President Bush: Is He a Liar?

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:42 am
parados wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Read the opening post. I neither billed nor intended this as a thread I would dominate. Many of these posts I could respond to easily, as I have responded to similar posts on this board for years, but I have described this thread merely as a place where the pros and cons would have a place to reach conclusions, and I won't be lured into abandoning my original conception for it. I may or may not take the pro-Bush position from time to time in here.

Brandon9000 wrote:
It is undeniable that in a debate of any sort, a statement of the form, "I could beat your argument, but I won't lower myself to address it," is ultimately equivalent to saying "I cannot defend my viewpoint." It is simply one of several techniques to pretend to prevail, while not having to go through the troublesome exercise of actually showing the other person's logic to be wrong.

I created this thread as a forum for all board members to debate this issue in a clear manner. There is nothing dishonest or deceitful about that. People who wish to defend their viewpoint may post here. People who don't wish to don't have to. I may from time to time argue my point of view, or I may simply read what others write. If you are able to support your point of view and wish to, nothing is stopping you.

Don't lower yourself Brandon. There is nothing to defend, not while Bush has such a clear plan for victory in Iraq after being forced to invade because of Al Qaeda.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:43 am
parados wrote:
Don't lower yourself Brandon. There is nothing to defend, not while Bush has such a clear plan for victory in Iraq after being forced to invade because of Al Qaeda.

This cannot be too often expressed. Our President, with his vision and resolution, is leading us to Victory in Iraq, and the Iraqi people to the sunny uplands of peace, freedom and democracy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:46 am
I will re-print the post with which I opened the thread. Please try to adhere to the stated topic.

Quote:
The President has often been accused of lying by his political opponents. I am starting this thread so that his opponents can try to demonstrate that the accusation is true, and his supporters can try to show that it's false.

What I ask is that anyone who wishes to show that he does lie state in each post:

1. A single quotation of the President's which is a lie
2. A bit of evidence, or an argument to demonstrate that it's a lie.

I request, though, that no one simply post a huge list of vague accusations of lying without evidence, or a link to such. Use your own words, not someone else's, and please limit yourself to one lie per post, so that the matter can be discussed in an orderly way.

I thank the members who have adhered to the intended thread format.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:48 am
What topic could be more important than discussing the shining city on the hill which the courageous and resolute George Bush is erecting for the Iraqi people?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:55 am
Certainly Bush didn't lie when he stood under a "mission accomplished" banner and told us of his plans to bring democracy to Iraq. The plan he continues to implement with steadfast resolutelessness 2 years after we have already completed it.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:10 am
...and then Brandon, staunchly believing that the can was in fact devoid of worms, foolishly took off the lid......

HILARIOUS!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:15 am
Brandon forgot his OCD meds again (emphasis on the O).
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:31 am
Our president surely didn't lie when he said that Sadaam was buying yellowcake in Africa, because that was the night of his State of the Union Address, in which he clearly laid out his strategy for freedom in Iraq!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:34 am
Why does Brandon hate America so? How can he imply that our President lied? Surely, even America-haters such as he can sense the inevitability of victory in our President's audacious and innovative plans for freedom and democracy in Iraq!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:35 am
Synonymph wrote:

Everyone, I know this is going to be really difficult to do, but you should stop feeding into his attempts to get attention.

It's not like he's contributing anything of value to this forum. All of his posts are blatant attempts to obfuscate, annoy, misdirect or harass. I don't think I've read a single post from him that has been of any value. Real conversations get hijacked and threads become a forum for back and forth insults or petty arguments. I've been around for a bit, and I've never seen it this bad.

Unfortunately, A2K doesn't have an "ignore" feature, so we have to make do. It may be fun to pick on the stupid people, but remember, all it does is encourage them to continue with their nonsense and feed into their ego. Don't give him the satisfaction.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:45 am
I'm always afraid the day will come that, whenever Brandon enters the fray on some serious topic, the moderators will automatically transfer the whole thing over to the Humor section.

Maybe he should change his username to Gungatwin.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:48 am
JustanObserver wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

Everyone, I know this is going to be really difficult to do, but you should stop feeding into his attempts to get attention.

It's not like he's contributing anything of value to this forum. All of his posts are blatant attempts to obfuscate, annoy, misdirect or harass. I don't think I've read a single post from him that has been of any value. Real conversations get hijacked and threads become a forum for back and forth insults or petty arguments. I've been around for a bit, and I've never seen it this bad.

Unfortunately, A2K doesn't have an "ignore" feature, so we have to make do. It may be fun to pick on the stupid people, but remember, all it does is encourage them to continue with their nonsense and feed into their ego. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Laughing Laughing

The only thing I could think was "..and YOUR posts add what exactly?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:49 am
Well, as long as everyone recognizes that our Valiant President has a clear vision of the path to victory in Iraq, the rest does not matter.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:56 am
Exactly - let's never lose sight of the facts as told to us by President Bush and his excellent proxies, Rumsfeld and Cheney - that victory is just around the corner if we stay the course laid out in our President's brilliant strategy!!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:05 am
I can only say that I look forward to the day when we can all-- even the America haters like Brandon and McGentrix-- bask in the warm sunshine of victory in Iraq! Thanks to the bold plan of our strong-willed President, victory is just around the corner!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:08 am
Victory is achieved, actually, but the opponents have not yet realized it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:10 am
In the opening post of this thread, I requested that it be an orderly place in which people who believe that President Bush is a liar could try to advance their case with concrete examples, and peole who think that he is not could try to support their point of view. I have noted that very few of the people who believe that he is a liar who have posted here have offered examples or evidence. A few have, but most have not. This would be an opportunity for them to try to make their case and convince others.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:11 am
Ok, how about this one.

"We found the WMDs."
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:22 am
McGentrix wrote:
The only thing I could think was "..and YOUR posts add what exactly?"

You have got to be kidding me. Yeah, I can get nasty, but only when appropriate. I've gone out of my way to try to explain mistakes and misdirection to the guy, only to be met with incredibly idiotic behavior.

We shouldn't try to take him seriously for the same reason why you don't try to start your car with a carrot, or explain mathmatics to a pile of woodchips... it's just pointless.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:38 am
JustanObserver wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

Sorry, JustanO. It must be schadenfreude. And I'm not even German.
0 Replies