What Are The Chances?

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 01:26 pm
My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months now. I figured it would be okay to step it up a notch. So I let him finger me. I gave him a blow job too. When I was giving him a blow job I had to keep my hair back so he was masturbating to keep his penis up but he didn't do it much because he said it was dry and it hurt to do that to himself. But he did cum I think I swallowed the pre-cum but there wasn't alot of it. But when he went to masturbate he could have gotten sperm on this hand. I'm 85% sure of it. But I wasn't thinking and he fingered me again.
So could I get pregnant because of that? If there was any cum on his hand he said he wiped it off on his pants or something. But still sperm is microscopic and it could still be on his hands.
So, his hand was dry, he didn't go far up there, and there wasn't alot of cum. Should I have anything to worry about? Because I have been and I'm really starting to freak out. I've cried myself to sleep the last 2 nights. If I were to be pregnant this would really screw up my life. I'm only a teenager. And I know I shoulden't have been doing that in the first place. I really need advice, please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,404 • Replies: 101
No top replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 01:37 pm
Ew!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:04 pm
From the sounds of it - very unlikely. I am no doctor though. I never heard of anyone getting pregnant from having sperm on their hand, reaching inside and then resulting in a pregnancy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:27 pm
Exitmusic--

You sound as thought the physical intimacy has been more trouble than pleasure.

I doubt very much that you're pregnant, but sperm are damnably mobile. When is your period due?

There is nothing wrong with heavy petting and mutual masterbation--as long as you put Birth Control ahead of wild, passionate romance. If you can't trust your partner to cooperate about Birth Control, perhaps you should find another partner.

How is he reacting to this possibility of pregnancy? If you haven't shared your fears, why not?
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:26 pm
My period is due in about 3 weeks. This happened 4 days ago and my period was a week ahead of that.

My boyfriend is being very helpful with this situation. Everytime I talk to him he puts me at ease. He feels like he is the one to blame, but he's not.
He keeps calling to check up on me to see how I'm feeling. I know he's scared too, but he's hiding it very well.

I've heard you can't get pregnant 8 days after your period. Is this true or a rumor?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:42 pm
hello, exitmusic7, welcome to A2K.

A number of things have to happen in order to get pregnant. First, there has to be a fertile egg available, second there has to be viable sperm nearby to impregnate the fertile egg. Most women ovulate sometime around the middle of their menstrual cycle, but there are no absolutes, and it is possible to ovulate more than once during a cycle. If this happened around day 7 or 8 of your cycle (calling the day you started your period as day 1) then it is unlikely that there was an egg available at the time. Sperm, if present, start to die off right away, but can survive and be viable for up to 3 or 4 days in the vagina. From the sounds of it, there is little chance that your boyfriend's sperm was ever present in your vagina, and even if it was, there is very little chance there was an egg available to meet the sperm or that there will be viable sperm at the time you ovulate.

One thing is certain, you need to use protection every time you have sex of any kind.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:47 pm
It's false.

The chances aren't as good but they do exist.

Sperm can be maddenly resilient.

You get pregnant because you're ovulating (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovulation#A_closer_look_at_the_process ) and sperm meets egg. However, at least according to Go Ask Alice, sperm can live for up to 5 days (http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0797.html ). I had heard 2 weeks but I am having trouble confirming that.

So, let's say you finish your period on the 1st, this incident occurs on the 9th and the sperm live for 5 days. Well, guess what?! It's possible that you ovulated somewhere in there. So conception is possible. I'm not saying likely, I am just saying that it is not impossible.

And, ovulation rates vary. It might be 14 days after your period in March, 13 days after in April and 15 days after in May. Add that to the sperm lifetime thing and yes, you can get pregnant 8 days after your period. This is a big part of why the rhythm method does not work well. See: http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/contraception/contraception_rhythm.html

You can get a home pregnancy test and check. If it's embarrassing to buy one, well, it's going to be a lot more difficult to fess up to your folks if you turn out to be pregnant (I doubt that you are, but this is a good time to be taking the guesswork out of things and knowing once and for all).

One thing I'm going to suggest to you, whether you take a home pregnancy test or not, or wait until your period or whatever, is to take this as a lesson and a warning. Consider it a bullet that you and your boyfriend have dodged and do your best to never get yourself into this situation ever again. As for your saying that your boyfriend was not responsible, that is incorrect. It takes two to tango; you would both be equally responsible. But the good news is, you can learn from this experience.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:53 pm
Two critical variables to consider relative to the sperm are:

density of the sperm in the sample
motility + viability of the sperm once, in utero

While it's possible that you're pregnant, I certainly wouldn't bet money on it. It's not very likely, but I'd check this info out with a
woman GYN.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:56 pm
I have certainly done much worse several thousand times without impregnating the female. Don't worry your pretty little head over this sordid thing.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:58 pm
Dry sperm quickly die. Shocked
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 07:44 pm
I'm still having some of the symtoms though...
Like frequent urination, bloating, and fatigue. Maybe it's all going to my head?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 07:50 pm
Most definately. You'll be amazed at the symptoms you'll psych yourself into over the next three weeks. In fact, you'll probably psych yourself into being late for your next cycle. The only thing you can do now is wait. If you're late for your next period by more than a couple days, buy an over-the-counter pregnancy test and take it. It's easy.

In the meantime - remember, as you become more sexually advanced in your relationship, you are the only one in this partnership who can get pregnant. Take precautions, no matter where you are in your cycle, and no matter what type of sexual activity you are involved in.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:02 pm
I have never heard of a blow job and dried cum resulting in a child. Relax.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:08 am
Please let us know when the decorators are in.

x
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:24 am
exitmusic7 wrote:
I'm still having some of the symtoms though...
Like frequent urination, bloating, and fatigue. Maybe it's all going to my head?

If those are pregnancy symptoms then Im pregnant!!! and I havnt had sex for years!!

From what Ive read,I wouldnt worry too much.But i hope its enough to scare you into using contraception when you have sex.
By the way, you are allowed to do what yuo have been doing, dont feel bad or guilty.
I dont know how old you are but Im sure what you have been doing is much preferable than having unprotected sex.

In conclusion-When you have sex(and there is no rush or pressure from anyone to do it)use condoms and get yourself on the pill.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:37 am
I would have to agree with previous posters that there is a theoretical chance that you are pregnant as a result of the acts you described, but it is extremely unlikely.
So, relax and wait for your next period (it will be the first time, you are glad to be menstruating Very Happy )
0 Replies

exitmusic7

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:45 am
Haha...True, true.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:10 am
How old are you exit?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:10 am
Have you discussed your problems with your mother?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:13 am
Just do a bunch of jumping jacks. That's what I tell my girlfriends to do, and I only have like, seven kids.
0 Replies