What Are The Chances?

exitmusic7

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:20 am
material girl wrote:
How old are you exit?

I am 14. But don't look at that as whory. I'm really not, it was the first time I have ever done something like that. And I feel ashamed now.

Miller wrote:
Have you discussed your problems with your mother?

No, I haven't and I'm not going to unless for some odd reason I turn out to be pregnant.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:22 am
exitmusic wrote

Quote:
I am 14. But don't look at that as whory. I'm really not, it was the first time I have ever done something like that. And I feel ashamed now.

Don't feel ashamed, nobody thinks your "whory". Just one of those things that you get up to when your 14. I don't think anybody here judges like that.

x
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:39 am
exitmusic7 wrote:
material girl wrote:
How old are you exit?

Miller wrote:
Have you discussed your problems with your mother?

No, I haven't and I'm not going to unless for some odd reason I turn out to be pregnant.

NO WAY does anybody think of you as whory!!DONT YOU EVER FEEL ASHAMED.Us girls have a touh enough time as it is.
Names like that are given to girls by INSECURE guys.
Its a shame that even at my age(31)being called names like that still hurt me.

Have to admit I dont think Id tell my mum stuff that Ive got up to,I never have, but I know I could go to her if id ever had a reason to worry.
I hope it doesnt come to that exit.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:21 pm
Exitmusic--

Quote:

The Puritans and Evolution agree that sexual contact is for making babies.

The part that the Puritans miss--and Evolution engineered--is that sex is a lot of fun.

You've done nothing to be ashamed of. The word for your emotion is chagrin. Answers.com gives this definition:

Quote:
A keen feeling of mental unease, as of annoyance or embarrassment, caused by failure, disappointment, or a disconcerting event.

Your session of mutual masterbation sounds to me like more of an ordeal that a wonderful, scrap-book worthy, passionate interlude. I don't know whether you and your b/f were motivated by curiousity or by a yen to be One Up on the other kids in your age group--or even whether you and your boyfriend had the same motivation.

Sex--both good sex and disappointing sex--is usually a sweaty, messy business. If you're worried about getting pregnant--or just anxious to keep your hair out of the way--you won't enjoy mutual masterbation or any other sexual activity.

Next time--and you deserve a next time--be prepared. Your boyfriend should have condoms. You should have some way to tie your hair back out of the way. You should have guaranteed privacy.

Also, you should both be yearning and aching for intimate contact. Smacking body parts together just because everyone else says that they are smacking body parts together is a really, really dumb idea.

High fashion and modern media dramas are built around sexual tension. This doesn't mean that you, personally, are in a state of constant sexual tension.

Getting organized about love-making isn't unromantic. Getting organized about love-making is mature. Teenagers shouldn't have babies.

Take care.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:08 pm
And lets add one more detail...

Even with a blowjob, use protection! You can get an STD in your mouth...so remember that the next time you go down on your boyfriend. He may be the same age, but its a practice to live by...at some point you'll change boyfriends and not know his history.

Let me add this, that everyone you come into intimate, unprotected sexual contact with, you are basically having sex with every partner they have had, and their partners and so on for the last 5 years....so thats a big risk you take without protection.

Quote:
The primary risk of oral sex involves coming in direct contact with vaginal or seminal fluids that can transmit HIV or sexually transmitted infections. While not as risky as unprotected anal or vaginal sex, it is still possible to get STIs from having unprotected oral sex. The risk to contract HIV and other STIs is much lower for the receiver than the person performing the act. For the person performing the act, the risk of transmission is much lower if gums are healthy and if semen or vaginal fluids do not enter the mouth. However, such preventative measures aren't always enough to prevent infection since you may have cuts or ulcers in your mouth that you may not be aware of. There is no pregnancy risk associated with oral sex - women cannot get pregnant by swallowing semen.

Quote:
Herpes can be transmitted from genitals to mouth or mouth to genitals during unprotected oral sex.

Quote:
While not always listed as an oral sex risk, experts have seen a recent increase in the number of gonorrhea infections of the throat. Exposure to vaginal or seminal fluids infected with gonorrhea are the cause of these infections

Protective measures:
Quote:
Using effective barrier methods such as condoms or latex dental dams. In the absence of barrier methods, men should avoid ejaculating in their partners' mouths.
Being aware of sores, discharge, or unpleasant odors from your partner's genitals - signs to avoid oral sex.
Not flossing and brushing teeth before oral sex. It might give you better breath, but it may also tear the lining of the mouth, increasing the exposure to viruses.
Avoiding aggressive and deep thrusting in oral sex, which can damage throat tissues and increase susceptibility for throat-based gonorrhea, herpes and abrasions
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:22 pm
It is possible for you to get pregnant with the encounter you described - if you're a rabbit! You really have nothing to worry about.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:36 pm
Exitmusic--

Quote:
It's not like I didn't enjoy it. It would have been a scrap-book worthy if I would have never thought that I could be pregnant. We were motivated because we love each other and we want to make each other feel good, not because of what other teens are doing it at this age.

Good.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:58 pm
*THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT "Noddy24" WAS REPLYING TO. THE OTHER ONE GOT DELTETED*

makemeshiver33 wrote:
And lets add one more detail...

Even with a blowjob, use protection! You can get an STD in your mouth...so remember that the next time you go down on your boyfriend. He may be the same age, but its a practice to live by...at some point you'll change boyfriends and not know his history.

Let me add this, that everyone you come into intimate, unprotected sexual contact with, you are basically having sex with every partner they have had, and their partners and so on for the last 5 years....so thats a big risk you take without protection.

Quote:
The primary risk of oral sex involves coming in direct contact with vaginal or seminal fluids that can transmit HIV or sexually transmitted infections. While not as risky as unprotected anal or vaginal sex, it is still possible to get STIs from having unprotected oral sex. The risk to contract HIV and other STIs is much lower for the receiver than the person performing the act. For the person performing the act, the risk of transmission is much lower if gums are healthy and if semen or vaginal fluids do not enter the mouth. However, such preventative measures aren't always enough to prevent infection since you may have cuts or ulcers in your mouth that you may not be aware of. There is no pregnancy risk associated with oral sex - women cannot get pregnant by swallowing semen.

Quote:
Herpes can be transmitted from genitals to mouth or mouth to genitals during unprotected oral sex.

Quote:
While not always listed as an oral sex risk, experts have seen a recent increase in the number of gonorrhea infections of the throat. Exposure to vaginal or seminal fluids infected with gonorrhea are the cause of these infections

Protective measures:
Quote:
Using effective barrier methods such as condoms or latex dental dams. In the absence of barrier methods, men should avoid ejaculating in their partners' mouths.
Being aware of sores, discharge, or unpleasant odors from your partner's genitals - signs to avoid oral sex.
Not flossing and brushing teeth before oral sex. It might give you better breath, but it may also tear the lining of the mouth, increasing the exposure to viruses.
Avoiding aggressive and deep thrusting in oral sex, which can damage throat tissues and increase susceptibility for throat-based gonorrhea, herpes and abrasions

He's not my age he's 15 turning 16 and I almost 15. And he hasn't done anything like that either so it was his first time too. I'm 100% positive that he doesn't have an STD.

Noddy24 wrote:
Your session of mutual masterbation sounds to me like more of an ordeal than a wonderful, scrap-book worthy, passionate interlude. I don't know whether you and your b/f were motivated by curiousity or by a yen to be One Up on the other kids in your age group--or even whether you and your boyfriend had the same motivation.

It's not like I didn't enjoy it. It would have been a scrap-book worthy if I would have never thought that I could be pregnant. We were motivated because we love each other and we want to make each other feel good, not because of what other teens are doing it at this age.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:17 pm
Well I should have started my period 4 days ago...

I guess I am pregnant, huh?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:36 pm
Exitmusic--

Before you panic get a home pregnancy kit, read the directions and take the test.

Also, consider confiding in your mother. She won't be delighted to have a potential (but not proven) grandbaby on the way, but whether or not you are pregnant you have to do some planning for the future and your mother has far more experience in nitty-gritty details than you do.

Abortions, motherhood and safe sex all require planning.

Stress can delay a period--and you've had more than the normal Back To School Stress in the last few weeks.

Don't get into a dither until you're sure you have something to dither about.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:41 pm
exitmusic7 wrote:
Well I should have started my period 4 days ago...

I guess I am pregnant, huh?

Probably not.

So many things can make your period late.

Are your periods always exactly the same days apart?
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:49 pm
No they aren't always on the exact day I count them to be on but they have never been this late before...

And the thing is I didn't even have sex.

I just really don't know what to do.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 09:05 pm
Ah, but you did have sex!

Regardless of what you have heard, oral sex IS sex. "Sex" is not limited to penetration. Just because it isn't vaginal or anal sex doesn't mean it isn't sex. You can still get pregnant (admittedly, rarely!) or get STDs that way. So...it IS sex.

I agree with the others. The combination of starting a new school routine and the natural anxiety you've been feeling about all this could easily cause you to be late. But that's not very helpful, is it. You need to set your mind at ease. Get a home pregnancy test. If you don't have a friend with a driver's license who can take you to the store to buy one, bite the bullet and ask your mother.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:15 am
Well I just want to be sure before I tell my parents...
But I'm not having a child.
If I get her to get me birth control, will that cause me not to be pregnant anymore? I'm thinking that's right. But that's my plan so far.
And I'm getting my cousin to go and get me a pregnancy test

Everyone is going to think badly of me now..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:44 am
No, birth control prevents pregnancy but doesn't stop one.

The chances are low that you are pregnant, but the only way to find out is to do a pregnancy test. Use the first morning urine to do the test as that's when the concentration of HCG is the highest. If it's negative then chances are you will start your period shortly after seeing the negative result. Stress does some pretty wild things to your cycle.

I don't know who the 'everyone' is in your post, but I certainly don't think badly of you.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:05 am
Birth Control will not stop a pregnancy, but if you plan to remain sexually active you've got a choice between birth control and motherhood.

You and your boyfriend should check out:

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/birthcont.htm

This Planned Parenthood site has much information including where your nearest Planned Parenthood clinic is.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/index.htm

Question for you to think about: Why is it acceptable for you and your bf to have sex--as long as your parents don't know about it?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:32 am
exitmusic7 wrote:
Well I just want to be sure before I tell my parents...
But I'm not having a child.
If I get her to get me birth control, will that cause me not to be pregnant anymore? I'm thinking that's right. But that's my plan so far.
And I'm getting my cousin to go and get me a pregnancy test

Everyone is going to think badly of me now..

If you don't want to be pregnant any more, it means getting an abortion. Don't try to actively "lose" a pregnancy. If it turns out you are pregnant and don't want to be so any more, go to a clinic and get it done properly.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:22 pm
Doesn't sperm die as soon as it hits the air though?

How much money are abortions?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:51 pm
Exitmusic--

The cost of abortions depends on how far advanced the pregnancy is and whether or not you have medical insurance.

Your local Planned Parenthood clinic can help answer questions like that. They would have information about the laws in your state.

In most states it is illegal for anyone under 18 to have an abortion without parental consent. Any adult who helps you obtain an abortion without the consent of your parents can be in B-I-G legal trouble.

If you are pregnant and afraid to face your parents alone, Planned Parenthood will help you talk to them.

Did your cousin pick up a pregnancy test yet? You must establish whether or not you are pregnant before you can make any plans.
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:56 pm
Yeah I talked to her today she coulden't today or any other day because she has to work but she said she would Friday.

Is that too late?

So sperm does die when it hits the air?
0 Replies