What is a Nazarene?

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:03 pm
Aw Hell, take all them bible-thumpers out an' shoot 'em . . . not my buddy Neo, though, he ain't no bible-thumper, he just lacks judgment in the company he keeps . . .
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:15 pm
NEO thanks.....
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:17 pm
chai i have no problem with debating or discussing with those that have different views as i do...but i have no respect nor wish to deal with those that show the rudeness and maturity of a sixth grader.........
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:18 pm
I try to play nice with everybody, even if it means puttinem in a headlock.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:21 pm
neo eventhough our beliefs strongly contradict....you have always shown respect and a maturity that isn't always prevalent in this forum....that is a sign of a good debater........and a decent humanbeing... Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:25 pm
Well, that's 'cause I haven't shown anyone my flamin' full nelson yet.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:35 pm
kate, no one has been rude to you. Your proposition and the manner by which to this point in these discussions your posts have forwarded that proposition have been the subject of negative criticism and disparagement, however no criticism or disparagement has been directed toward your person - a distinction the conceptualization of which may come to you irrespective of and irrelevant to maturity.

In the meanwhile, do feel free to pout if it makes you feel better.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:42 pm
Quote:
kate, if you were to bother to chase the links as provided above by Neo and myself, its just possible you might find yourself somewhat illuminated in the matter of the question here at discussion.

timber your very first post to me is riddled in assumption and condescension...pls read it again slowly or just pretend that you werent writing it in just that tone or context.......and lol......."pouting" no not hardly im just stating its silly for some of you guys (yourself included) to be rude to others........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:46 pm
timberlandko wrote:
kate, if you were to bother to chase the links as provided above by Neo and myself, its just possible you might find yourself somewhat illuminated in the matter of the question here at discussion.

This is the Big Bird's first post to you. It assumes nothing which is not implicit in your first post, which reads:

Quote:
I have never heard of a church of nazarene but maybe they got their views from the nazarites of the bible....Sampson and John the baptist were both Nazarites (having taken a certain vow) they couldnt cut their hair, drink alcohol or touch dead animals....im sure there was more to the vow but i can't remember........

You posted that after both Neo and the Big Bird had posted useful links with information on the Nazarenes. It is neither assumes anything nor condescends. After all, it is evident from your first post both that you knew nothing about the Nazarenes at the time you posted, nor had you read the links provided.

The offense you took you chose to take, it was not offered to you.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:53 pm
kate, I submit that if any re-reading might be efficatious in interest of disambiguating the issue centrally at play in this current digression, it perhaps best would apply in respect to your re-reading of my most recent previous post in this discussion.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 12:54 pm
setanta why not scroll up and read the next post i made to his remark that i read the links........i couldnt get into the links at that time and was just basing my post on what i knew.......no assumption was necessary.......a simply posed question would have been enough.....and furthermore those links that i was able to get in later,in no way answered my initial question..except to shed some light on the church of nazarene today...it was neo that later answered my question as to their possible link with that of the nazarites of the bible...and he did it without any assumptions or condescension...
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:05 pm
timber and i submit we just let it go...bc this will just go on and on with you think you werent being condescending or assuming and me seeing it differently ........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:06 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
setanta why not scroll up and read the next post i made to his remark that i read the links........i couldnt get into the links at that time and was just basing my post on what i knew.......no assumption was necessary.......a simply posed question would have been enough.....and furthermore those links that i was able to get in later,in no way answered my initial question..except to shed some light on the church of nazarene today...it was neo that later answered my question as to their possible link with that of the nazarites of the bible...and he did it without any assumptions or condescension...

The Big Bird responded to your initial post without assumption or condescension. It appears to me that all that is going on here is that you can't handle criticism well, and are unwilling to publicly admit your ignorance.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:08 pm
http://www.tropicalfruitshop.com/images/tangerine-lg.gif
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:12 pm
Laughing Good'un, Dys Laughing
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:16 pm
setanta it was assumption to say "if you had bothered to chase the links..." i did in fact bother to and couldnt get into it at the time....and if you would read the first post i made i outright claimed my ignorance of the church of nazarite...bc i didnt have any idea as to who they were.....lol.......im not so prideful that i cant admit when i dont know enough on a certain subject....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:22 pm
There was more than one link--there is also the internet at large. Rather than rushing in with an assumption, which is what YOU did, and attempting to make a silly claim about Nazarites, you might have done a little research yourself to learn what and who the Nazarenes are.

Compared to how i would have excoriated you if had cared enough to take notice of your typical sectarian ignorance and condescension, the Big Bird's post was the very soul of discretion and courtesy.

Where do you get off responding out of your ignorance and arrongance to a legitimate question by another member when it is so painfully obvious that you don't know what the Hell you're talking about? What right have you to respond to the member's question with assumption and condescension, the more so when you are so abyssmally ignorant of the topic of discussion?

There--that's the kind of post you claimed the Big Bird made, when in fact, he was courteous enough not to have rubbed your nose in your own expressed ignorance, assumption and condescension to the initial post.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:30 pm
I once told another fine lady that if you wish to have everyone agree with you, preach to the choir; but if you wish to see the flaws in your arguments, post here. Then you may learn how to improve your rhetorical skill.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:34 pm
setanta first off...i was initially responding to hermana questions...i didnt know anything about them as i said....and secondly i was just posing a question as to their possible link with the biblical nazarites.....i dont see how that shows condescension...nor do i see how my response to his apparent condescension and assumptions show i was doing the same....
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:34 pm
neo good point if one is willing to admit their own flaws....
0 Replies