What Are The Chances?

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:07 pm
Exitmusic--

Quote:
Is that too late?

The sooner you know, the sooner you'll have peace of mind.

If you are pregnant--and you may not be--the earlier the abortion, the better.

Thinking positively, you may get your period before Friday. How long have you been having your periods?
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:22 pm
I've had my period since I was 10. I've never missed one before. And I was supposed to start 5 days ago. I would be over with my period by now if I would have started when I was supposed to.

You can't take a pregnacy test until after six weeks of conception can you?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
Yes, you can take a pregnancy test the first missed day of your period. But take it with you first morning urine. The hormone is strongest then and your test will be more acurate. I'd just go to a drug store and buy a test and put your mind at ease.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:03 pm
Quote:
You and your boyfriend should check out:

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/birthcont.htm

This Planned Parenthood site has much information including where your nearest Planned Parenthood clinic is.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/index.htm

I was having sex back in my teens without wanting my parents to know. I had very little education regarding safe sex. Take the great advice you were given here and educate yourself before you are faced with this fear again.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:04 pm
Exitmusic--

Have you ever been under this much pressure before? Stress can delay the menses. Back in the days of "had to get married" there were a lot of late periods, hasty marriages and false alarms.

I assume that you live Somewhere in Suburbia and can't walk to a drugstore?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:35 pm
Friday will not be too late. Sooner would be better, but only for your peace of mind, not because it will impact the result.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:37 pm
Quote:
Have you ever been under this much pressure before? Stress can delay the menses. Back in the days of "had to get married" there were a lot of late periods, hasty marriages and false alarms.

I assume that you live Somewhere in Suburbia and can't walk to a drugstore?

No I haven't been under this much stess before. But that woulden't cause me to completly miss a period would it? I mean I would think it's safe to say that I've missed it.

I have considered walking, but I live in the South--There is a drug store but it's much to far to walk to.
My cousin is going to get me one Friday anyway.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:49 pm
No, you haven't missed a period. You are five days late. If you go a full 28 day cycle without starting your period, then you will have missed one. Stress can certainly make you late to start. Two weeks late is not uncommon for a girl who is worried about being pregnant. Get the test (Friday is fine, sooner is better), take the test, get some real answers about whether or not you are pregnant and take it from there.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:57 pm
Exitmusic--

Is your bf still being supportive? Does he know anyone who could take him to the drugstore? Somce upi twp are a couple, obviously you'd rather he didn't delegate buying a Rregnancy Testing Kit to someone else.

Don't feel tarnished. You haven't been wicked--just lacking in foresight.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 05:08 pm
Oh no, he's being very supportive. He has been thinking of ways how he could get one by his friends or brother, and other things of that matter. But my cousin came through, so he wont have to.

I'm not exactly clear on what you mean by this...

Quote:
Somce upi twp are a couple, obviously you'd rather he didn't delegate buying a Rregnancy Testing Kit to someone else.

0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 05:13 pm
Exitmusic--

Excuse my sloppy typing. I should have crossed the room for my glasses.

Quote:
Somce upi twp are a couple, obviously you'd rather he didn't delegate buying a Rregnancy Testing Kit to someone else.

Translation: Since you two are a couple, obviously you'd rather that he didn't ask his mother--or anyone else--to drive him to the drugstore for a pregnancy kit.

You mention feeling slutty and soiled--tarnished is a less provocative word. Sex isn't wicked, but enjoying sex without risking pregnancy takes some planning.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 05:27 pm
Your cousin came through meaning.... what, exactly? Did she get you a pregnancy test? If so, are you going to take it tomorrow morning?
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 06:22 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

You mention feeling slutty and soiled--tarnished is a less provocative word. Sex isn't wicked, but enjoying sex without risking pregnancy takes some planning.

Oh well I just don't want anyone to think badly of me, because I'm really not a whore... If you've been dating for 7 months your going to want to please the other person by doing other things.

Quote:
Your cousin came through meaning.... what, exactly? Did she get you a pregnancy test? If so, are you going to take it tomorrow morning?

I meant that she's going to buy my one.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:53 pm
exitmusic7 wrote:

No I haven't been under this much stess before. But that woulden't cause me to completly miss a period would it? I mean I would think it's safe to say that I've missed it.

Yes it can.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:55 pm
exitmusic7 wrote:
Doesn't sperm die as soon as it hits the air though?

No.

It can only live for about an hour but it doesn't die on contact with air.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:33 pm
I talked to my mom, not about the whole pregnancy thing. But I told her that I wanted birth control.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 07:17 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
exitmusic7 wrote:
Doesn't sperm die as soon as it hits the air though?

No.

It can only live for about an hour but it doesn't die on contact with air.

Of the 5-10 million sperm cells that could be present, remember that 99.9% could be DEAD, and the remainder very much alive and ready to fertilize available eggs.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 07:19 pm
exitmusic7 wrote:
I talked to my mom, not about the whole pregnancy thing. But I told her that I wanted birth control.

You need to talk to your mother, right now and not wait any longer. !4 is too young to be a mother .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 09:18 pm
She needs to do a pregnancy test, with or without her mother!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:59 am
I have an aunt who became a mother at 14. Now she's 59 and a great-grandmother!
0 Replies