historicity of Jesus

Intrepid

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:40 pm
neologist wrote:
Eorl wrote:
AM, If I were you, I'd ignore any taunting and just make your points without reacting to the negativity. That way, they lose the power you are giving them by your reactions. Personally, I admire the courage of your continued forays into the lion's den.
Yeah, what you said.

Yeah, what they said.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:42 pm
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/11.gif on Intrepid's cheek!
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:55 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Don't know what the heck 2 Opinions 9:26 is but if you'll go back a few posts you'll see I admitted I was wrong calling Setanta any name other than his userid.

get it? its 2 (second) Opinions, like a bible verse, but its not......Second Opinions.....ahhh screw it
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:10 pm
I got it, EpiNirvana. Actually, it made me smile as it was humorous.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:37 pm
Quote:
get it? its 2 (second) Opinions, like a bible verse, but its not......Second Opinions.....ahhh screw it

Actually Epi, I kind of thought you might be making a funny but I hate to assume anything. It gets me in trouble. Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 11:48 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
...I hate to assume anything.

That would be difficult to discern by the evidence provided through the content and context of your contributions to these discussions.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:00 am
Gee thanx Timber. Feel good to get a cheap shot in there?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:03 am
Assume what you will.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:05 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Gee thanx Timber. Feel good to get a cheap shot in there?

A cheap shot, or an astute observation?
Do you not assume god exists, and does not your entire worldview stem from this assumption? Of course..farbeit from you to ever be dishonest.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:07 am
And that was so predictable it wasn't funny. Ok, then why did you post that? What was the purpose, Timber? Did you do it to make me feel better? Did you do it because it was a loving thing to do? Did you feel like getting things riled up again after they had calmed down? Il apologize for my assumption. But please, tell me why you posted that?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:09 am
Because it seemed appropriate to the circumstance.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:15 am
What is it with some of you? What? So what if I have a belief in God. What business is it of yours? Doktor S, do I demean you because you are a Satanist? Timber, do I demean you for anything? I actually can't believe you did that Timber. You've always been a gentleman and never appeared to me to be the type to provoke in any way.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:20 am
Assume what you will.
0 Replies

Angel Heart

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:50 am
Hello Arella Mae Glad to see a christian sister on here.. May God Will Be Done..Love ya.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:54 am
Angel Heart! Glad to see you too sis! Mighty glad to see you! Love you too!

Hey everyone, meet my friend, Angel Heart. Oh, and by the way, a few more of my friends will be dropping by to say hello. Laughing
0 Replies

Angel Heart

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:55 am
Pain In Full
Paid In Full

After living what I felt was a "decent" life, my time on earth came to the end.

The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a court house.

The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat by the defense table.

As I looked around I saw the "prosecutor." He was a villainous looking gent who snarled as he stared at me. He definitely was the most evil person I have ever seen.

I sat down and looked to my left and there sat My Attorney, a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed so familiar to me, I felt I knew Him.

The corner door flew open and there appeared the Judge in full flowing robes.

He commanded an awesome presence as He moved across the room I couldn't take my eyes off of Him.

As He took His seat behind the bench, He said, "Let us begin."

The prosecutor rose and said, "My name is Satan and I am here to show you why this man belongs in hell."

He proceeded to tell of lies that I told, things that I stole, and In the past when I cheated others.

Satan told of other horrible Perversions that were once in my life and the more he spoke, the further down in my seat I sank.

I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own Attorney, as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely forgotten about.

As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was equally upset at My Attorney who sat there silently not Offering any form of defense at all.

I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some good in my life -- couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I'd done?

Satan finished with a fury and said, "This man belongs in hell, he is guilty of all that I have charged and there is not a person who can prove otherwise."

When it was His turn, My Attorney first asked if He might approach the bench.

The Judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan, and beckoned Him to come forward.

As He got up and started walking, I was able to see Him in His full splendor and majesty.

I realized why He seemed so familiar; this was Jesus representing me, my Lord and my Savior.

He stopped at the bench and softly said to the Judge, "Hi, Dad," and then He turned to address the court.

"Satan was correct in saying that this man had sinned, I won't deny any of these allegations.

And, yes, the wage of sin is death, and this man deserves to be punished."

Jesus took a deep breath and turned to His Father with outstretched arms and proclaimed, "However, I died on the cross so that this person might have eternal life and he has accepted Me as his Savior, so he is Mine."

My Lord continued with, "His name is written in the book of life and no one can snatch him from Me.

Satan still does not understand yet. This man is not to be given justice, but rather mercy."

As Jesus sat down,

He quietly paused, looked at His Father and said, "There is nothing else that needs to be done.

I've done it all."

The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down. The following words bellowed from His lips..

"This man is free."

The penalty for him has already been paid in full.

Case dismissed."

As my Lord led me away, I could hear Satan ranting and raving, "I won't give up, I will win the next one." I asked Jesus as He gave me my instructions where to go next, "Have you ever lost a case?"

Christ lovingly smiled and said,

"Everyone that has come to Me and asked Me to represent them has received the same verdict as you,

~Paid In Full~
0 Replies

Brendon

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 01:15 am
why?
[/B] Greetings'' Guess Who? Shocked
0 Replies

Brendon

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 01:19 am
dunno
Hello Arella: & Angels

Athiest Peasents you too a greetings
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 01:37 am
Laughing Hello right flank and left flank re-inforcements !!
0 Replies

God4life

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 01:45 am
hey
hey there!! i just want to let you know i lovefellowshippin with you and i enjoy our chats...you are truly a women of God and i know He works in your life...thankyou for blessing with your friendship...God Bless love you
~*Jenny*~
0 Replies