My first visit to the USA (2. Albuquerque)

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:30 pm
And who is the owner of the pink Birkenstocks? I recognize Osso, Roger, BBB (?), and Diane, but am not sure who Osso, Roger and BBB are looking at...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 07:59 pm
I believe Walter and Diane were unaware that the Unitarian Jihad is seldom so openly discussed, which would explain why the Prophet (PBUH) is wearing the pink Birkies.

Leave it to Walter to show the rest of the world that it is indeed possible to get a picture of Roger without being distracted by the glare from the back of the head.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:27 pm
First Gus: the drawing was done by a sidewalk artist at Coventry Garden when we were in London, visiting with Thomas, the McTags, the Steve's, Clary, Francis and Walter.

I noticed the artist and admired his work, asked Dys if he would mind having his portrait done, got an affirmative and the rest is part of the proud history of Great Britain. Dys was so unusual looking to the Brits that several gathered just to watch him and the artist. One woman even asked to take Bob's picture.

Now for Thomas: Just ask Dys about my surface calmness! There can be a burning fire underneath that calm exterior. I even vomited into his favorite moccassins one time. It was an exorcist kind of moment. Twisted Evil Also, I am quite shy even though it isn't always obvious. I was in such distinguished company in London that I sat there listening and feeling very much out of my league.

Now for Soz: The mystery person is our neighbor, Ann, who is a teacher of gifted children at a middle school here in Albuquerque. She and Walter hit it off right away as their philosophies about education meshed perfectly. She even asked Walter's permission to have her students contact him about his life in Germany after WWII. It's really a shame that she wasn't facing the camera. She is very attractive with an intelligent, animated face that charms everyone she meets.

It was a lovely evening with multi-faceted conversations. I wish we could have many more evenings like that with such good company.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:30 pm
Roger, I was reading about some other members of the Unitarian Jihad. One mentioned that her church had almost named their new congregation the First Unitarian Church of Kensington until they realized that the acronym might be inappropriate.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:33 pm
Diane wrote:
It's really a shame that she wasn't facing the camera.

Actually, she is on the photo. But since I didn't ask her permission ...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:35 pm
Diane wrote:
She is very attractive with an intelligent, animated face that charms everyone she meets.

It was a lovely evening with multi-faceted conversations. I wish we could have many more evenings like that with such good company.

Nodding to both. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:38 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You'll recognise not only known

Edit (Moderator): Image removed due to member request

but also "disguised" people

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4236/rogera402x6001ii.jpg

This may be the worst photo of me ever. I'd appreciate it if you can request that it is deleted, Walter, since you did not ask ok's first.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:45 pm
ossobuco wrote:

This may be the worst photo of me ever. I'd appreciate it if you can request that it is deleted, Walter, since you did not ask ok's first.

Awfully sorry about that, osso. Embarrassed

Done.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 11:22 pm
Somehow that disguised person does not look like osso. There is something about that shirt, that hat, those hairy arms. No, can't be osso, but I'll bet the mystery person is a cat lover...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 11:39 pm
You mean, the brutes are shedding again?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 11:41 pm
Can not one eat lunch in peace?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:01 am
I am not as agitated as I sound. Indeed, I regard Walter very well.

Still, it is a question re further a2k stuff.

Do we need to ask permission re photos, as there is slowing in time re processing as that is.

I am sort of expendible, whether I look a fool or not. But others in the future may actually care.
We need to work out the mechanics of all this.

At the same time Walter nabbed me in some horrible photo, he shortly thereafter got Roger in a near portrait situation, really good photo.

I dunno, I guess all is fair, if people sign off on it.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:25 am
Roger, I thought it was your yearly moult.

Osso, I agree that there should be a guideline for posting photos. There are some who are very sensitive about what photos are seen on a2k and there are also people who want complete privacy.

In the past, I have been asked to pick the photos that I wouldn't mind seeing on a2k. I appreciated that courtesy but I don't know if it should be a policy. Something to think about--it does mean extra time in posting. Luckily for Walter, the photo of me he posted wasn't bad enough for me to be terminally mortified, but there have been a few in the past that would have sent me under the table. Women are more vain than men....sometimes.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:50 am
I'm very sensitive about personal photos, and here's why:

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/Picture4.jpg[/IMG]
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:14 am
McTag! Is that you?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 07:06 am
msolga wrote:
McTag! Is that you?

Well it sure ain't Clark Gable.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:06 am
I'm surprised that McTag looks like that. I had him pictured more as Shaq, or possibly that dude that played the mystical part in "The Green Mile."

What was his name?

Michael Clarke Duncan! That was it. This guy...

http://www.joblo.com/movienews/images2/DD5.jpg

I don't know why, but that's the mental picture I have always had of McTag.

I wasn't too far off.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:15 am
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6127/picture120aq.jpg

really enjoyed the photos walter and mctag...this is me!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:17 am
Bugger, I've done it wrong AGAIN, timberlandko has just shown me how to do that...why can't I get it right?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:20 am
The link worked (amazingly how I pictured you!), you just need to put "img" tags around the link.

In front of it:

[img]

at the end of it:

[/img]

Then it will appear here.
0 Replies