What is a Nazarene?

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:38 pm
Sometimes you have to invoke Formosa's Law; but I try to do it only in the most extereme cases.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:41 pm
"The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it"

that one neo? lol........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:42 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
setanta first off...i was initially responding to hermana questions...i didnt know anything about them as i said....and secondly i was just posing a question as to their possible link with the biblical nazarites.....i dont see how that shows condescension...nor do i see how my response to his apparent condescension and assumptions show i was doing the same....

Where to start . . .

You're not very good at this sort of thing. I was providing you an example of precisely what you were claimed the Big Bird was doing. Actually, i considered that your initial post was simply ignorant, not condescending nor entailing assumptions--but i wanted you to see just how absurd your accusations were by turning them around on you.

I should have known better--it didn't work because of an apparently lack of reading comprehension on your part.

Neo, you're like a kid with a new toy with that Formosa's law nonsense--Kate isn't certifiable, just ignorant and less than coherent . . .
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:44 pm
One who brings a favorite toy to the playground only to be dismayed should the other kids play with it has not thought things through sufficiently as to immunize that one's self against self-engineered dissapointment.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:47 pm
Boing! Ya got me Set. I discovered it as an additional find when researching Godwin's Law. But that is the point of what I was trying to get across about how the board is a learning experience.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:49 pm
The Jargon file is even more interesting, although you'll have to dig to learn about it. But i'd bet Wikipedia can tell you all about it, or what they claim is all about it.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:49 pm
dyslexia wrote:
http://www.tropicalfruitshop.com/images/tangerine-lg.gif

Funny--I was wondering the same thing. Now I fear I've strayed in my ignorance into the second coming of the Hundred Years War!
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:50 pm
Quote:
Compared to how i would have excoriated you if had cared enough to take notice of your typical sectarian ignorance and condescension, the Big Bird's post was the very soul of discretion and courtesy.

still dont see where my "supposed" condescension was? maybe its you that is lacking in the comprehension department since you have initially said i was using condescension then back peddled......and yes i got your example of rudeness...have seen it quite a few times........
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:52 pm
and neo was the formosa's law comment in reference to me?? lol
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:55 pm
Your condescension was a product of your ignorance--your supposition that the original post could only refer to something of which you had heard, but not something of which you are actually ignornant.

Since you showed up at this site, you have run around spewing scripture, and telling everyone what it means, and attempting to peddle your particularist view of what scripture means and of what religious truth is. Then something like this comes along, and you display such monumental ignorance as not to have known that there is a Church of the Nazarene.

That rather beggars the notion that anyone should take you seriously as a religious oracle.

Oh, and is this an example of what you mean about me being rude? I certainly hope so--whacko religious know-it-alls disgust me, and i always hope to have an opportunity to be rude to them. As my mealy-mouthed christian mother used to say, offer it up to Jesus as a lesson in humility.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:00 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
and neo was the formosa's law comment in reference to me?? lol
Have I stopped responding to your posts? I believe I have only invoked such law once. Of course I hadn't discovered it in it's succinctly expressed form until a few days ago.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:02 pm
Oh, and thank you, Set, for the jargon file. How could I not know of it?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:09 pm
kate4christ03 wrote:
I still dont see where my "supposed" condescension was? maybe its you that is lacking in the comprehension department since you have initially said i was using condescension then back peddled......and yes i got your example of rudeness...have seen it quite a few times........

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4100/quitdigging4jc.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:15 pm
Hard for me to believe there is a "rudness) thread and I'm not actively participating. Damn!
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:16 pm
setanta i never made the supposition that the church of nazarene originated from that of the nazarites of the bible....i threw in the word "maybe" bc i didnt know...and further posts show that i see there is no correlation....

Quote:
Since you showed up at this site, you have run around spewing scripture, and telling everyone what it means, and attempting to peddle your particularist view of what scripture means and of what religious truth is

last time i checked this is a religious forum and i can give my opinion on scriptures when i want to.....and last time i checked this is also a debate forum where anyone can give their view on certain scriptures and spiritual truth and most on here do exactly what i do....since i've come on here all i've seen you do is ridicule those with religious beliefs and judge and attack others.....and my ignorance on a particular church (there are so many) in no way puts into question my views on scripture....i never claimed to be an expert on religion or even the different sects of christian denominations....ive even stated bf that i know the bible but im still learning.......
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:18 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Hard for me to believe there is a "rudness) thread and I'm not actively participating. Damn!
HAHA! You hit a wrong key and didn't get time to edit.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:19 pm
see now i cant be cool and put any pics up bc i dont know how to do that yet lol........... Very Happy
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:19 pm
bitches
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:23 pm
Just go to any site that has pictures, right click on one that you want and copy the properties. Then click on the image link above the text box and paste. It's fun. Here's a neat avatar

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/dolphins.gif
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 02:30 pm
thanks neo........
0 Replies