Should I expose a cheater?

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:28 pm
Re: I had an affair without my consent
anp380 wrote:
Quote:
My advice on what to do? Nothing at this point - put this episode behind you and move on with your life. What do you hope to gain by telling his family?
(His poor wife should know the kind of man she is married to)

No, that's what you think she will gain. Knowledge that her husband is a class A jerk. She will also gain the opportunity to be tested and treated for chlamydia. What do you hope to gain?

Is there really no reporting and follow-up of STD exposures in the UK?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:33 pm
Re: I had an affair without my consent
anp380 wrote:
i think he has other girls on the go. Because if they are so in love then who gave him the STD.

Chlamydia is more often than not a silent infection. Most people with chlamydia do not seek treatment because they do not know they are infected. He might have easily gotten it from his wife. Why do you assume it came from someone outside the marriage?

Quote:
Chlamydia is the most frequently reported bacterial sexually transmitted infection in the United States. More than 650,000 cases were reported in 1999, and three of every four reported cases occurred in persons under age 25. Under-reporting is substantial because most people with chlamydia are not aware of their infections and do not seek testing. An estimated 3 million Americans are infected with chlamydia each year. Chlamydia is so common in young women that, by age 30, 50% of sexually active women have evidence that they have had chlamydia at some time during their lives.
Source
0 Replies

anp380

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 02:37 am
Quote:
Chlamydia is more often than not a silent infection. Most people with chlamydia do not seek treatment because they do not know they are infected. He might have easily gotten it from his wife. Why do you assume it came from someone outside the marriage?

Well most of the time that i was with him a girl would call he up often. He would put her on loud speaker and she would ask him why he sounds different, and why would this girl keep calling and arguing with him if they slept together 5 years ago? He kept teling me of girls always calling him a player and he can't unerstand why.
Quote:

So where did he get it from?? Perhaps i'm a bit dim?
Quote:
No, that's what you think she will gain. Knowledge that her husband is a class A jerk. She will also gain the opportunity to be tested and treated for chlamydia. What do you hope to gain?

I'm not sure if i am gonna go through with all this, i am still hurt i guess. I want him to hurt as much as me thats all. Why is he getting away with it. I can't trust men now and i feel that all men are cheats. I felt like his sex toy.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:23 am
No, I doubt you're dim, just not realising the possibility that the source of his infection might be his wife. I don't know who he got it from, but unless the wife was a virgin when they married and he's the only sexual partner she's ever had, then there's no way of telling which of them brought the infection to the relationship.

I know you're hurt, and I understand that you have trust issues as a result of this, but how would telling his wife improve your trust issues?
0 Replies

anp380

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:32 am
I know but i guess i will leave him and her to deal with their own issues. Like i said it makes it hard for me to meet and trust any man. I stil bump into him here and there and, i am still frends with his family. So now what??
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:53 am
So now you know that you did the right thing by breaking it off with him as soon as you found out he is married. You can hold your head high and look any of these people in the eye when you see them. He's a jerk, but that doesn't mean all men are jerks. Your pain is still raw and it's hard to think past this experience to the next one, but there will be a next one. You might be a bit more cautious or skeptical but I think you'll be able to trust again in time.

If you run into him occasionally, you might do humanity a favor and let him know that he should get his chlamydia treated so that he doesn't continue to spread an STD.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 01:43 pm
Anp--

Welcome to A2K.

Quote:
I'm not sure if i am gonna go through with all this, i am still hurt i guess. I want him to hurt as much as me thats all. Why is he getting away with it. I can't trust men now and i feel that all men are cheats. I felt like his sex toy.

I think your ex-husband has to take some of the responsibility for your feeling that all men are cheats.

I'm guessing that you've been enticed into at least two separate relationships with two charming men and been badly burned twice.

According to this STD site:

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Chlamydia/STDFact-Chlamydia.htm#complications

Chlamydia is a disease with consequences.

Quote:
In women, untreated infection can spread into the uterus or fallopian tubes and cause pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). This happens in up to 40 percent of women with untreated chlamydia. PID can cause permanent damage to the fallopian tubes, uterus, and surrounding tissues. The damage can lead to chronic pelvic pain, infertility, and potentially fatal ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus). Women infected with chlamydia are up to five times more likely to become infected with HIV, if exposed.

Have you been treated for chlamydia?

Are you absolutely sure that the UK has no system for notifying sexual problems of STD infection? To my mind letting the doctor's office or the clinic pass on the relevant information to your former lover and his wife and possibly to his other partners is a good idea.

Even if notification of partners isn't required, would the clinic or doctor's office notify your contacts if you requested this?
0 Replies

anp380

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:17 pm
Quote:
If you run into him occasionally, you might do humanity a favor and let him know that he should get his chlamydia treated so that he doesn't continue to spread an STD.

I told he as soon as i found out so from my local clinic. He also has been treated so i have done my bit, as to his wife i don't know. He has lied so much that i don't know what the truth is. He even lied about where he lives. Anyways such is life.
0 Replies

anp380

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:23 pm
Quote:
I think your ex-husband has to take some of the responsibility for your feeling that all men are cheats.

I'm guessing that you've been enticed into at least two separate relationships with two charming men and been badly burned twice.

He is not my husband, he was my so called boyfriend but then found out that he was married. Like i said he and i have been treated so am done.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:30 pm
Anp--

I thought you told him you were divorced? Are you then never-married?
0 Replies

anp380

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:48 pm
Quote:
I thought you told him you were divorced? Are you then never-married?

I was married but not anymore. This guy am talking about was my first boyfriend after my divorce.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 01:07 pm
Anp--

I'm glad that is clarified. I meant that both your ex-husband and your ex-"boyfriend" treated you badly. They are both responsible for your present suspicion and lack of trust.
0 Replies