President Bush: Is He a Liar?

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 11:53 am
There is something that I don't understand. The guys on the right here say that they, being intelligent, could tell that Bush and Cheney were not conflating Iraq with 9/11.

If they are so intelligent, how come they couldn't see that Bush was lying us into the war with Iraq?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 12:23 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
100 is average on the IQ scale. It is based on the theory that roughly 50% of the people will fall below that number and 50% will be above that number.

Average is NOT the same thing as "normal".

Roughy 50% of the population will fall within the 'normal' range between 90 and 110. About 25% will be above that range and 25% will be below that range.

But average is still average.

Were it not so.

But McG was making a funny (and a cute one, I thought).

But letting Bush off the hook on this issue is simply dishonest or it accepts a level of incompetence and irresponsibility which boggles. Cheney and Rumsfeld said what they said. Bush is responsible for his cabinet and what they do and what they say. If they are speaking falsehoods or inaccuracies, that falls within his responsibility to citizens to correct them or to have them correct themselves.

And that is the charitable view. Years ago, I posted a leaked memo from Republican strategist Luntz wherein he explicitly advised the administration to put "9/11" and "Iraq/Sadaam" together in speeches and other communications. It was a broadly accepted and utilized PR strategy which had the desired consequence of many citizens falsely identifying the two things.

To assume Bush was unaware of all this is silly beyond words. Or, it is to postulate a level of incompetence, disconnection, stupidity and irresponsibility on his part which his defenders probably ought to shy away from.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 12:33 pm
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
100 is average on the IQ scale. It is based on the theory that roughly 50% of the people will fall below that number and 50% will be above that number.

Roughy 50% of the population will fall within the 'normal' range between 90 and 110. About 25% will be above that range and 25% will be below that range.

Were it not so.

But letting Bush off the hook on this issue is simply dishonest or it accepts a level of incompetence and irresponsibility which boggles. Cheney and Rumsfeld said what they said. Bush is responsible for his cabinet and what they do and what they say. If they are speaking falsehoods or inaccuracies, that falls within his responsibility to citizens to correct them or to have them correct themselves.

And that is the charitable view. Years ago, I posted a leaked memo from Republican strategist Luntz wherein he explicitly advised the administration to put "9/11" and "Iraq/Sadaam" together in speeches and other communications. It was a broadly accepted and utilized PR strategy which had the desired consequence of many citizens falsely identifying the two things.

To assume Bush was unaware of all this is silly beyond words. Or, it is to postulate a level of incompetence, disconnection, stupidity and irresponsibility on his part which his defenders probably ought to shy away from.

Do you have a link that verifies this "leaked memo' that is more credible than Common Dreams who regularly reports leaked memos authored by Luntz on various subjects, such as this one:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0404-01.htm
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 12:34 pm
As Bush has flatly stated that Iraq had no influence on the attacks on 9/11 I fail to see what the continued fuss is.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 01:09 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Were it not so.

Do you have a link that verifies this "leaked memo' that is more credible than Common Dreams who regularly reports leaked memos authored by Luntz on various subjects, such as this one:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0404-01.htm

Would the memo itself do?
http://www.sourcewatch.org/images/2/2f/Luntz.pdf
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 01:28 pm
McGentrix-You are indeed correct in your post when you say that 100 is the Average IQ. Anyone familiar with the Bell Curve is aware of this. However, you must be cognizant of the fact that there are some people who, having had a normal IQ at one time, fall below the average because of disease or some event which cuts off oxygen to the brain for even a few seconds. Brain tissue is affected and dies.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 01:31 pm
Foxfyre- I note that you are familiar with the far left wing garbage site known as "Common Dreams". Are you aware of the disclaimer that they are forced to publish with every piece of information they give?
They purport to give replications of information from other sources but they say, IN THEIR DISLAIMER, that their reprintings may indeed be different than the original source.

Left wing dishonesty is rampant!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 01:32 pm
The world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. Enough said.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 01:47 pm
BernardR wrote:

They purport to give replications of information from other sources but they say, IN THEIR DISLAIMER, that their reprintings may indeed be different than the original source.

Left wing dishonesty is rampant!

I wonder, how long your nose is getting by now.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:14 pm
Walter Hinteler--I thought you were a scholar! Have you ever read the Common Dreams disclaimer?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:25 pm
http://i8.tinypic.com/25hlr9y.jpg
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:25 pm
Blatham writes
Quote:

Well it didn't do it for me. Could you point out the specific phrase or paragrph in which the President is urged to word things that make people believe Saddam helped engineer 9/11 or had any other direct link to 9/11? I didn't find it.

I did find a positively marvelous document that emphasizes the importance of communicating what we have to do to fight terrorism and how to communicate this to the people. I wish the President had worked harder to get the message(s) out contained in it. Whatever they're paying Luntz, it probably isn't enough.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:27 pm
Blatham, thanks for the Luntz memo. Wow, you hit a homerun. Obviously, the Republicans ran with it, conflating Iraq with 9/ll.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:29 pm
Bush administration on Iraq 9/11 link[/b]
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:30 pm
I'm quite sure that those who base their entire political ideology on hatred of George Bush will read the memo quite differently than those who base their poitical ideology otherwise.

And I'm quite sure that those who hate George Bush will try to make it look like he is trying to link Saddam and 9/11 in people's minds.

When the President says one thing, however, and it cannot be disputed, that a lot of people think differently just shows the ignorance of a lot of people.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:32 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Blatham writes
Quote:

Well it didn't do it for me. Could you point out the specific phrase or paragrph in which the President is urged to word things that make people believe Saddam helped engineer 9/11 or had any other direct link to 9/11? I didn't find it.

I did find a positively marvelous document that emphasizes the importance of communicating what we have to do to fight terrorism and how to communicate this to the people. I wish the President had worked harder to get the message(s) out contained in it. Whatever they're paying Luntz, it probably isn't enough.

foxfyre peers into the chasm and remarks "Goodness gracious, what a perfect spot for the kids to play. Biscuits? Who wants biscuits?"
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:34 pm
Blatham spins the wacko liberal left mantra and refuses to see things any differently than the way he wants them to be.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:35 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Blatham spins the wacko liberal left mantra and refuses to see things any differently than the way he wants them to be.

He really should look at how unbiased and openly you approach things!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:37 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

He really should look at how unbiased and openly you approach things!

Yes he should. Because I read BOTH sides of the argument before taking sides. He doesn't.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:39 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Because I read BOTH sides of the argument before taking sides. He doesn't.

I even read Uru. I understand nothing of it.
0 Replies