High school principal bans US flag

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:52 am
MM
I happen to agree with the way he handled it. It's only a f@#$in flag, MM!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:53 am
Montana wrote:
MM
I happen to agree with the way he handled it. It's only a f@#$in flag, MM!!!!!!!!

And thats your right.
I think he was wrong,and that he took the easy way out instead of the right way out.
0 Replies

Kuk

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:54 am
And I'm sure he really gives a crap what you think. lol
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:55 am
Blind patriotism does nothing but cause war and bloodshed.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:57 am
mysteryman wrote:

And I said that,right at the top of my original post.
I did not say that it was only the American flag.

Thanks for answering.

Obviously, my other question was hidden somewhere.
So here again: who called you here where and when "racist"?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 12:08 pm
Montana wrote:
I smell something burning.

That's MM, He let some gas fly Twisted Evil

Anon
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 12:28 pm
Setanta wrote:
Folks, i'd say, don't waste your time on MM anymore. He came here looking for a fight to pick, and to confirm his irrational, unthinking bigotry against those whom he deems leftists. He just wants to squabble, and to "prove" to himself, once again, that anyone who doesn't agree with every uninformed, bigoted opinion he holds, can't be a right-thinking, patriotic 'Merican . . .

What a waste of time, i for one won't both with his tripe any longer, although i might drop in from time to time to point out to y'all just what a waste this is of your time.

"Don't feed the troll" is always good advice.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 12:29 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Montana wrote:
MM

And thats your right.
I think he was wrong,and that he took the easy way out instead of the right way out.

comma space
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 01:03 pm
If they would have removed the flag from the schools flag pole, then I would say there was a problem, but it was still flying.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 01:47 pm
Technically MM, he didn't "ban the US flag", he banned all of them. Mexico included....and he did it as a means of stemming the increasing racial tensions. I imagine the Canadian flag would be banned there too:

Quote:

FOXNews Source you cited

Thread title was obviously misleading and you have made no such effort to appeal to anything other than your own agenda in this matter.
You already have your guard up over being called a racist when no one has even made that assertion.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:17 pm
Wrong time, wrong place. Some folks conveniently forget we have freedom of speech only if we do not infringe on the rights of others. What about the (likely) majority of kids who just showed up for an education instead of a political rally? The principal did the right thing. Students should wear what they want, say what they want, and wave what they want ... right after the final bell of the school day.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:30 pm
I happen to agree with MysteryMan on this issue.

I think that banning the flag, any flag that is, is wrong as a matter of free speech and think the principal was taking the easy way out. He is making the problem worse and adding more nationalism into the disagreement (which is not really needed right now).

This is a free-speech issue more than an immigration one-- and I have found that free speech, even boorish idiotic free speech, always ends up helping the good guys.

Let the flags fly and deal with the real issues of intimidation and disrepect.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:33 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I happen to agree with MysteryMan on this issue.

I think that banning the flag, any flag that is, is wrong as a matter of free speech and think the principal was taking the easy way out. He is making the problem worse and adding more nationalism into the disagreement (which is not really needed right now).

This is a free-speech issue more than an immigration one-- and I have found that free speech, even boorish idiotic free speech, always ends up helping the good guys.

Let the flags fly and deal with the real issues of intimidation and disrepect.

I wonder of the principal of Columbine High School in Colorado had that same approach to guns ????

Anon
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:34 pm
The schools are not equipped to deal with all the intimidation and respect. They would need to bring some of those troops back from Iraq to deal with that mess that they have refused to deal with year after year.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:35 pm
Anon,

Since when were guns in school a free speech issue?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:43 pm
When free speech turns into violence, it's no longer free.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:48 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Anon,

Since when were guns in school a free speech issue?

It's not, it's a second amendment issue.

Anon
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:53 pm
Montana,

As you must know, I am a very strong proponent of free speech-- even (and perhaps especially) in schools. If I were principal, I would deal with the violence without censoring the speech. They are two separate issues.

The principal should stick to the principles (sorry I couldn't resist that). He can stop violence and protect free speech without censoring a national symbol.

I can't imagine this ban made things any better. I have a personal rule against doing anything that will get me mentioned in the national press.

Anon,

Unless there are well-regulated miltia in schools, it is not a second amendment either. I don't think even Mysterman would defend the rights of kids to have guns in school.

I certainly defend their rights to have flags.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 02:56 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Montana,

As you must know, I am a very strong proponent of free speech-- even (and perhaps especially) in schools. If I were principal, I would deal with the violence without censoring the speech. They are two separate issues.

The principal should stick to the principles (sorry I couldn't resist that). He can stop violence and protect free speech without censoring a national symbol.

I can't imagine this ban made things any better. I have a personal rule against doing anything that will get me mentioned in the national press.

Anon,

Unless there are well-regulated miltia in schools, it is not a second amendment either. I don't think even Mysterman would defend the rights of kids to have guns in school.

I certainly defend their rights to have flags.

Gun enthusiasts will take you to great task that the second amendment is limited to militia!

Anon
0 Replies

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 03:05 pm
Give mysteryman a break, he's from Kentucky. We must teach him to wear shoes and walk upright before anything else. Wink
0 Replies