Bill O'Reilly is Crazy Like a Fox

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:04 pm
Setanta,

When you quoted me, I was speaking generally, not specifically in correlation with anyone.

In theory of discussion and dialogue in general.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:05 pm
Now, back to the topic at hand......................
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:07 pm
I am not a PETARD!

-Keeg
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:08 pm
Bill O'Reilly is crazy like a fox........right?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:09 pm
What you posit as "theory" is a non sequitur, unless and until you also posit that there has been a personal attack on you. If you deny ever having contended such, than what i quoted previously is a tendencious and puerile attempt to spark an exchange of guttersnipe quips by suggesting what you now deny--i find your technique tedious and disingenous. You also wrote:

Quote:
I enjoy dialogue, in fact, I enjoy debate, although, personal attacks iced with layers of egoism doesn't thrill me.
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:10 pm
That particular quote was in reference to the spunkmeister Al Franken himself.

You are so sensitive.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:10 pm
A petard is an explosive device. The expression "hoist on his own petard" means that the individual in question set out to blow someone up, but blew himself up instead. I'll stand by my characterization of your attempts to pick a fight here. When you come to an intellectual gun fight, you need to be packing heat--sharp, pointy sticks ain't gonna make it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:11 pm
Keegan, you talk out of both sides of your face.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:11 pm
If you were referring Al Franken, you ought to have made as much clear--refer once again to my advice about arming yourself with stick to attend a gun fight.
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:12 pm
Inigo: You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you
The Masked Man: You seem a decent fellow, I hate to die.

Setanta, I am not at odds with you, unless it is your blade that I feel in the center of my back.

-Keeg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:13 pm
Ooh, Setanta has a nice new friend.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:14 pm
Would you like a timeout so that you can locate your 'A' game, Keeg?

Hey, it's hardball in here. I was a conservative when I first logged in, just like you... Shocked Rolling Eyes :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:14 pm
Oh, now you've been stabbed in the back . . .

Ah, poor, betrayed Mercutio . . .

http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/ruinkai/spidereekA.gif

Poor, innocent lad, came looking for some harmless fun, and fell afoul of a nest of vipers . . .
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:15 pm
Snood, just taking lessons from the liberals.

I certainly not speak out of both sides of my face, instead I mix satire with my points in attempts to bring other points full circle by presenting psychology from a different light.

It is clear that comedy and serious discussion do not mix well. One really should choose, one or the other. Although, many often do not, because there is no real ramification for doing so in a strongly utilitarian egoist society.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:17 pm
Cloudings and misinterpretations on your part Setanta does in no way make my points any less relevant.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:21 pm
Setanta assumed that I really didn't know what petard meant.

Come on, you are going to have to get a little hint of the satire mixed into my postings Setanta or we will continue to be out of sync.

*grin*

Everyone knows John-Luke Petard was Captain of the USS Enterprize.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:22 pm
Re: Al Franken - Down Syndrome Chimp/Alfred E. Newman Mix...
I've seen you spew diatribe against those with whom you have assumed in advance you will not agree, from your first post in this thread. That neither clouds nor misrepresents:

Keegan wrote:
One of the problems with Liberals/Democrats is that they assume they know what all conservatives think. They also usually argue issues, by countering a question with a question and avoiding topics entirely.

My biggest gripe concerning our legislative body is that they have not passed a law legalizing the public execution of democrats yet.

I think most left wingers/liberals/democrats are a waste of space.

When I was a kid, I wondered why my Grandfather, a respected farmer in the midwest USA, who is now passed on, said "Damn the Democrats.". When I got older, moved to New York for a few years, got into the whole melting pot, and figured out what makes these people tick, it didn't take me long to figure it out.

They play for votes of the uninformed masses, catering politically usually to the slothful and soakers of society for their votes. I think most liberals are free ride ticket holders. Most of them really could care less about the common man or the less fortunate while they reside in their plush upper east side apartments, talking about the Clintons of the world.
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:24 pm
Ahhh that is your first mistake Setanta, assuming that I thought those of you on this forum would be in opposition to those views.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:25 pm
Then that was your first, and worst mistake . . .
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:26 pm
Touche' no mistake at all Setanta.

-Keeg
0 Replies