He is amazing!

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:39 am
Hi all,

So I have been seeing this new guy for about a month now (see previous topics). And he has been better to me, more comforting, more understanding, more real than anybody I've ever been with. I have been going back and forth for the past couple of weeks about whether or not I should sleep with him. I thought that it would ruin the relationship, and I didn't want that to happen. So we talked about it, and we decided to wait it out a bit. I wanted to wait until after Easter, and he thought that was a good idea.

But last night, I spent the night with him, and of course we made love. I know I should feel like I didn't hold true to my promises to myself, but the truth is that I have no regrets because it was amazing. He is amazing. The sex itself was good. But more than that, it was that he just did everything he could to please me. He told me this is the happiest he has been in a long time. When I asked him what I could do for him, he said, "This is all about you". We slept soundly in eachother's arms, and took a shower together this morning, laughing, and smiling, and kissing.

I don't know why I am starting this topic. More than anything, I just had to express in some way that this guy is amazing. He is so genuine that making love didn't feel at all wrong or dirty or premature. It was just right. Thanks for letting me be gushy!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,004 • Replies: 96
No top replies

eoe

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:52 am
Gush on, sweetie. Waiting a month to have sex, by today's standards, is pretty damn good. I applaud you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:36 am
Aw, that's sweet Danielle!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 11:22 am
I forgot to congrats you! I'm glad everything is working out. Razz
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 11:31 am
Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 03:48 pm
I appreciate this, Noddy. I am trying to be as assertive about my wants and my reservations as possible. So far, he has not asked me to do anything I was unwilling to. In fact, we've decided to take things easy this week (Holy Week and all). I'm not sure that it being Holy Week really changes much for me. I like him, and I liked having sex with him. But as I said, I don't want to give too much too soon. I guess I've already done that because I've given the essential gift. But there is still much dignity to be held onto. And he is nothing but respectful. So, in essence, this just feels damned good without me sacrificing anything that I hold dear. That's a completely new feeling. It's amazing.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 04:00 pm
Danielle--

Hand on to that feeling. You deserve dignity.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 04:09 pm
He's playing you for a fool and within three months you will be on here saying what a f*cking as$hole he is.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 04:31 pm
Perhaps you're right Kicky, but I think it's nice to feel like this in the moment. I read somewhere recently, "love for a moment is better than nothing for a lifetime". Not that I am calling this love. But the same thing can be said for what I am feeling. So if he turns out to be an asshole, I'm willing to take that risk in order to feel the good things I feel right now. Does that make sense?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 04:41 pm
Actually, I just said that because I'm jealous. I want some nookie too!!!!
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 10:19 pm
Feeling doubt and a bit of regret at the moment. Not because he has done anything to hurt me. But the fact that he is an atheist is such an issue. *sigh*
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 10:29 pm
Eh, I am an atheist so I am not appalled. I used to be a stalwart Roman Catholic. Some of us work things out in different ways. Sometimes those who question have more in common than those who don't, from whatever side of which aisle.

Sometimes opposites attract. (watch your ass on that).
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 10:51 pm
Hate to break the news to you but being an Atheist virtually guarantees he's a lot, lot smarter than the average bear.

Have you got something against intelligence and thinking for yourself, instead of believing in imaginary friends and childish fairy tails?

You should be proud of him and respect him for his strength and wisdom!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 11:50 pm
Ok, having been a long believer, I can see this would be a stopper and or messy. And he might see it that way too.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:11 am
Only if one is a dogmatic religionist, which is very hypocritical as to Jesus' urging of love and tolerance.

Dogmatic: Characterized by an authoritative, arrogant assertion of unproved or unprovable principles.
Religionist: Excessive or affected religious zeal.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:28 am
Chumly,

I'm sorry but I think you are being very unfair here. You aren't giving Daniellejean much credit at all. You do, however; give plenty of credit to her boyfriend and seemingly because he is an atheist?

Why can't you give the same amount of credit to both? They are both adults. They both have the right to their beliefs. Why must one be judged less than the other for any reason?

If Daniellejean were to hold to the same thinking, then I'd say her relationship is pretty much doomed from the start. It's one thing to be concerned because one's beliefs differ. It's quite another to think someone is less than because of it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:47 am
I was smart when I was a believer. I happen to disagree with the old me. But... I don't remember being stupid, then or now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:49 am
'course, all things goes around and comes around.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:12 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Chumly,

I'm sorry but I think you are being very unfair here. You aren't giving Daniellejean much credit at all. You do, however; give plenty of credit to her boyfriend and seemingly because he is an atheist?

Why can't you give the same amount of credit to both? They are both adults. They both have the right to their beliefs. Why must one be judged less than the other for any reason?

If Daniellejean were to hold to the same thinking, then I'd say her relationship is pretty much doomed from the start. It's one thing to be concerned because one's beliefs differ. It's quite another to think someone is less than because of it.
Take the time to define intelligence in terms of a zealous belief in the Tooth Fairy and you will have your answer.

Anyone who believes in ghosts or zombies is not using critical thought, and is thus by definition not utilizing their intellect. Christianity requires you to believe in both ghosts & zombies.

Belief in the Tooth Fairy is just as anti-intellectual as belief in a Christian god. Atheism demands critical and independent thought, religion demands the exact opposite.

QED
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:18 am
So, none of us answered her murmur of doubt well, about six posts back.

Can't we just let danielle talk?
0 Replies