The Herpes Thread!

boomerang

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:20 pm
I was just thinking...

I wonder how the whole double standard comes into play in this topic. I think that despite all the machismo hoopla that men are way more squemish about sex than women are.

Are girls more apt to think - this will be okay if we are careful; they expect the man to have had more experience while men get all woozy about the madonna/whore thing?

No doubt, girls shoulder the majority of fretting and care over sexual relationships just by the simple fact that we get pregnant.

Hmmm.....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:32 pm
littlek, unfortunately, ignorant people like cj probably cannot talk to their children about STD's and other sexual related matters.
Leaving children in the dark contributes to them becoming one of those statistics their parents abhor.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:34 pm
Calamity stated on the other thread (cj's hunting thread) that the US ha s ahigher rate of herpes infections than other countries. I am researching whether or not this is true. I have found one limited tidbit of info on the National Foundation For Infectuous Diseases:
Quote:
The United States is not unique in its high rates of seroprevalence. Virtually every country in the world presents similar numbers. Since recurrences are often very mild and few patients are aware that they are infected, the infection is likely to continue to rise at double-digit rates without an intervention. NFID
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:36 pm
Given my history, ignorance isn't the proper word....

Use of condoms and deposition of Catholic doctrine (thank God my father gave it up for lent) has likely saved my ( fill in the blank ).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:36 pm
Boomer, there are stats on gender differences in regards to herpes infections. Like most STDs, it is easier for men to transmit the disease to women than vice versa.

Calamity - so sad when that happens.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:38 pm
well, cj, if you are well informed, than you surely know that condoms will not always save you, especially from herpes. unless you wear one on your head as well...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:40 pm
ANd wear them on your thighs and butt and and and...... where ever you might be having an outbreak.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:41 pm
don't worry cj you have to have had sex to get an std....you're safe... unless the barrel of your gun has been unfaithful Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:41 pm
My wanker is STD free. I do get an occasional cold sore, and I had chicken pox as an adult. The latter will make you want to wear several pairs of pants at a time when hanging with any source of herpes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:42 pm
I had the clap many times back in the day... but thankfully no lasting or incurable disease... and THAT my friends is a miracle....
0 Replies

littlek

Can we please try to keep this at least remotely educational and informative?
0 Replies

cjhsa

blueveinedthrobber wrote:
don't worry cj you have to have had sex to get an std....you're safe... unless the barrel of your gun has been unfaithful Laughing

Bear, I bow to your prowess... but I did pretty good for a non-musician.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:44 pm
Here is the statistic per country, littlek

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/g/genital_herpes/stats-country.htm
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:45 pm
cjhsa wrote:
My wanker is STD free. I do get an occasional cold sore, and I had chicken pox as an adult. The latter will make you want to wear several pairs of pants at a time when hanging with any source of herpes.

cold sores are usually the herpes outbreaks.

From Mayo Clinic online:
Quote:

Now if you go down on a woman in the first day or two of the outbreak (when you might not even feel it coming yet) - you may well transmit the herpes simplex to her vaginal area. I would know. That's how I got it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:48 pm
I seriously doubt that...simplex to complex.... I ain't no doctor but that's not right.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:49 pm
littlek wrote:
Boomer, there are stats on gender differences in regards to herpes infections. Like most STDs, it is easier for men to transmit the disease to women than vice versa.

I was really thinking more of the psychological ramifications, littlek. Would it be harder for a woman with herpes to date than it would be for a man. I don't know. But I can see a man rejecting a woman on those grounds faster than I could see it the other way around.

And I don't mean that women are somehow so desperate for a date that they'll take whatever comes along; I mean that women are used to shouldering the responsiblity for sex and they don't see this as a huge obsticle.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:54 pm
Calamity, I saw that site and was looking for something easier to grasp at first site - like data in ratios or percentages. I could do the math and post some stats. Maybe I will.

Boomer, yeah, I guess I knew you were talking about something different. I was going somewhere else with my post to you, but got distracted.....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:54 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I seriously doubt that...simplex to complex.... I ain't no doctor but that's not right.

what do you doubt? that you can transfer herpex simplex into genital area? well you may stop doubting... perhaps it's time to read up and be extra careful, since you do have cold sores every now and then.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:58 pm
I would guess, purely out of instinct and what little I know of men and women who have the disease that women tend to devaluate themselves for having herpes more than men do. Why that is I don't know. I've never known a guy to turn me down for sex because I have herpes. But, I have gotten 'that' close to very few men since I was diagnosed with it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:59 pm
Profiling works!
0 Replies