Bill O'Reilly is Crazy Like a Fox

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:15 am
I see you also set to work on your zipper
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:34 am
Levi 501's have buttons, not zippers. i eschew technology that is beyond my ken. My 8-track player still goes kachunk every 11 minutes.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:45 am
At garage sales around here, one can still find 8 track tapes. They are usually still on the table at day's end.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:51 am
I'd go as high as $1 US for a mint condition Donnie & Marie 8-track.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:13 am
Found it for you dyslexia, not one but TWO still sealed Donnie and Marie eight tracks, at www.ebay.com auction number 2537105553.

Bid up to only 3 dollars so far......

Imagine the smell of pheremones wafting through your Gremlin and the glassy eyed look of passion on your dates' face when you slip that baby in......(the tape of course) :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:15 am
OMG i've been found out Wink
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:19 am
Setanta wrote:
Ah spring time, when the air fills with the gentle lilt of non sequitur . . .

Setanta: perhaps you didn't read Snood's post before yours & mine, the first one I read this morning, the one about boundaries? My post was NOT a non sequitur!
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:24 am
Lola wrote:
Our new friend Keeg is rather like a nice sized peice of silly putty..........fun to play with but lacking in complexity.

"Uncle Toming" is, in my opinion, not within bounds.

Thank you, Lola, for the support . . . interesting that only the females seem to 'get it' around here, huh?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:27 am
sweetcomplication wrote:
I don't believe the remarks included any stupid, painful, degrading stereotypes, Setanta.

Keegan wrote:
One of the problems with Liberals/Democrats is that they assume they know what all conservatives think. They also usually argue issues, by countering a question with a question and avoiding topics entirely.

My biggest gripe concerning our legislative body is that they have not passed a law legalizing the public execution of democrats yet.

I think most left wingers/liberals/democrats are a waste of space.

When I was a kid, I wondered why my Grandfather, a respected farmer in the midwest USA, who is now passed on, said "Damn the Democrats.". When I got older, moved to New York for a few years, got into the whole melting pot, and figured out what makes these people tick, it didn't take me long to figure it out.

They play for votes of the uninformed masses, catering politically usually to the slothful and soakers of society for their votes. I think most liberals are free ride ticket holders. Most of them really could care less about the common man or the less fortunate while they reside in their plush upper east side apartments, talking about the Clintons of the world.

Hello, anybody home?

Your comment about an elderly white woman in Beverly Hills is of a type with Keegan's hateful spew. Little wonder that you see nothing to criticize in his post.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:31 am
God forbid you say anything non PC in here. Then again, while I dislike Snood, I'm not gonna call him on his choice of avatars.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:35 am
Embarrassed sorry, of course they did, however, there is a borderline and he crossed it. As for my 'cosmic joke' allusion, it was a joke to try to ease my strong feelings written in my post. Now, if I had said Snood is a cracker or a honky or an ofay, you could take me to task. Help, Lola, help!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:41 am
Never mind Boss, i've no desire to pick a fight with you. Keegan came here, i'd say, looking to pick a fight. His implication that Snood is an "Uncle Tom" was over the top, even given the tenor of his previous posts. Don't lose any sleep over the guy, he added nothing to the discussion at hand, and he did his level best to start trouble. Frankly, i don't agree with or care for the opinions i've seen you post here. I don't consider that a justification for characterizing you in an insulting manner. I believe, although i may be wrong, that this is not in your character, either.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:50 am
Thanks, Setanta, I sincerely appreciate that last post Cool !
0 Replies

Hawley Martins

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:55 am
O'Reilly a Conservative??
A few things,

Is Bill O'Reilly really a conservative? I know he's a Republican but I always assumed he was a moderate. I mean, didn't he come out lambasting the Religious Right a while back regarding homosexuality??

Also, I don't know what's up with Bill lying about the Peabody awards, but he seems like an arrogant guy, so I guess I can believe it. Franken seemed to take it all really seriously, though. I mean Clinton lied about things as well but nobody really cared about that, why does Franken care so much about O'Reilly's stupid lie (exageration?). I agree lies should be exposed, though, I just think sometimes people (including on this board) take politics too personally. Like when George Clooney mocked Charlton Heston's alzeimer's and then said that Heston "deserves whatever he gets" because he is the president of the NRA, as if Heston was not even human! I think because liberal people especially are led so much by their emotions that they really believe those who disagree with them politically are evil!! You'll never hear a conservative claiming that Democrats are "waging war on (pick a group of people)" but liberals say the Republicans are "waging war on children" "trying to starve the next generation" etc. every week it seems. Why is this? Has anyone else noticed this?

No flaming, please, I'm trying to be a nice guy here, just paticipating in the dialogue. . . .

The Third Man
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 11:05 am
Hawley_Martins wrote:
I think because liberal people especially are led so much by their emotions that they really believe those who disagree with them politically are evil!! You'll never hear a conservative claiming that Democrats are "waging war on (pick a group of people)" but liberals say the Republicans are "waging war on children" "trying to starve the next generation" etc. every week it seems.

Fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances, there, Boss. I've heard some very vile things said, publicly, about Hillary Clinton and Janet Reno. Conservatives try to claim that Liberals are bent on "teaching" homosexuality in the schools--this kind of crap get exchanged by the more intemperate people on both sides of the issues. If you only notice the things said by Liberals to which you object, and fail to take notice of the things which Conservatives say which are justifiably characterized as objectionable, then of course you can convince yourself that Liberals behave less civilly, less reasonably, than Conservatives. Fact of the matter is, there are civil, decent people on both sides, and there are hateful, vicious people on both sides. Your own prejudices are showing here, Boss . . .
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:05 pm
I took my reference from a professional critic of literature.

Those were his paraphrased words.

If you can't deal with the mainstream without taking offense, maybe you are overly sensitive.

If you want to be more informed, instead of assuming things based upon what I said, why don't you read some about Ralph Ellison and then start making your assumptions.

It isn't my fault that you are uninformed. It is not in my lacking that you cannot make your own educated discernments.

It seems to me many of you are blindsighted and tinged against the conservative side anyway. Nothing will change that, not me, not any conservative. I think many of you are pretty shallow, being that you make implications in what I say, instead of taking it at face value.

I didn't come to this forum in opposition to a people group necessarily, as I wanted to open discussion. Yes, I opened with a firing statement, but as I am human, I am allowed to express anger through satire as well. Just as Al Franken does so often.

-Keeg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:23 pm
Hawley, Welcome to A2K. It seems you were properly baptized into A2K. c.i.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:31 pm
one seldom gets the answers one seeks by shooting first and asking the questions later.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:32 pm
Keegan and Hawley, you might be interested in the results of this A2K poll.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7819&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:57 pm
Keegan wrote:
LOL surely you can do better than that.

*grin*

Snood, It is funny that you quote an author that wrote about sex-obsessed characters who are mostly Uncle Toming to make it and fighting each other.

Hmmm coincedence? Doubt it.

-Keeg

<bold mine>

Even if conceded to you that the review about Ellison was "mainstream", the insinuating commentary afterward was pure bile, pure personal attack, pure you. At least have the balls not to be dishonest about your intentions. It's okay. it can't possibly lower anyone's opinion of you at this point.
0 Replies