historicity of Jesus

Doktor S

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:06 pm
real life wrote:

According to Setanta and others, Christians were so insignificant as to be hardly noticed at all by the Romans.

Aside from the seemingly obvious fact that 'Setanta and others' do not speak for me, thereby making your whole reply a specious dodge, it seems you are missing something here. Yes, the christian cult, as it was in its early days was probably nothing special, one cult among many. That is beside the point. What I am saying is if the spectacular events that comprise the bible, and in particular the 'thrill-a-minute' life of the putative jeebus had actually happened, there would probably be all kinds of records of them. If not all kinds, at least trace evidence. We have neither, only the writings of the cult members themselves. Hardly compelling.

Quote:

Are they insignificant, or are they important enough that Roman historians should have taken note?

Therein lies the problem. If the bible were true, history would have noticed. It didn't.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:16 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
When are some of you going to understand and just accept that it is not about proof and that it is about faith?

I would go so far as to say that if Jesus Himself appeared in front of some of you it wouldn't matter. Look how many He appeared in front of that didn't know Him. It's not about proof PERIOD. Laughing

Yes, the answer is obviously intellectual abstinence.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:20 pm
You know, Doktor S, people might not take so much offense at you claiming to be a Satanist and pointing that and your rude behaviort out if you started acting like a decent human being, which you did when you first came to A2K. C-L-I-C-K!!!http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4274/remotecontrolgt2.jpg!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:22 pm
I suspect this is just another MOAN lie--but it will be interesting to see if she leaves never to return.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:33 pm
OK LET ME TYPE THIS REALLY SLOW FOR YOU SETANTA!!!! DO NOT CALL ME MOAN! YOU DO IT TO OFFEND ME AND YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS THAT YOU DO! I HAVE ASKED YOU OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO NOT DO IT! YOU ONLY PROVE YOURSELF A BULLY THAT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T MIND ATTACKING A WOMAN ONE BIT!

Forgot to use this last time!
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4274/remotecontrolgt2.jpg
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:46 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
You know, Doktor S, people might not take so much offense at you claiming to be a Satanist and pointing that and your rude behaviort out if you started acting like a decent human being, which you did when you first came to A2K. C-L-I-C-K!!!http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4274/remotecontrolgt2.jpg!

Being that your definition of 'decent human being' is rooted in and inseparable from the christian ethos, which I by and large reject wholesale, the fact I do not meet your qualifications is quite pleasing to me indeed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:50 pm
You're hilariously inept MOAN . . . it doesn't matter how slowly you type something (don't forget, adverbs modify verbs, and slow is an adjective), all that matter is the click when you post it.

You keep posting that remote control nonsense and typing "click," but you keep coming back for more. You got wet panties for satanists, too?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:00 pm
Setanta,

Look, I'm sick of you and your nastiness. You treat me and others like dirt and you do it on purpose. I'll click you a million times if I choose to do so. I ask you and ask you to stop calling me MOAN. I ask you and ask you to please stop being so nasty. And when I finally have had enough and stand up to you and tell you to pretty much stuff it, you keep making disgusting sexual comments, which I am reporting. Now, please just leave me alone. You leave me and alone, I'll leave you alone and the world will be a much better place.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:03 pm
You find sex disgusting? How sad for you.

Your histrionics are meaningless, you're shadow boxing.

But if that's what trips your trigger, MOAN, help yourself.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:08 pm
One of the good things about this forum is that it allows folks to speak directly, albeit without some of the polite niceties we might employ in person.

Frankly, I believe that when applied intelligently it can bring about a greater understanding of each other's point of view. You just have to understand that what other members are posting is not about you. It is about the issue.

At least I think so. . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:15 pm
Neo,

Sorry, that dog don't hunt either. What I said to Setanta and Dyslexia has nothing to do with the issue. It has everything to do with them. And I will never believe them calling me MOAN over and over again has anything to do with anything other than they do it because they are being nasty and they know I don't like them doing it. I just don't think either of them are brave enough to stand up and admit it. I hope I'm wrong about that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:17 pm
Why not just refer to them as SetMatchGame and Dysphoria?

I believe I have done that before, and with relish.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:19 pm
Sorry Neo. I can't justify calling them anything other than their userids. I did it to give Setanta a dose of his own medicine but it's still not right for me to do it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:20 pm
Don't you want to have fun?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:23 pm
Sure I do. If I'm doing something wrong though, that is not fun.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:29 pm
AM, If I were you, I'd ignore any taunting and just make your points without reacting to the negativity. That way, they lose the power you are giving them by your reactions. Personally, I admire the courage of your continued forays into the lion's den.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:31 pm
Eorl wrote:
AM, If I were you, I'd ignore any taunting and just make your points without reacting to the negativity. That way, they lose the power you are giving them by your reactions. Personally, I admire the courage of your continued forays into the lion's den.
Yeah, what you said.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:32 pm
Thanx guys. I'm a redhead, what can I say?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:38 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Sure I do. If I'm doing something wrong though, that is not fun.

Do unto others as they do unto you. 2 Opinions 9:26
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:39 pm
Don't know what the heck 2 Opinions 9:26 is but if you'll go back a few posts you'll see I admitted I was wrong calling Setanta any name other than his userid.
0 Replies