Oral Sex: Men vs Women

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:25 am
Rumor has it, that men enjoy oral sex more than women do. How truthful is this rumor? Is there a basis for this difference? What should be done to compensate for any difference between the genders, should differences exist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 16,127 • Replies: 272
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:27 am
You'd have to ask Tiresias...
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:29 am
Me? Oh God! Why little me?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:29 am
I think it varies from person to person, and their comfort level with it. Men may ask for it more, but my experience is that women give it better if they get it good in return, heh.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:30 am
cavfancier wrote:
I think it varies from person to person, and their comfort level with it. Men may ask for it more, but my experience is that women give it better if they get it good in return, heh.
[/color]

Have you stats on this aspect of the RESEARCH? Razz
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:33 am
None that I can publish here, lol.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:35 am
I'm wondering whether the poll asked giving, receiving or both?

I think enjoyability of the receiver is in direct proportion to the skill level of the giver.

Which means, all those women who said they didn't like receiving it are with people who don't know what they're doing. And just to open another can of worms, I'd bet more homosexual women said they enjoy it than heterosexual women.

I'm also wondering, if it was just receiving, how many men would have changed their answers if it was giving, or both.

PS - In the too much information category, I voted for option 5. Either way.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:36 am
A2K is a liberal group, who'd appreciate it!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:38 am
depending on the adeptness/attitude of the giver i believe both enjoy equally
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:50 am
this discussion makes makes me think of a few memorable quotations I have heard re oral sex :

'She thinks it's like a thermometer, that all she has to do is hold it in her mouth for three minutes'

Re frequency:

'One swallow does not a summer make'

Re who does what to whom:

' Your place or mine?'

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:53 am
'playing the flute' and 'worshipping at the jade temple' come to mind, from ancient Chinese erotic literature...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 08:38 am
This is a very strange question. Why would men enjoy oral sex more than women? Are you thinking more women may be put off by the quest for all out sexual gratification? Or that women are more reserved, prudish or unwilling to explore their sexuality? I don't know. Do you have any stats on this (I mean from a scientific study, not anecdotal)?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 08:45 am
I don't think anybody would turn down getting a little head.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 09:59 am
I've known women who think oral sex means talking about it.

That aside, I agree with the people who say that if the giver is someone who knows what he/she is doing -- the receiver is enjoying it a lot.

Said another way: From my point of view -- I've never gotten head that I think was bad. Blow jobs start at "terrific" and work up the scale from there.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:03 am
jjorge*197982* wrote:
this discussion makes makes me think of a few memorable quotations I have heard re oral sex :

'She thinks it's like a thermometer, that all she has to do is hold it in her mouth for three minutes'

Re frequency:

'One swallow does not a summer make'

Re who does what to whom:

' Your place or mine?'

Thermometer: Now, would she want mercury poisoning?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:06 am
Nah, they don't use that much anymore. She's trying to get to the little bit of alcohol inside (and so should probably go have a word with bipolar bear).
0 Replies

New Haven

Or that women are more reserved, prudish or unwilling to explore their sexuality?

Could they, instead, merely find the whole experience "tasteless"?
0 Replies

New Haven

No pun intended!
0 Replies

Gen

I think the people who are uncomfortable with Oral Sex are the people who have had bad experiances with it.

And like most other people here have pointed out, One good partner, can make all the difference in the world.

My hope is that people who have had bad experiances don't stop trying it out. Simply becuase you never know who the good partner will be until you give it a try.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:09 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I don't think anybody would turn down getting a little head.

Ditto on a good beer!
0 Replies