YAY!!!!!!

squinney

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:41 pm
Just so I've got this straight...

2 F-16's were sent to drop 500 pound bombs on al-Zarqawi's safe house on Wednesday evening.

Thursday morning we've cleared the rubble, found the body, gotten pictures, enlarged them, framed and matted them and have them ready to set up to break the news to the world.

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2006/06/08/imageb8545906-6a1f-426d-b3b5-7e339d29ef18.jpg

Is this correct?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:42 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
So you are denying what Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt and Col. Harvey are saying? You deny the existence of the Zarqawi psyops program? "These Power Point slides prepared for top U.S. commander in Iraq, General Casey, are startling, in that they show just how naked and calculating this deception of the American people was, listing the "home audience" as a major target of the propaganda effort." The Washington Post is lying about the propaganda effort"

Blue, I am still trying to figure out what McG is calling a conspiracy theory this time. Gee, this is only about the 6th or 7th time george has killed this man!

Even Poppy bu$h is getting sick of this crap. But never fear junior. McG will defend every stupid thing you do to his dying day!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:44 pm
squinney wrote:

2 F-16's were sent to drop 500 pound bombs on al-Zarqawi's safe house on Wednesday evening.

Thursday morning we've cleared the rubble, found the body, gotten pictures, enlarged them, framed and matted them and have them ready to set up to break the news to the world.

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2006/06/08/imageb8545906-6a1f-426d-b3b5-7e339d29ef18.jpg

Is this correct?

Yes. At 6:30pm Iraqi time. Someone took a snapshot on a digital camera and emailed them to the pentagon. I imagine they have color printers and they printed a digital image and sent it to Kinko's to have it framed.

Is that so hard to believe?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:47 pm
Well, I suppose if they are going to be efficient about something...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:50 pm
Re: YAY!!!!!!
McGentrix wrote:
AIRSTRIKE KILLS AL-ZARQAWI

What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

That's a wonderful way to wake up in the morning? I don't get it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:52 pm
Gala wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Well, I woke up, turned on the TV to the Today show as I do every morning and there were the headlines. It felt good to know he would not be beheading anyone else ever again and that we wouldn't have to suffer through any lengthy trial.

It really made my day.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:55 pm
McGentrix is gorged with bloodlust.... let him have his fun....
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:56 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Gala wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Well, I woke up, turned on the TV to the Today show as I do every morning and there were the headlines. It felt good to know he would not be beheading anyone else ever again and that we wouldn't have to suffer through any lengthy trial.

It really made my day.

Okay, I see your point. But wonderful?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:00 pm
Gala wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Gala wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

It really made my day.

Okay, I see your point. But wonderful?

Main Entry: won·der·ful
Pronunciation: 'w&n-d&r-f&l
Function: adjective
1 : exciting wonder : MARVELOUS, ASTONISHING <a sight wonderful to behold>
2 : unusually good : ADMIRABLE
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:03 pm
squinney wrote:

Is this correct?

You got it Squinney! Amazing isn't it? Two 500 lb bombs and the only thing that is intact is Zarqawi or at least his head! It's a miracle, I tell you! Praises be.

As expected all the network talking heads were having massive orgasms over the news. Tony Blair was giggling as he shared his feelings of great joy in the early morning hours. George came out and made a speech.... four words pause, four words pause, four words pause and the whole time his right foot was doing a tap dance. He could hardly contain himself.

One could almost see the words floating above his head..... "oh boy! My poll numbers are going up. Oh boy! Oh boy". Now they will love me again"!

Ho ho ho.... got news for you george. We never did love you and we damn sure ain't gonna love you now. It's just another murder!

Wonder if george is disappointed this evening. As the day wore on I actually heard one talking head use the lie word!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:04 pm
Quote:
It's just another murder!

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:26 pm
Zarqawi is dead and I feel good about it.

The Iraqi Press felt good about it too. So good, in fact, they applauded when the news was announced. Geez, I guess we really aren't teaching them what a Free press is all about.

The Iraqi government felt good about it.

By all accounts, the Iraqi people feel good about it.

Why wouldn't they?

Most of the people with whom I have spoken or who I have overheard in the DFW and Seattle airports, Lampreia in Seattle, and the Seattle Hilton hotel bar feel good about it. (As a matter of fact, I haven't met one person yet who isn't pleased with the outcome)

Why wouldn't they?

Of course the usual crowd will try and tell us that the man wasn't really killed, or that he never really existed or all sorts of other versions of a paranoid conspiracy theory.

Another reliable bunch will tell us that George Bush is just as bad or worse than Zarqawi. What this has to do with whether or not it is a good thing that Zarqawi is dead, is beyond me, but this is the same bunch that pans Bush no matter what the original issue. It's a reflex action. If the story was Zarqawi has come down with Aides the response would have been: "But George Bush is worse than Aides!"

Fortunately my pleasure over the demise of Zarqawi is not diminished by these naysayers.

It is a good thing whenever one of these bastards is taken out and this one was of a particularly vile variety. With al Qaeda in Iraq in disarray, we can only hope that Osama will feel compelled to use his cell phone more than usual and one of our Predators will find him and take him out too.

Of course if and when that happens we will be treated to:

"Bin Laden's been dead for three years now. The government was simply waiting for the best time to stage his death!"

"So what? Bush is worse than bin Laden!"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:04 pm
Laughing That is some good stuff, Finn.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:28 pm
Magginkat wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
So you are denying what Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt and Col. Harvey are saying? You deny the existence of the Zarqawi psyops program? "These Power Point slides prepared for top U.S. commander in Iraq, General Casey, are startling, in that they show just how naked and calculating this deception of the American people was, listing the "home audience" as a major target of the propaganda effort." The Washington Post is lying about the propaganda effort"

Blue, I am still trying to figure out what McG is calling a conspiracy theory this time. Gee, this is only about the 6th or 7th time george has killed this man!

Even Poppy bu$h is getting sick of this crap. But never fear junior. McG will defend every stupid thing you do to his dying day!

Just to be absolutely clear, you are asserting that Al-Zarqawi was not truly killed, and is still alive?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:00 pm
Hubub in Hibhib: The Timely Death of al-Zarqawi
Written by Chris Floyd
Thursday, 08 June 2006 http://tinyurl.com/ebt26

Abu Musab Saddam Osama al-Zarqawi, the extremely elusive if not entirely mythical terrorist mastermind responsible for every single insurgent action in Iraq except for the ones caused by the red-tailed devils in Iran or the stripey-tailed devils in Syria, has reportedly been killed in an airstrike in Hibhib, an area north of Baghdad, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki announced today.

Zarqawi, the notorious shape-shifter who, according to grainy video evidence, was able to regenerate lost limbs, speak in completely different accents, alter the contours of his bone structure and also suffered an unfortunate binge-and-purge weight problem which caused him to change sizes with almost every appearance, was head of an organization that quite fortuitously dubbed itself "Al Qaeda in Iraq" just around the time that the Bush Administration began changing its pretext for the conquest from "eliminating Iraq's [non-existent] weapons of mass destruction" to "fighting terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them over here."

The name change of the Zarqawi gang from its cumbersome original - "The Monotheism and Holy War Group" - to the more media-sexy "Qaeda" brand was thus a PR godsend for the Bush Administration, which was then able to associate the widespread native uprising against the Coalition occupation with the cave-dwelling dastards of the bin Laden organization. This proved an invaluable tool for the Pentagon's massive "psy-op" campaign against the American people, which was successful in sufficiently obscuring reality and defusing rising public concerns about what many experts have termed "the full-blown FUBAR" in Iraq until after the 2004 elections.

However, in the last year, even the reputed presence of a big stonking al Qaeda beheader guy roaming at will across the land has not prevented a catastrophic drop in support for President Bush in general and the war in Iraq in particular. Polls show that substantial majorities - even those still psy-oped into believing the conquest has something to do with fighting terrorism - are now saying that the war "is not worth it" and call for American forces to begin withdrawing.

With the Zarqawi theme thus producing diminishing returns, the Administration has had another stroke of unexpected luck with his reputed sudden demise. Moreover, the fact that Zarqawi was killed in a military action means that Mr. Bush will not have to cough up the $25 million reward placed on the head of the terrorist chieftain. That money will now be given to Mr. Bush's favorite charity, Upper-Class Twits Against the Inheritance Tax, an Administration spokesman said.

Despite its fortuitousness, the reputed death of the multi-legged brigand came as no real surprise. After all, approximately 376 of his "top lieutenants" had been killed or captured by Coalition forces in the past three years, according to press reports, and some 5,997 lower-ranking "al Qaeda terrorists" have been killed in innumerable operations during that same period, according to Pentagon press releases. With the widespread, on-going, much-publicized decimation of his group, Zarqawi had obviously been rendered isolated and ineffective - except of course for the relentless series of high-profile terrorist spectaculars he kept carrying out, according to other Pentagon press releases.

News of the reputed rub-out brought bipartisan praise. "This enormous victory in the War on Terror is due entirely to the courage and wisdom of the president," squealed Senate Majority Leader Lick Spittle of Tennessee. "He has seen us through when so many of the flag-burning destroyers of marriage wanted to cut and run. I think this president is the best president the world has ever seen, and if I am ever fortunate enough to be chosen as president by the American people - minus the three million or so whose votes will be discarded, lost, inadvertently mangled or just ignored, of course - I promise I'll be a president just like him!"

"We must give credit where credit is due," said Democratic Sen. Joe Biden, in a rare television appearance. "I have my differences with the way the Administration is conducting this war, but the elimination of Zarqawi is, I believe, a turning point, comparable to the capture of Saddam Hussein, the first Iraqi elections, the second Iraqi elections, the formation of the first Iraqi government and the formation of the second Iraqi government. This is not the end, or even the beginning of the end, but it is, I believe, the end of the beginning. And no, I didn't plagiarize that. I made it up my own self."

complete article at: http://tinyurl.com/ebt26
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:09 am
I'm still trying to figure out what the death of Zarqawi means (He died twice). I think the whole country is thinking the same thing;

"What does this even really mean?"

Everything weve been told from mainstream media, the Pentagon, the president and American intellegence has been almost 100% bullshit in one way or another.

And now this and it's like the country is in a state of "How are we supossed to react"?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 04:21 am
from Panzade's Atlantic piece (thanks)...
Quote:

from the NYTimes this morning...
Quote:
But the American officials themselves offered an immediate warning against overstating the impact that the death of Mr. Zarqawi, the most wanted insurgent in Iraq, would have on prospects that American and Iraqi forces can gain the upper hand in the conflict. Among other things, they said they expected Al Qaeda to name a successor to Mr. Zarqawi quickly from among his closest aides.
link
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 04:44 am
The first question to ask is "Where's Osama?" but let's belay that for a moment, this administration has for five years so why not us? So, what the next question? Who benefits the most and who losses the most? The answer is Iran. No, that is not a typo.

Zarqawi and his thugs were a good thing and a bad thing for Iran. He kept killing Iraqi Shi'a and that made them look to Iranian channels for support, that's bad for the dead Shi'a but good for Iran. He kept the US forces tied up trying to find him and that kept their focus off of Iran's nuke program. (You know, the real one, not the fakey made-up one that Saddam did not have.) Now that he's gone there going to be a lot more looking and sniffing going on, that's bad for Iran. Still, the Americans have done Iran a big favor by knocking him off, it makes the possibility of a really strong Shi'a Islamic Republic in Iraq almost a done deal. It will be like they are twins, Iraq and Iran.

Joe(Such good friends after all these years)Nation
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:12 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/AbushSnake.gif
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:14 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/ABushBinLaden.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/ABushChickenGeorge.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Magginkat/ABush.jpg
0 Replies