Bill O'Reilly is Crazy Like a Fox

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:32 pm
Oh, I see. A Polk vs. Peabody. Not being a broadcaster myself, I'm guessing that one is probably better than the other?

I imagine there is alot of water under O'Reilly's bridge since 1996. Surprised he remembered he won something.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:34 pm
I voted "nuts, mostly." Completely insane, taken literally, is too harsh, but crazy like a fox isn't it either. Any ass-kissing loudmouth can get a TV show these days (it seems), and so I hesitate to give him too much credit.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 01:26 pm
C-SPAN will rebroadcast the feud at 5:30 p.m.--that's PM--this Sunday.

Or you can go to my post on pg. 2 of this thread and watch it now.

"Crazy like a Fox" leads 4-3.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 06:20 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Oh, I see. A Polk vs. Peabody. Not being a broadcaster myself, I'm guessing that one is probably better than the other?

I imagine there is alot of water under O'Reilly's bridge since 1996. Surprised he remembered he won something.

Alas, O'Reilly left "Inside Edition" in 1995 -- the year before the show did its George Polk Award-winning exposé on insurance-industry exploitation of poor people.

So, he can't even claim credit for any of that, either.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:34 am
Interesting. No rejoinders from the right, to make the case that this is all trumped up? I must say, if this is true about Oreilly - that he would try to pass off the lie that he earned a prestigious award for journalism, I hope he's made to answer publicly for it. He's always gotten such mileage out of promoting the image of himself as "honest, working-class roots, hero of the masses"; this would be supremely well-earned egg on that smug face.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 04:42 pm
This is really amusing - you'd think, as wildly popular as Shill Unruly is, there'd be one voice rising in defense of him. But I'll take this deafening silence as acknowledgement that the idiot has been proven a shallow, self-aggrandizing liar by the "peabody" revelation, and leave it at that.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 10:56 pm
Just to clarify: the program will re-air Sunday @ 5:30p Eastern/2:30p Pacific and it will be on C-Span II.

BTW, Snood, I believe 'Shill Unruly' has revealed himself to be a shallow, self-aggrandizing liar long before the Peabody event!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:56 pm
I watched it - and taped it. I'm a Franken fan for life, now. In the phone-in segment he and Molly Ivins did after, he said "I believe bullies need to be taken on." And among other less flattering things, Bill O'Reilly is definitely a verbal bully.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:23 pm
I already was a Franken fan for life and this program pointed out one more reason why. Al also said that there are times when you have to stand up for your beliefs, that we on the left have taken it and taken it and we just aren't going to anymore. Also very interesting is the liberal radio network which he is trying to put together. The FCC ruling was just terrifying and I'm so pleased to see someone standing up and fighting for a "fair and balanced" liberal network of stations. Until then, everyone, please don't forget about the Pacifica network; includes KPFA in Berkeley and WBAI in NYC.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:06 am
mark
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:11 am
I'm here, back later
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 12:25 pm
Al Franken - Down Syndrome Chimp/Alfred E. Newman Mix...
It is funny that Al Franken made fun of Rush Limbaugh for his weight, coming from a guy that looks like a buck toothed cross between Alfred E. Newman on Mad Magazine covers and a Down Syndrome Chimpanze.

I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough and Doggone It, People Like Me. Yupp, just keep telling yourself that Al. Keep telling yourself that.

One of the problems with Liberals/Democrats is that they assume they know what all conservatives think. They also usually argue issues, by countering a question with a question and avoiding topics entirely.

My biggest gripe concerning our legislative body is that they have not passed a law legalizing the public execution of democrats yet.

I think most left wingers/liberals/democrats are a waste of space.

When I was a kid, I wondered why my Grandfather, a respected farmer in the midwest USA, who is now passed on, said "Damn the Democrats.". When I got older, moved to New York for a few years, got into the whole melting pot, and figured out what makes these people tick, it didn't take me long to figure it out.

They play for votes of the uninformed masses, catering politically usually to the slothful and soakers of society for their votes. I think most liberals are free ride ticket holders. Most of them really could care less about the common man or the less fortunate while they reside in their plush upper east side apartments, talking about the Clintons of the world.

Al Franken, I really used to think he was an awesome guy. I liked the comedy that he wrote, but in these later years, since he got more involved with political bashings and got interested in celebrity roasts, he has really become more of an assh*le than anything else. I can't believe he hasn't had his nose busted a couple of times by now.

Fillabustering needs to be kept in Congress, not on neutral television shows regarding new book discussions. It was pretty lame of Al to go on and on. And if I were Bill I would have been angry too. Keep in mind, Bill didn't say a word for twenty long minutes while Al Franken was making attacks on him. Twenty minutes beyond his original 15 minutes. Have you ever been on hold on the phone for longer than a minute? Now imagine someone making direct attacks on you for 35 minutes. And you can say that you wouldn't be beside yourself in anger?

Bill O'Reilly, he is one of the good guys. Al Franken needs to rethink his politics.

-Keegan
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 12:40 pm
Keegan

Just read your last post.

You don't write for O'Reilly, do you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 12:58 pm
Ah, a charming new poster. Rather reminiscent of our erstwhile friend, Scipio . . . hmmmmmmmm . . . i wonder . . .
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:01 pm
No I am new to the forum, and I am just a 30 year old guy, not a writer... Just a guy...

Nice to meet you all.

-Keeg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:01 pm
to paraphrase Keegan one of the problems with conservatives/republicans is that they assume they think.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:02 pm
I stink, therefore i yam . . .
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:12 pm
Dyslexia, that has to be one of the weakest attempts at an insult that I have ever seen.

-Keeg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:17 pm
just trying to stay in tune here.
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:23 pm
It always cracks me up when people take quick jabs without much content to back up their reasonings. Flames and forum trolling can only be acknowledged for so long.

I have only posted on forums for a few months. It never really interested me before.

What I have discovered is that if you are going to take jabs at other posters, then at least give the common courtesy of backing up your blanket insults with some specific examples to give them weight. Otherwise they seem pretty fruitless.

Also, please excuse me for sounding like some sort of expert on forum discussion or debates. I am not an expert, semi-expert, or even a novice expert. The views above are just my humble opinions. And they hold no more value or relevance than anyone elses opinions on this forum, or any other forum for that matter.

I guess I am just trying to say, generally, that if you give some reference or specific examples to back up your comments, usually it does seem to give weight to your point and give you a little more merit in your point.

Then again, persuading someone to see your perspective through a forum discussion, from what I have seen, is usually nearly impossible.

To each their own.

-Keeg
0 Replies