What is a Nazarene?

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 04:57 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
timber it was wrong of me to respond in kind to your brusqueness. for that i apologize..

No apology necessary, but your extension of same is acknowledged and appreciated - and no need to worry about characterizing my style of interaction as "brusque" - that's well established - while most generally civil, I ain't very warm & melty/touchy-feely.

Quote:
as you noted my religious beliefs (aside from my name) didnt come into the discussion til setanta brought them in.....and as i have stated i havent tried to make this discussion about my faith.....
Quote:
and and it is your subsequent interaction which has structured the further development of the digression currently - and tediously - under way.

please note that after page three, (i think) ...i said lets just drop this and did try to bring the convo back to the topic at hand...

Actually, it was the 2nd post on Page 4, your next following post to this thread was This continuation of your digression, while my first direct response to you following your "drop it" post ocurred a couple pages later, Here. Subsequent to that, your contribution to this discussion has totalled something over 2 dozen posts, all but 3 or 4 of which have been exclusively further continuations on your part of the current digression.

I beg leave to revisit a theme I introduced much earlier in the interactions specifically between you and me:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4100/quitdigging4jc.jpg

Your move.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:09 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
thats has been my point with you from the beginning.......why cant you debate or discuss without getting nasty or rude???

You sure like to re-write history. I was courteous and restrained when i twice pointed out that you were over-reacting to and misrepresenting the posts by the Big Bird. Whether or not one could claim i've been nasty, you have gotten exactly what you deserved for being so snappish when criticized. Face facts, you've screwed up since your first post in this thread, and are desparate to blame anyone and anything, rather than admit that you've screwed up.

How tedious your silliness is . . .
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:09 pm
http://img.zoints.com/public/albums/1/0/0/3/0/4/1/5/kickadeadhorse_tmb.jpg
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:12 pm
I hear ya, echi - its just that one end of that horse won't stay down.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:13 pm
As an observation, "bc" is not a word in English, and you'd have to butcher the word conversation considerably to pervert it into "convo." It will greatly help the case of anyone posting in these fora to attempt to maintain a high level of self-expression in Standard English.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:13 pm
I believe one is supposed to "beat" a dead horse, is one not? I'm sure you're free to kick one as well, though . . .
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:15 pm
Setanta wrote:
It will greatly help the case of anyone posting in these fora to attempt to maintain a high level of self-expression in Standard English.

WTF?? n0 L33t5p33k???!!!???
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:17 pm
Setanta wrote:
I believe one is supposed to "beat" a dead horse, is one not? I'm sure you're free to kick one as well, though . . .

Hey, don't start with me, boss. I'll draw a picture of you, next!!
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:23 pm
nah timber no further move on my part.......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:25 pm
echi wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Hey, don't start with me, boss. I'll draw a picture of you, next!!

Whoa . . . Dude . . . i was only funnin' ya . . . i'm backin' away now, keepin' my hands where you can see 'em . . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:41 pm
I got the dawgs back.... you can't f*ck with both a canterkerous dawg AND a mean spirited Bear....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:48 pm
Thanks, Bear, i was sweatin' that one . . . when the King gets pissed, even if he is a puppet . . . ya want yer back covered . . .
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:03 pm
Setanta wrote:
Whoa . . . Dude . . . i was only funnin' ya . . . i'm backin' away now, keepin' my hands where you can see 'em . . .
http://img.zoints.com/public/albums/1/0/0/3/0/4/1/5/setanta_tmb.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:17 pm
timberlandko wrote:
kate, all you need do to provide foundation for your proposition is satisfy any one, any combination of, or all of the following previously-issued challenges:

1. Demonstrate objectively and in academically sound, forensically valid manner that religious faith be differentiable from superstition.

2. Demonstrate objectively and in academically sound, forensically valid manner that the Abrahamic Mythopaeia be other than a human construct, a cultural artifact with roots in the forgotten antiquity of the Anatolian Plain, the Aryan Plateau, the Fertile Crescent, the Mediterranean Rim, and the Nile Delta, derived through, drawing from and elaborating on the myriad cultural traditions and mythopaeias of those regions, both predating and contemporary with itself.

3. Demonstrate objectively and in academically sound, forensically valid manner that the Abrahamic Mythopaeia inherrently and incontravertably be superior to any other spiritual mythopaeia past or present.

4. Demonstrate objectively and in academically sound, forensically valid manner that any one of the 3 primary religions deriving from the Abrahamic Mythopaeia inherrently and incontravertably be superior to its 2 siblings.

5. Demonstrate objectively and in academically sound, forensically valid manner that whatever religiospiritual worldview you personally profess inherrently and incontravertably be superior to any other religiospiritual worldview.

Now, should you nail any one of those, you'll have the beginnings of an argument which merits being taken seriously and from which you may proceed. Nail 'em all, and you'll have resolved the entire issue beyond argument. Untill such time as you manage to get the whole job done, however, we by the requirements of intellectual honesty have no choice but to dismiss your proposition as heretofore you have presented that proposition.

Take all the time you need. We're patient, we can wait. We're quite used to that; we've been waiting for around 10 Millenia.
I do all that and more and what do I get?

A pat on the head and a chew toy with 'Good boy, neo'. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:21 pm
Just don't shed all over the furniture, Neo Laughing
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:24 pm
neologist wrote:
I'm with you, Herema.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/Herema/classic40.gif

Er, is there a Hisema?

ROFLMBOLOL

OH....you guys are hillarrrryUS!!!!

I have read these posts and even though I still haven't a clue what a modern day Nararene is....I think it may be somewhere between a fruit and nut.....

I have gotten to know the ladies at work a little better.....they are meek, humble, gentle and very sweet mannered. So.....a Nazarene cannot be a bad thing, right?

to answer your ?? neo.......no hisema....

tnx everyone for a wonderful laugh tonight.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:26 pm
What'r fiends for?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:30 pm
Glad your day was brightened, Herema - that's pretty much the point of excercizes of this sort Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:32 pm
Not to mention the stunning logic and erudite rhetoric.
0 Replies

Herema

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 06:39 pm
neologist wrote:
Not to mention the stunning logic and erudite rhetoric.

and...not mentioning the use of dictionary.com......for an ever-expanding vaculary. Very Happy

Herema
0 Replies