Democrat lawmaker attacks police officer

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:27 pm
nimh wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Quote:
Was she an imperious jerk to a degree? Probably so. But was she doing exactly what most of her colleagues probably do and don't get stopped doing it? Again, probably so. Is that differential treatment? Probably so.

Again, you have no evidence to support this claim. Does it reflect reality? You have no idea. It's merely your imagination working overtime.

He clearly presented his conjunction as a set of presumptions ("I would suspect", "I'd bet", "probably"), so whats your problem?

As far as speculation goes, this sounds plausible enough to me. <shrugs>

What's my problem? Presumptions based on nothing are pretty much worth nothing. He has no idea about the character or professionalism of the Capitol Hill Police Officer in question, and has no idea if similarly situated colleagues are not stopped when they walk by a metal detector unrecognized, so his second "probably so" remark is ridiculous. There is no reason for him (or you) to think there is disparate treatment occurring here.

I happen to think it's probable that McKinney heard the officer calling for her to stop three times, thought she was too good to stop (for whatever reason), and didn't stop, and thought she could get away with striking the officer who was only doing his job to begin with. Perhaps I'm wrong, but my speculation is reasoned and based on facts as we know them from media accounts and McKinney's press conference. His (and by extension, yours) is pure conjecture.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:27 pm
Now my question is, if she did show them her congressional ID, why wouldn't they let her through?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:28 pm
revel wrote:
Tico I sure wish you would stop putting words in my post I didn't post. Go back and read my posts, I meant no more or no less than I actually posted.

Quote:
these are the facts revel is claiming we don't know yet

When I said that I was referring in a general sense to the specific details of the case ... those facts and that evidence that would come out at trial, not in media reports. I was not trying to claim you referred to "those specific facts" I referenced, only that the point you seem to be making is we don't know all the facts so we can't prejudge the matter. That is basically what you're saying, isn't it?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:34 pm
It is also possible (pure speculation) that she was talking on her cell phone when the police asked her to stop and she didn't hear him and then when the police officer grabbed her arm, she turned around with her cell phone in her hand and hit him with it on accident. I mean if she was going to haul off and hit him (with her cell phone of all things), why cooperate to the extent of showing him her congressional ID?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 03:07 pm
revel wrote:
It is also possible (pure speculation) that she was talking on her cell phone when the police asked her to stop and she didn't hear him and then when the police officer grabbed her arm, she turned around with her cell phone in her hand and hit him with it on accident. I mean if she was going to haul off and hit him (with her cell phone of all things), why cooperate to the extent of showing him her congressional ID?

Um, sure ... that's theoretically possible, but if it were one would think she would have made the claim during her press conference that her striking of the officer was an accident. She has not, however, made that claim. All she did is blame the officer for touching her, "a female black congresswoman.''
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 03:45 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I'm not "playing thread monitor," and i find it hilarious to see the self-made white knight of the rigth level such a charge against anyone else.

What the hell is a "rigth level"?

Your inability to comprehend what one assumes is your native language is rather sad:

Subject=self-made white knight of the right

Verb=level

Is it starting to sink in with you now?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 03:59 pm
Setanta wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I'm not "playing thread monitor," and i find it hilarious to see the self-made white knight of the rigth level such a charge against anyone else.

Your inability to comprehend what one assumes is your native language is rather sad:

Verb=level

Maybe you could learn how to type? That might help those trying to comprehend your posts.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:03 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Maybe you could learn how to type? That might help those trying to comprehend your posts.

So you are by now not only a moderator but even more, some mega-correcting figure?

At least, this would exlude me. (And I'm sure, I would have to leave later than some dozens of so-called "native Englsih speakers".)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:18 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Verb=level

I type just fine--your comprehension is obviously poor, and you have no reason to impute that confusion to every other reader. Here, this might help you:

I'm not "playing thread monitor," and i find it hilarious[/color=blue] to see[/color] the self-made white knight of the rigth[/color=blue] level[/color] such a charge against anyone else.

Look for the important verbs in blue, and the subject of the second clause in red. Do try to keep up, i'm sure even the most dull-witted conservative can understand an insult, even with a misspelling in it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:18 pm
I am sure that if Setanta did not have a history of doing the same, Tico would not have brought it up Walt.

I would suspect that your comment is really nothing more than a snipe though.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:19 pm
Who better qualified here to comment on sniping?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:27 pm
http://www.2sportscars.com/women/6.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:28 pm
Montana wrote:
Now my question is, if she did show them her congressional ID, why wouldn't they let her through?

Any thoughts?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:29 pm
Whattawe got here, now ... a snipers' duel? Careful, now, do you kiddies want the smallarms fire to draw artillery?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:29 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

So you are by now not only a moderator but even more, some mega-correcting figure?

At least, this would exlude me. (And I'm sure, I would have to leave later than some dozens of so-called "native Englsih speakers".)

Not at all, Walter. But his post, as he typed it, was incomprehensible. So while I tried to figure out what a "white knight of the rigth level" was -- and I was imagining it was a reference to some arcane order, or perhaps a masonic rite, or perhaps some nerdy reference to Star Wars I was not familiar with ... I mean, how many levels of white knights could there be? -- Set pompously claims the error was in my comprehension, as opposed to to his typing.

Someone with an ego of smaller girth than Set's might have responded by simply advising me of his error, and setting me down the right path. But I am amazed at the brazenness of his response in blaming me for our lack of communication, when he ought to just own up to his typo.

-----------

A White Knight of the Rigth Level rides into battle ........ http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3215/banana18bk.gif
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:31 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Whattawe got here, now ... a snipers' duel? Careful, now, do you kiddies want the smallarms fire to draw artillery?

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6350/sniper8js.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:43 pm
Montana wrote:
Montana wrote:

Any thoughts?

I guess not.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:08 pm
Montana wrote:
Montana wrote:
Montana wrote:

Any thoughts?

I guess not.
I don't think anybody knows yet. We would be speculating.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:09 pm
Montana wrote:

Good question.

Suppose she showed her Congressional ID post-battery?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:16 pm
Then maybe it's about this;

"A heroine of the GNN core, McKinney is best known for being one of the first, if not the first, national elected official to openly question the Bush Administration's handling of 9/11, as well as the troubling links between elements in the President's inner circle (including his father) and Saudi Arabia - a country increasingly implicated as a major funder of anti-American terror. For her efforts, McKinney was labeled a "conspiracy nut" and "unpatriotic." After brutal misrepresentation and ridicule by the mainstream press, and a massive financial and organizational effort on the part of the GOP, McKinney paid the ultimate political price: she was defeated in the August 2002 Democratic primary.

Ironically, a year later, the very same issues she raised are beginning to be brought to the fore thanks to mainstream journalists like The Iron Triangle author Dan Briody, ex-CIA operative Robert Baer, presidential hopeful Sen. Bob Graham - even economic gurus like Jeffrey Sachs.

Proving the eternality of that adage about things that do not kill youÂ…, Cynthia McKinney wears the proud face of a vigilant crusader and speaks in the voice of a fearless servant of the public interest.

When she rises to speak, the crowd lifts to their feet and cheers. And they are not to be disappointed. Covering a spectrum of controversial issues - from Dyncorp's involvement in military smallpox vaccines to a Halliburton subsidary's (no-bid) contract to supply food and other support to the troops in Iraq - McKinney drops more knowledge in her ten-minute speech than Fox News Channel does in an entire news cycle. Her passionate appeal on behalf of U.S. troops stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan demonstrates the nature of true patriotism and respect for those who have pledged to defend the United States."
0 Replies