What is a Nazarene?

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 12:51 pm
Quote:
No, that is an intentional warping of what i have consistently written. I have continually asserted that if you cannot demonstrate that your "god" exists, the only reasonable assumption is that this "god" is a figment of your imagination, and therefore, i refer to your imaginary friend. I don't assert that there is a "god" of any description, imaginary or otherwise. I simply point out that your "god" constitutes a figment of your imagination unless and until you can provide plausible evidence for your god--something which you simply don't do, and a challenge which you consistently avoid. Smart move on your part--i've know people who are
apparently a good deal more intelligent and mentally adroit than you who have been unable to do so.

once more....so you can read it again....
Quote:
I simply point out that your "god" constitutes a figment of your imagination unless and until you can provide plausible evidence for your god--something which you simply don't do, and a challenge which you consistently avoid.

you have never challenged me nor has anyone else so i cant consistently avoid what has never happened......you first brought this up when i said you have beliefs also...and used your phrase "imaginery God"(this was a post you made not to me but to another member on another thread)to prove 2 points...1. you ridicule those who believe differently and 2. you have beliefs also. i never said you told me specifically that God is imaginery...i was using this as an example ...i wasnt entering into a debate on the existence or trying to give you proof that God exists.....

Quote:
Any attempt to state categorically that one's personal exegesis is unquestionably the "truth" qualifies as "goofy exegesis," because it has not (and likely cannot) be demonstrated. And that is entirely by internal scriptural reference, your case deteriorates even further when the plausibilty of scripture as evidence of fact is assessed from outside the exegetical exercise.

once again when have i given a personal exegesis on scripture saying it was the absolute truth......

katewrote
Quote:

the posts speak for themselves...you said you hoped you were being seen as rude (when speaking to me)bc whacko religious knowitalls disgust you......it may have been indirect but it was still pointed at me...

setanta wrote
Quote:
Here's a crying towell--get over it. Once again, if the shoe fits . . .

when i pointed out you call names you first denied it then when i gave proof to that name calling you say Get over it.....its fruitless to debate with you if you keep changing your tune.......

Quote:
Setanta wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
setanta why not scroll up and read the next post i made to his remark that i read the links........i couldnt get into the links at that time and was just basing my post on what i knew.......no assumption was necessary.......a simply posed question would have been enough.....and furthermore those links that i was able to get in later,in no way answered my initial question..except to shed some light on the church of nazarene today...it was neo that later answered my question as to their possible link with that of the nazarites of the bible...and he did it without any assumptions or condescension...

The Big Bird responded to your initial post without assumption or condescension. It appears to me that all that is going on here is that you can't handle criticism well, and are unwilling to publicly admit your ignorance.

It has only been as you have become progressively more accusatory, and made a continuing practice of misrepresenting what i have said that i have descended to your level to return the accusations and sneers. You have no one to thank but yourself for this state of affairs. I've seen you in actrion around here for a long time, but have generally not commented on what you post, because i find your drivel distasteful. In this thread, i only addressed you to point out that the Big Bird had not addressed you in a condescending manner, and that you were mistaken. I addressed you politely--and your responded with increasing hysteria and misrepresentation. Finally, i lost patience with you, and determined to treat you exactly as you were feebling attempting to treat other in this thread. Hope you're enjoying it.

i wasnt accusatory in my post nor did i sneer. nor did i get hysterical ...the post is evident.....
Quote:

When i finally did point out that you spout scripture and mock others who don't agree with you, it was after having attempted to address you courteously--to no purpose. I did not say that this is "all you do," but i did point out that it is habitual with you, and that it has come to characterize your "contribution" in my estimation.

you keep saying this and produce no evidence ...I have asked repeatedly for proof to your accusations.....i am getting tired of asking for proof and not seeing any......i wont even address this anymore bc its evident you have no proof.........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 01:10 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
Quote:
No, that is an intentional warping of what i have consistently written. I have continually asserted that if you cannot demonstrate that your "god" exists, the only reasonable assumption is that this "god" is a figment of your imagination, and therefore, i refer to your imaginary friend. I don't assert that there is a "god" of any description, imaginary or otherwise. I simply point out that your "god" constitutes a figment of your imagination unless and until you can provide plausible evidence for your god--something which you simply don't do, and a challenge which you consistently avoid. Smart move on your part--i've know people who are
apparently a good deal more intelligent and mentally adroit than you who have been unable to do so.

once more....so you can read it again....
Quote:
I simply point out that your "god" constitutes a figment of your imagination unless and until you can provide plausible evidence for your god--something which you simply don't do, and a challenge which you consistently avoid.

you have never challenged me nor has anyone else so i cant consistently avoid what has never happened......you first brought this up when i said you have beliefs also...and used your phrase to prove a point(this was a post you made not to me but to another member on another thread) i never said you told me specifically that God is imaginery...i was using this as an example of your beliefs...i wasnt entering into a debate on the existence or trying to give you proof that God exists.....

That's a good thing, since rejecting your contention that a "god" exists is not a statement of belief on my part. Saying that as you have provided no evidence for your "god," your "god" can be considered a figment of your imagination is also not a belief, it is a statment of a logical conclusion. See, here's how it works: Kate said she believes in "god," but she has provided no evidence that there is a "god" . . . hmmm . . . must be a figment of her imagination. I'd better defer the contention unless and until she provides proof.

I have not stated that your "god" is imaginary, i have referred to your "god" as your imaginary friend, becuase you provide no plausible reason to assume that your "god" is anything.

As for a challenge, i have pointed out that i have never claimed to have challenged you directly, but i have also pointed out that the challenge is inferential. I cannot be faulted for your inability to understand that.

Quote:
Quote:
Any attempt to state categorically that one's personal exegesis is unquestionably the "truth" qualifies as "goofy exegesis," because it has not (and likely cannot) be demonstrated. And that is entirely by internal scriptural reference, your case deteriorates even further when the plausibilty of scripture as evidence of fact is assessed from outside the exegetical exercise.

once again when have i given a personal exegesis on scripture saying it was the absolute truth......

I would have thought by now that you'd have realized that i'm not going to play that game with you. I have seen you do this time and time again, i have no need to, nor am i obliged to prove it to you.

Quote:
katewrote
Quote:

the posts speak for themselves...you said you hoped you were being seen as rude (when speaking to me)bc whacko religious knowitalls disgust you......it may have been indirect but it was still pointed at me...

setanta wrote
Quote:
Here's a crying towell--get over it. Once again, if the shoe fits . . .

when i pointed out you call names you first denied it then when i gave proof to that name calling you say Get over it.....its fruitless to debate with you if you keep changing your tune.......

No, my "tune" has not changed. If i refer to whacko religious know-it-alls, and you take offense, one can only conclude that you consider that a reasonable description of yourself. It's not name-calling if it's true.

Quote:
Quote:
Setanta wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:
setanta why not scroll up and read the next post i made to his remark that i read the links........i couldnt get into the links at that time and was just basing my post on what i knew.......no assumption was necessary.......a simply posed question would have been enough.....and furthermore those links that i was able to get in later,in no way answered my initial question..except to shed some light on the church of nazarene today...it was neo that later answered my question as to their possible link with that of the nazarites of the bible...and he did it without any assumptions or condescension...

The Big Bird responded to your initial post without assumption or condescension. It appears to me that all that is going on here is that you can't handle criticism well, and are unwilling to publicly admit your ignorance.

It has only been as you have become progressively more accusatory, and made a continuing practice of misrepresenting what i have said that i have descended to your level to return the accusations and sneers. You have no one to thank but yourself for this state of affairs. I've seen you in actrion around here for a long time, but have generally not commented on what you post, because i find your drivel distasteful. In this thread, i only addressed you to point out that the Big Bird had not addressed you in a condescending manner, and that you were mistaken. I addressed you politely--and your responded with increasing hysteria and misrepresentation. Finally, i lost patience with you, and determined to treat you exactly as you were feebling attempting to treat other in this thread. Hope you're enjoying it.

i wasnt accusatory in my post nor did i sneer. nor did i get hysterical ...the post is evident.....

You have so badly butchered this series of quotes and responses that it isn't worth the effort to attempt to decipher how you have chosen to edit what i wrote, and interpolate it with what you wrote.

Suffice it to say that i've quoted my first three posts, two of which were addressed to you, both of those which were courteous and factual with regard to a description of what the Big Bird had posted. You have progressively become more accusatory and defensive. You are personally responsible for the deterioration of the exchanges between us, because i began with a courteous tone, to which you responded irrationally.

If you are going to quote me, i would appreciate it if you did not mix portions of one post of mine with portions of another, and combine them with portions of your own posts or comments--that constitutes a form of lying, because anyone reading here would think that the resultant incoherence were a product of my writing, rather than your dishonest editing job.

Quote:
Quote:
When i finally did point out that you spout scripture and mock others who don't agree with you, it was after having attempted to address you courteously--to no purpose. I did not say that this is "all you do," but i did point out that it is habitual with you, and that it has come to characterize your "contribution" in my estimation.

you keep saying this and produce no evidence ...I have asked repeatedly for proof to your accusations.....i am getting tired of asking for proof and not seeing any......i wont even address this anymore bc its evident you have no proof.........

I could think of few things which i would appreciate more than that you abandon your hysteria, and stop butchering my posts to attempt to show what a poor, martyred victim you are.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 01:27 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
Quote:
If you looking for links to quotes of yours, don't hold your breath--i'm not running errands for you. It is enough that i have seen you consistently insist that others don't understand scripture because you have told them what it means, and you will trot out your "LOL" if they don't agree, and claim that your exegesis is the obviously correct one--and therefore, i categorize you as a bible-thumper.

first and foremost i dont lol when others dont agree....i did that once (my very first debate) to wolf and he pointed out that it appeared mocking and i apologized...the only time i do the "lol" now is when people are joking or i am joking...and i havent consistently told others that they dont understand scripture bc they dont agree with me..that is untrue.... and i dont go around peddling my beliefs.....most people in here probably dont know all i believe bc i dont go around spouting it off as you accused.......

You're kidding right? You haven't used "lol" in mockery since your first debate with wolf? There's always a joke involved?

kate4christ03 wrote:
You have a problem with me judging their christian beliefs then honestly i dont care ....lol........ But they arent christian

kate4christ03 wrote:
Yes lol......Christ was Gods son ....Christ means annointed one Jesus is the transliteration for the greek Ieosus that is Joshua in hebrew meaning Salvation is of God.........Both names were given to GOds son who came to earth and died on the cross and rose from the grave on the third day....Through him we are given the opportunity to have eternal life with God and forgiveness of sins
..other names include Messiah, Rock, Lamb of God, Immanuel.......
does that help? Very Happy

JPB wrote:
What's so funny? Is that a mocking laugh? Not exactly truly Christian of you, is it?

I wasn't familiar with wolf's comment when I made mine, but you really should accept that your tone is perceived as mocking. These are only posts directed at me, I have no interest in posting other examples of what you've said here is false. A search of "lol" and your user id results in 40 hits. I fail to see the joke in most of them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 01:36 pm
The real problem with forums such as this one is that there are always wackos such as Timberland, Setanta JPB and lordy lordy meself who crowd the board with really inane hostile crap so that the true enlightened self-actualized believers are rendered defenseless (well, other than the defense of "why are you picking on me?) Seems to happen almost every time. I suggest all the wackos just go find another forum they can polute Does logic and well-founded reasoning always have to enter the discussion? I say NO.
(Pass the CrackerJack and yes please I like lemon in my tea)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 01:40 pm
Ya ol' poopity head . . .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 01:42 pm
Hey! I was gonna say that....
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 02:23 pm
at the top of page 13 i pasted several things you had just previously posted to me....going back now i see that whole post of yours has disappeared ......the only thing i can conclude is that while i was in the process of typing a post and using material from your previous post, you went in and editted it.....

Quote:
Setanta wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:

this bunch of posts were ones i copied straight from your post that must have been editted.....i copied it in the same manner that you put it together.....you in your last post to me used this to accuse me of butchering your posts and mixing them .......i copied it straight from your post...

Quote:
I could think of few things which i would appreciate more than that you abandon your hysteria, and stop butchering my posts to attempt to show what a poor, martyred victim you are.

also if anyone wants to note in my last post to you i had copied comments you had made in your previous post...that isnt there at all now.....nothing wrong with editting but dont accuse me of twisting or mixing up your posts when you know i copied it straight from your post...i just didnt get to submit my comment bf you changed what you said......

and im not being hysterical please dont exaggerate...its silly......
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 02:45 pm
jpb i did a search also of when i said lol.......a few times its just a smiley face...not in mockery or condescension..a few times i was pasting what another person said but yes i see that a few times it does appear to be mocking ....for those times even if i wasnt mocking it could have easily been taken as such and i apologize......but if anyone would care to check they can see most of those lol 's or smileys were done in jest not mockery and had nothing to do with scripture.....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
kate, you persist in avoiding the fact your central proposition, that being some particular interpretation of some particular religiospiritual mythopaeia, remains but an unsubstantiated allegation, a claim severally challenged, disputed rebutted, and refuted without rebuttal or refutation on behalf of that claim, that, only that, and nothing more. Coincident with your failure to meet the primary challenge, you persist in striving to maintain focus in this converstation on yourself and the slights you perceive to have been issued you - while similarly failing to demonstrate any such circumstance as that you allege obtains.

Your discourse, at least as regards its appearance so far in this discussion, qualifies as forensically incompetent.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 03:10 pm
Quote:
kate, you persist in avoiding the fact your central proposition, that being some particular interpretation of some particular religiospiritual mythopaeia, remains but an unsubstantiated allegation, a claim severally challenged, disputed rebutted, and refuted without rebuttal or refutation on behalf of that claim, that, only that, and nothing more

timber when did i make this proposition? your previous post to me was instructions on how to debate certain topics i havent even introduced to this discussion to debate......i stated that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.......please refer to my previous post to you
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 03:20 pm
kate, refer to your characterization of yourself as a Christian and your assertion that circumstance foundationally influences your POV.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 03:42 pm
Quote:
kate, refer to your characterization of yourself as a Christian and your assertion that circumstance foundationally influences your POV.

timber this wasnt introduced until about half way back...ossobuco made the comment that bible enthusiasts believe nonbelievers dont know about the bible when in fact they may know moreabout etc..(im paraphrasing) after i pointed out that comment had nothing to do with the topic at hand i was told i can appear arrogant when discussing scripture...my defense was that there are certain tenents of my faith that i wont back down from...and i also noted that not once did any of those become an issue in this conversation....at no time have i used parts of my faith in this argument.....its fruitless and i even noted that to neo.....arguing faith produces nothing bc there is no clear evidence thats why its faith....this whole debate started bc you made an assumption that i didnt bother to check out a link and i took it to be snide....and i even posted that people didnt have to be rude when talking on here etc....then setanta came in and defended you then he and i started a debate.......not once has faith or scripture been part of my central proposition.....my proposition was this
1. people dont need to resort to snideness, rudeness or personal name calling when debating......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 03:52 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
at the top of page 13 i pasted several things you had just previously posted to me....going back now i see that whole post of yours has disappeared ......the only thing i can conclude is that while i was in the process of typing a post and using material from your previous post, you went in and editted it.....

Quote:
Setanta wrote:
kate4christ03 wrote:

this bunch of posts were ones i copied straight from your post that must have been editted.....i copied it in the same manner that you put it together.....you in your last post to me used this to accuse me of butchering your posts and mixing them .......i copied it straight from your post...

Quote:

also if anyone wants to note in my last post to you i had copied comments you had made in your previous post...that isnt there at all now.....nothing wrong with editting but dont accuse me of twisting or mixing up your posts when you know i copied it straight from your post...i just didnt get to submit my comment bf you changed what you said......

and im not being hysterical please dont exaggerate...its silly......

You have there a fragment of my first post which was a response to you, but not the complete post, and a portion of my comments about that post and your response. You might have screwed up in attempting to quote my post, but that does not resemble anything which i have posted in this thread.

I neither know nor care how you managed to mangle what i have posted. It still constitutes a misreprentation of what i've written here, even if it is the product of an error on your part.

Given that you have been addressed in a courteous fashion by both me and the Big Bird, but you have still managed to turn this into a discussion of yourself, and how you are being abused here, it is difficult to find a better term for your behavior than hysterical.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 03:59 pm
setanta no you havent been courteous and i didnt turn this whole thing to be about me......my first posts to timber was about how i perceived a post he made.......you came in and joined the discussion and kept it going after i even told him lets just drop it and i tried to take this discussion back to the initial topic....and no i stand by my last post.....i pasted it exactly as your initial post had it...but you must have editted it and that is evident bc many of the things i have copied you saying arent even in this site anymore.....you first started with the accusations that i mock and spew scriptures and peddle my beliefs....since then i have just tried to defend myself......if you dont want it to be about me quit making accusations.......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 04:05 pm
I have posted again my first three posts in this thread, and links to them. I was courteous to you until you became hysterical about the whole matter.

Nothing has disappeared from this site. You screwed up a quote function is about the only plausible explanation. I am not a moderator--if someone posts after i have posted, i cannot subsequently edit a post i have made. I cannot explain how you screwed things up, but i know it is more hysteria on your part to attempt to blame me for your ineptitude, and to suggest some paranoid fantasy about material disappearing from this site.

You're losing it, but that doesn't alter the truth of the sequence of posts which anyone can see by reading this thread. Both the Big Bird and i began to respond to you in courteous and restrained manner. I'm more prone to get nasty with religionists than the Big Bird is, which i acknowledge and for which i don't intend to apologize. I gave you the benefit of the doubt for three posts, and then, as you persisted in your feeble and misleading rhetoric, i let you have it.

You remain responsible for the reaction you have gotten. You get out of these exchanges what you put into them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 04:13 pm
Why is everybody always picking on me?
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 04:17 pm
setanta if you make a post and as im reading it and writing a reply....you can go back and edit your post if i or anyone else hasnt posted a reply yet....i was in the process of writing a reply and copied how you put those posts together exactly as you did......i also copied several comments you had just made to me....but by the time i posted my reply and scrolled up those comments were gone.......bc you were editting while i was writing a reply...i didnt say you changed something on your first few posts i know things cant be editted after another person responds...i already explained what must have happened ....and no you werent courteous...you kept this going even after i told timber lets just drop it

Quote:
I'm more prone to get nasty with religionists than the Big Bird is, which i acknowledge and for which i don't intend to apologize

thats has been my point with you from the beginning.......why cant you debate or discuss without getting nasty or rude???
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 04:18 pm
I made no assumption, I presented a factual observation logical upon the evidence and offered conjecture that you might profit through accessing the material at the other end of the referenced links. The rest of this digression has developed from your statement of perceived insult - an assumptive statement. The first "rudeness" in this discussion appears Here, followed shortly thereafter by This, and a while further on by This. Apart from your unambuguously declaratory username, the first reference linking your discourse with your religiospiritual worldview occurs HERE, to which you directly responded
[url=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2281135#2281135]kate4christ03[/url] wrote:
setanta i never made the supposition that the church of nazarene originated from that of the nazarites of the bible....i threw in the word "maybe" bc i didnt know...and further posts show that i see there is no correlation....

Quote:
Since you showed up at this site, you have run around spewing scripture, and telling everyone what it means, and attempting to peddle your particularist view of what scripture means and of what religious truth is

last time i checked this is a religious forum and i can give my opinion on scriptures when i want to.....and last time i checked this is also a debate forum where anyone can give their view on certain scriptures and spiritual truth and most on here do exactly what i do....since i've come on here all i've seen you do is ridicule those with religious beliefs and judge and attack others.....and my ignorance on a particular church (there are so many) in no way puts into question my views on scripture....i never claimed to be an expert on religion or even the different sects of christian denominations....ive even stated bf that i know the bible but im still learning.......

I see no point to going on in vein as above; my case is established, as to some extent by extension and congruence is Setanta's and as are the cases of others who have been critical of your discourse in this discussion, your case, by your own posts, is demolished, having never gotten off the ground.

I will acknowledge some ungentle brusqueness, up to and including explicit rudeness, has been directed your way, submitting component to that acknowledgement that all said ungentleness amounted to response-in-kind - not excusing it for such, merely pointing that out. Again - you started this silly digression, focusing on yourself and on erroneously perceived slight, you first in this discussion descended to employing insult, and and it is your subsequent interaction which has structured the further development of the digression currently - and tediously - under way.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 04:29 pm
timber it was wrong of me to respond in kind to your brusqueness. for that i apologize..
as you noted my religious beliefs (aside from my name) didnt come into the discussion til setanta brought them in.....and as i have stated i havent tried to make this discussion about my faith.....
Quote:
and and it is your subsequent interaction which has structured the further development of the digression currently - and tediously - under way.

please note that after page three, (i think) ...i said lets just drop this and did try to bring the convo back to the topic at hand...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 04:42 pm
Kate, what did you learn from the first group of links that Timber offered?
0 Replies