Bill O'Reilly is Crazy Like a Fox

PDiddie

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 12:12 pm
Mine, c.i.

Did you read the first post in the thread?

That's how I arrive at the conclusion posited in the title.

JMHO, of course...
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 12:58 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Shoot, I'm gonna be in Tulsa and probably nowhere a TV at the time. I've been Franken fan since before I even knew he was political.

And O'Reilly may be (actually, is) completely objectionable, but I don't think he's insane. He's making a ton of money from his act...

D'Art: say it isn't so! (1) insanity is a legal term, not a psychological one; so, perhaps, this thread should have been entitled "Bill O'Reilly is Completely Nuts" or something, nevertheless give it a break; and

(2) "sanity" = making 'tons of money' to you'? - I repeat, say it isn't so, say it isn't so . . . Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:11 pm
Howard Hughes? nuts or insane?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:13 pm
Well, I don't equate earning tons of money with mental health. I may have been taking the words "completely insane" too literally. Anyone who's completely insane couldn't hold down a job as a ranting Fox News commentator.

And I do sometimes wonder if O'Reilly's schtick isn't a well-rehearsed act to provide raw meat to the conservative horde. If so, he's pretty clever...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:18 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Howard Hughes? nuts or insane?

Mmmmmm....clinical.

Anyone who fantasizes about being a Wild West gunslinger, slaying his 'enemies'...well, maybe that IS just nuts...
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:35 pm
just us folks say "nuts"

lawyers say "insane"

mental health workers assign "diagnoses"

how about both + also crazy mother fu**ers?

BUT, let's not call the whole thing off Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:39 pm
I don't actually think Billy is either nuts nor insane. I think he is just the last version of B.T. Barnum seeing a sucker born every minute and wanting his $.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:44 pm
quiet right, dys; I should have added captialist pig to my list - apolgies Exclamation
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 01:53 pm
I'm with Dys.

Also, I think Bill has become boring. His shows remind me of Monday Night Football. MNF seems unable to concentrate on the football game at hand -- and most shows seem to direct an inordinate amount of attention to Monday Night Football as a television event.

Bill O'Reilly use to have a decent show (allthough it may be that it only seemed that way when I first started to watch it) -- but now it has become about Bill O'Reilly.

To anyone still watching it: S U C K E R S !!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 04:15 pm
If I had to sit there and basically be roasted by a half assed SNL comedy skit I'd wanna shoot somebody too.

Al Franken is an idiot, no matter what you think of O'Reilly.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 04:38 pm
Al Franken is a pretty bright guy...Bill O'reilly is a talking head GWB and ratings suck up
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 04:45 pm
D'art, Sorta like my opinion about Billy. He can't be all crazy, making the big bucks. Maybe, crazy like a fox. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:09 pm
A really bright guy? Is that why he sat there bobbing his head around like a chimpanzee everytime O'Reilly tried to speak?

What childlike, unprofessional behaviour. Comedic, perhaps.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:13 pm
OK, bowing to consensus and acknowledging my own bit of hyperbole, I have revised the title and added a poll.

The polls results will determine the future title of the thread.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:15 pm
Good. Thanks, PDiddie. I've cast my ballot!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:17 pm
cjhsa wrote:
A really bright guy? Is that why he sat there bobbing his head around like a chimpanzee everytime O'Reilly tried to speak?

What childlike, unprofessional behaviour. Comedic, perhaps.

Just curious. Do you have any reaction at all to the allegation that O'Reilly tried to slide by the lie that he'd won a Peabody?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:23 pm
Snood, I didn't see that part and I'm not watching the whole thing, it's coming through horribly slow. Who created the lie about the Peabody? Was it O'Reilly himself or his handlers? If the latter, did O'Reilly go along with it?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:27 pm
Review of Al Franken's Book about Rush
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:28 pm
There's a bunch of links on Bill O'Reilly and the Peabody Award fiasco on Google. Here's one: http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/oreilly-sucks/peabodyfacts.htm c.i.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 05:29 pm
cj, if you will go back in this thread to Mr. Stillwater's post (pg 2) you'll have your answer.
0 Replies