okay so maybe i am a little bit immoral and selfish but...

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:30 pm
This (in my mind) is now a classic A2k/Abuzz sidetrack and relationship discussion. This is precisely why I'm glad I'm back here.

Carry on, guys and gals! Sure hope that the author comes back for some comments, too.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:31 pm
J_B wrote:
JW, you're as entitled to be here as anyone, please don't feel otherwise.

I should only speak for myself. When it involves talking about sex I need to get out of the kitchen whenever I can't take the heat.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:34 pm
I got a little jumpy and know-it-all with tagged for precisely the reasons Soz didn't - she knows what she is doing, she doesn't care. That always gets me going to one degree or another.

Also, I'll be honest, tagged always has given me the impression that she comes from a well-off, rich, indulgent family.

Bias or whatever - if she were poor or had legit something some reason or excuse, I don't think I would reacted quite that way.

The possibility exists that she may never have to fully reap her concequences - having a nice cushioning that others never get the luxury of - and that pisses me off. Laughing

I can appreciate vulgarity in a certain form, not this. Just me, just me.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:46 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Don't you think Hilary stayed with Bill for the political advantage of doing so?
I've always thought so, but who knows, maybe she really loves the guy.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:47 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Had tagged wanted to submit this as a diary entry, then, as you point out, there's a diary thread for that. That she didn't indicates either that she wanted some sort of comment, or else that she wanted a good deal more attention

What nonsense. You are reading way too much into this. People start threads for any random chat.

Theres no rule like, you can only post diary-type posts in the diary thread or anything. The whole forum is like a blog to anyone. Everyone posts with different intentions.

Cant blame people for responding from X different angles then, too, but analysing what the poster must have been after (yes i know J_B, he didnt literally say "must") is... well, you'd easily get it wrong, specially if you never saw the person before. Let me put it that way.

Yeah this thread went way weird. What a mess.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:57 pm
Ah.
Well.

First of all, I'm enthused about more than the usual of us suspects being in the relationships forum, more voices.

Me, I've read, probably, all of Tagged Lyricist's threads, and pretty much like her. I like her because she's bright (oh, shitoneofmybiases is showing), open, exploratory, and I sort of fear for her too, speaking in terms of her instead of wife. We don't know the girlfriend is wife, or even the mother with the pram, but's let's just posit wife. It takes quite a bit to horrify me, re liasons. But, it was me that used the word futility. And me that mentioned love, but that that was another discussion.

My last or next to last, not memorizing here, post said something about Tagged's posts having an element of the frantic, and then I said something about coldness to others and herself. And that I didn't mean that to be condescending. (She took it as my saying she was insecure, not my point).

I pick these elements up because I recognize them from my sometime self.

On the wife, I am still in grief as one, and still not sorry for the one time I had a relationship with a married man long before my marriage. On italians, there's some good literature on the subject from italians, don't remember the short story titles this minute.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:00 pm
I don't think it's so weird...

she says, jadedly.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:04 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I wonder, if I may, if she's bipolar. I know a young manic-depressive woman who cannot pass up any opportunity when she's up, and can't enjoy any when she's down. I say this only because because Tagged's "enthusiasm" seems so immense.

Noting, respectfully, that you did already tag your own post as putting forth an "unwarranted suggestion", I am, however, still going to jump on this.

My excuse for doing so is just because its such a classic. Example, I mean - of something you'll come across noted in womens history and stuff (the 'ordinary people' type, not the best-and-brightest pioneers type).

Through much recent centuries, young men with a ferocious sexual appetite were considered, well, potent; women with an equal "enthusiasm" however, would be diagnosed. After all, their appetite had to signal that something was wrong with them.

I think that mindset hasnt wholly disappeared (though we might like to think otherwise).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:18 pm
I intimated somewhere in my posts that the verve for experience is a way of affirming "I am here". Having the verve in some episodic way may be a bipolarity indicator. Me, I had it mostly for a couple of intense years after I was desolate from a loss of love. Others can have it as part of routine maturation. Plus regular life can be vervy.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:23 pm
I really don't think tagged got flamed, but maybe I'm just not seeing it.

I think the problem with comparing this thread to one of Slappy's on picking up women is that you're ignoring the infidelity aspect. That's what got a negative response, not that tagged has a healthy appetite for sex (I don't think a reminder to use protection is ever a bad thing). Tagged has my sincerest congrats on having a fun and active sex life, and I think flushd, Chai, and anyone else who was critical would say the same-- but she deserves every bit of the disapproval she's gotten for sleeping with a married man.

And I too am glad to see some posters who don't generally come into this forum-- always interesting to have more voices and more p.o.v.'s.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:25 pm
J_B wrote:
JLNobody wrote:
Don't you think Hilary stayed with Bill for the political advantage of doing so?
I've always thought so, but who knows, maybe she really loves the guy.

By the way, yes.

Also, love is cru....el. But maybe there was some left.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:27 pm
Oh, ha! I just now noticed nimh is using that sig line!!

Oh, my sides hurt with the laughing...it's every bit as amusing as I thought it would be... Very Happy

Okay, back to topic now...<ahem> <still giggling, but trying to look serious>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:29 pm
sozobe wrote:
I think this thread wasn't started for any particular bragging sort of thing (at least not any more than "hey I got a new car!" or "hey I got a new dog!"), just sort of checking in and "hey this is what's going on with me these days" and starting a conversation.

This kind of thing -- checking in, sharing tidbits from life, talking about it -- happens rather a lot around here.

Exactly.

Like always, Soz explains what I was trying to say much better, in fewer words.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:31 pm
Nimh, I think your nonchalant attitude toward fidelity is a perfect example of the euro-gentrification of A2K. I am SOOOO calling you on it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
Tagged baby I'm late to the thread but I say go for it girl and don't worry!!!

Years from now when your tits and ass are sagging to the floor and you cooch is all stretchy and your face all jowly and even your husband can't get off without fantasizing he's with someone else you'll have your memories. God Bless and have fun while you can.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:41 pm
J_B wrote:
... and the concept that anyone does or doesn't belong on any forum or shouldn't respond to any thread really pisses me off.

and i'll note that i didnt actually ever say anything like that.

(noting your later addition that your comment "wasn't directed at [..] even Nimh exactly" (ahem, my emphasis))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:48 pm
JW, I've found you a fellow of wit as you post more (besides meeting you).. Please don't bow out of the kitchen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:55 pm
Uh. I bet I used the word bragadoccio (not looking back). I do think that was there. (Oh, have I ever told you about...)

But, so what?

We all comment, so what?

Some of the comments are righteous, but even those are sort of understanding. Tempest in fleshpot here.

The real argument has seemed to me to have moved to territory, even though the initial posts weren't territorial. And, whaddya call it, territory is a red herring.

Lobster bisque, anyone?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:58 pm
That was nice of you to say, osso, but I admit that I am puritanical. I even thought tagged lyricist was hoaxing us!

Also, I am glad to see nimh giving sozobe credit for being a "voice of reason".
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:59 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Nimh, I think your nonchalant attitude toward fidelity is a perfect example of the euro-gentrification of A2K. I am SOOOO calling you on it.

Yaaaay you got a smile outta me!! Razz Very Happy

That was funny <smiles>

Youre cool <g>
0 Replies