He is amazing!

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 02:23 pm
Glad to hear that you had a good dose of the guilts, Danielle. It's all part of the fun. One day you'll look back on the guilt part and laugh.
Even if he doesn't turn out to be THE one, at least you'll have some pretty naughty memories to keep you smiling in your old age.

PS.....I made an hour and a half trek up to the boonies once.

She was a very tall girl.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 03:13 pm
Danielle
That's a feeling we don't get often in our lives, so soak it all up and have a great time :-D

I envy you <sigh>.

Lord Ellpus
You're so awesome ;-)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:20 pm
<Instinctively looks down to see if trousers are undone again>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:42 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 05:24 pm
Church was hard...almost left three times. This is the suckiest feeling in the world. I'm afraid I'm using sex to pretend I'm in love. You can't love somebody after just a month, can you? That's why I haven't told him I think I'm in love. I feel like I've been here before.

Either I'm really f*cked up, or this birth control is doing me in! These mood swings and changes of mind are killing me.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:10 pm
Awwww...this thread is so sweet. "Enjoy it, bang him til his knees give way" LOL.
Sound advice!

danielle,
The BC could be giving your emotions a ride, or it could be that you are crazy about this guy.
Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:32 pm
daniellejean wrote:
You can't love somebody after just a month, can you?
Yeah you can!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:36 pm
daniellejean wrote:
You can't love somebody after just a month, can you?

Yes, you most certainly can and I have. Forgive me, but I don't see where your problem is. I'd give my right arm to be in your position right now! <sigh>
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:06 pm
thank you all for your advice. I've been overanalyzing, been afraid of repeating the past, been afraid of lots of things - displeasing God being one of them.

But I talked to him today, and he said, "why is it so easy when we're together, and then you call me upset when we aren't?" And I thought about it. I'm just being overly analytical. I need to just let myself feel whatever it is I feel.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:10 pm
What makes you think God does not want you to be in love with him? Don't you believe in God's plan?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:16 pm
daniellejean wrote:
thank you all for your advice. I've been overanalyzing, been afraid of repeating the past, been afraid of lots of things - displeasing God being one of them.

But I talked to him today, and he said, "why is it so easy when we're together, and then you call me upset when we aren't?" And I thought about it. I'm just being overly analytical. I need to just let myself feel whatever it is I feel.

Yes, please don't throw away the most amazing feeling there is. It's so rare to connect with someone like that, so run with it, girl!

There's absolutely no reason not to.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:59 pm
the thing is, I lie awake at night feeling torn. that's why I feel like God doesn't want me to be with him, because would I be so torn otherwise?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 11:31 pm
You say you lie awake at night. Reminds me of the classic riddle: What do you get when you cross an agnostic, a dyslexic, and an insomniac?

A guy who can't sleep, tosses and turns all night, and wonders if there is a dog.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:09 am
daniellejean wrote:
...You can't love somebody after just a month, can you? ....

Sure you can. I even married him.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:55 am
daniellejean wrote:
the thing is, I lie awake at night feeling torn. that's why I feel like God doesn't want me to be with him, because would I be so torn otherwise?

Good grief girl! You are definitely sounding like you have a bad case of Catholicism.

The Catholic way of thinking.

I feel great. (Life score 10/10.)
Is it right that I should feel great? 9/10.
Is anyone allowed to feel this great? 8/10.
I now feel uneasy about feeling great. 5/10.
Is God making me feel uneasy, because he's not happy with me feeling great? 4/10.
Why is God unhappy with me? 3/10.
Is he trying to tell me that I shouldn't be doing what I'm doing? 1/10.
I'm feeling shitty. 0/10.

That whole thought process, with years of repeated practise, can be completed in about thirty seconds, and then placed into an automatic loop within the brain, so that it repeats for hours on end.
With enough practise, guilt feelings can be brought to the surface regarding any feelings of pleasure or happiness.

Danielle, may I suggest something?

Why not try taking a holiday from god for a month or so. After all, he's got countless other billions to look after all the time, so he would probably be glad of the rest as well. Tell him that you'll be back at the end of June, and that you will fill him in on all the details of how things worked out.

Then....concentrate on having some guilt free, harmless fun.

Look on it as a short study course, which will eventually make you a more experienced and worldly wise human. I'm sure that your god would approve.

...........and if you ARE Catholic, just think of all the pleasure that you will be bringing to your Priest at the end of June, when you turn up at the confessional with that bloody great list in hand.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:09 am
God loves you know matter how many mistakes you make.

If you sin you will go to hell.

no wonder catholics are confused.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:36 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
daniellejean wrote:

Good grief girl! You are definitely sounding like you have a bad case of Catholicism.

The Catholic way of thinking.

I feel great. (Life score 10/10.)
Is it right that I should feel great? 9/10.
Is anyone allowed to feel this great? 8/10.
I now feel uneasy about feeling great. 5/10.
Is God making me feel uneasy, because he's not happy with me feeling great? 4/10.
Why is God unhappy with me? 3/10.
Is he trying to tell me that I shouldn't be doing what I'm doing? 1/10.
I'm feeling shitty. 0/10.

That whole thought process, with years of repeated practise, can be completed in about thirty seconds, and then placed into an automatic loop within the brain, so that it repeats for hours on end.
With enough practise, guilt feelings can be brought to the surface regarding any feelings of pleasure or happiness.

Danielle, may I suggest something?

Why not try taking a holiday from god for a month or so. After all, he's got countless other billions to look after all the time, so he would probably be glad of the rest as well. Tell him that you'll be back at the end of June, and that you will fill him in on all the details of how things worked out.

Then....concentrate on having some guilt free, harmless fun.

Look on it as a short study course, which will eventually make you a more experienced and worldly wise human. I'm sure that your god would approve.

...........and if you ARE Catholic, just think of all the pleasure that you will be bringing to your Priest at the end of June, when you turn up at the confessional with that bloody great list in hand.

I can't possibly come up with any better advice than this, so I'll just say that if you wait to long, I just may go over there and scoop that babe right out from under you.
He sure sounds like a good catch and to be honest with you, it's been a while since I've had that "oh so special connection" and I could really use some of that right now, so if you don't want him, do you mind if I give him a try? ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:40 am
I am a Christian (not Catholic) and I understand where you're coming from, daniellejean.

There are a thousand different ways to look at this.

When I met my husband, he wasn't interested in anything spiritual at all. Did this deter me? Not at all. I had prayed for someone, and I was certain God had sent him. Twenty-five years later, I know I was right. We are great together.

It so happens that he has developed spiritual interests on his own through the years, but even if he hadn't, it wouldn't lessen my conviction that he was an answer to prayer.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:58 am
I'm really glad that so many of you have given me such thoughtful advice. The problem Lord Elpus is that if I take a break from God, I will feel guilty about that. But that's really what I've been wanting to do. But I just can't.

You know what else I'm afraid of - that I'm using sex to try to fall in love with him when I really don't love him at all. He told me last night he doesn't love me yet. Of course not, it's only been a month. But that's what I want. And when I have sex and I'm not in love, it hurts afterward.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 10:03 am
I can relate to that Danielle, as I'm one of those people who has no desire to sleep with someone I don't love, but it truly sounds to me like you are in love with him. Those feelings you described have love written all over them. I know because I've been there more than once ;-)
0 Replies