who said 'Isn't that the same model you had last week?' The model was not a physical beauty, but she was very intense... real.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 09:39 am
Beautifully said, SealPoet. Ya know, I think Phoenix would be one of those real, intense, models. The painting would tell you something of her, of life, of energy, of intelligence.

A good friend of mine - all of the art work in her house is of nudes. All different shapes and sizes - all amazing people. If I had a big whack of money I'd probably try to get a Lucien Freud - those are some, real, intense, nudes.

nowwwww, this isn't a personal favourite, but it's dang real ... ... click ... not for the dainty of spirit

more real .... people .... click
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 02:52 pm
truth
Well, I know one thing for sure: I'd love to have a painting of Phoenix' mind on my living room wall.

I once got a laugh from my wife, when I told her that her mind makes my mind hard. I was a little apprehensive when I said it, but I couldn't resist.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:09 pm
I think that's a fantastic compliment, well, to both of you..
0 Replies

Mike-NJ-

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:47 am
This is a Fun Group
Phoenix,

Thanks for the welcome! And I agree with ebeth, art models come in all shapes and sizes and they are beautiful.

Michael EDIT (Moderator) Link to personal website removed.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 11:01 am
truth
Thanks, Osso. I was a little apprehensive about saying that here, but I couldn't resist again.
0 Replies

desertartist

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 11:02 pm
I once took some nude photos of myself to practice drawing from, but that's it. I've sometimes wished I had a model with a digital camera who could supply photos for the same purpose (I'm so darn isolated here). I find, however, that most people who call themselves models these days, especially on the Internet, are more like visual hookers or else they're into exhibitionism, and both leave me cold. I believe that nudity done for art should be purely for the love of art and nothing else.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 11:08 pm
I saw a great one woman play in New York. The story was of a large south african nude model. She melded the story of her childhood, racism and how we are a society so pre-occupied with looks. As she told the story she took on different poses, it was shocking at first but eventually the story's lesson was the most overpowering image.
Wish I could remember the name???????
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 04:18 am
I did a search (no really, I don't need to sleep! *L*) and found this....

http://www.winsnews.org/Wint00c.pdf

Is this the one?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 04:48 am
I just want to know if Ceili would pose for the photo, and if so................................can I take the picture?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:01 pm
Yup, that's the one, "Jodies Body". Brilliant play.

Wilso, I fear I'd have you running to the hills. lol
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 06:41 pm
i would definetly pose nude for art or to protest. not for anyything else tho.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 09:13 pm
Yer too young to be posing sans clothing unluckystar!
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:43 pm
lol if i was older
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:43 pm
but it is a great way to get a point across
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:51 pm
truth
Unlucky Star, you can't be TOO old if your grandmother is still alive. Hell, my parents are dead; my father died of old age. That's good reason for me not to pose nude.
0 Replies

cough

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:01 pm
I really like his work (Tunick), but I would be really uncomfortable "exposing" myself.
0 Replies