Democrat lawmaker attacks police officer

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:35 pm
Setanta wrote:
The adjective for a member of the Democratic party is Democratic--as in Democratic lawmaker. How hard is that for you to understand?

The correct title of this thread should have been, "Democratic lawmaker attacks police officer."

Yes, that's much better.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:40 pm
And, of course, the best title would have been:

Lawmaker scuffles with Capitol police

Which was the original title from the CNN piece upon which the thread was based.

Montana's criticism to the effect that MM was trolling with the title and the focus on a member of the Democratic Party was right on target.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:42 pm
Set,
I'll make you a deal.
I will NEVER use the word Democrat ever again to describe a lawmaker,IF you agree to NEVER use the word republican anytime you are talking about anything a lawmaker does.

Is that fair?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:43 pm
<Still wondering: what will be the big topic when the real silly season starts.>
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:45 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Montana wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Montana wrote:
MM started this thread simply to get a rise out of the democrats and there is no doubt in my mind on that one!

I'm sure he doesn't like Blacks or women either, so it could be a combination.

Another stupid comment from a lefty on A2K... small wonder that.

Funny how you guys bitch and moan about us, saying that we are constantly attacking you guys and you go and call me stupid Rolling Eyes

You're a funny guy McG ;-)

Isn't it ironic how that works. I noticed MM Take off on a young poster the other night ... I think you were there .... Erymil or something like that. The kid had been totally polite and all, but MM let him have it and started name-calling.

It's hilarious, righties are the first to name-call, and the first to whine !!

Ironic, eh??

Anon

Would you care to post a link to the thread where I am supposed to have called him names?

You cant,because it doesnt exist.
But,you go ahead and run away,like the coward you actually are.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:45 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Montana wrote:
MM
If she was a republican, we wouldn't be having this conversation because you wouldn't have started a thread on it in the first place.

Wanna bet???
And I said Democrat because she IS a Democrat.
How hard is that for you to understand?

Oh, you made sure we all knew she was a democrat and that's my whole point.
The story was about a woman who supposedly assaulted a man, so why didn't you just post the origional heading for the article instead of adding to it like you did?

Why? Because you wanted to get a rise.

You know, after all these years, I don't think I've ever seen you do anything but argue and pick fights with others.

Hell, when you posted this thread, you were so convinced that the democrats were going to defend this woman that you actually accused us of sticking up for her and you even accused people of calling you a racist.

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you keep making stuff up as you go along?

I think you would be very surprised to know how much I understand.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:46 pm
Montana wrote:
If she was a republican, we wouldn't be having this conversation because you wouldn't have started a thread on it in the first place.

Nonsense - had it been a Republican at the center of the flap, a similarly-themed thread would have been started by someone of political bent contrary to MM's, with posts and players then pretty much the same as we have here - just reversed positions.

Meanwhile, the pot continues to bubble - and at present it does not appear McKinney, or her Party, is destined to gain benefit through the excersize:

Quote:
House to vote on commending Capitol police after scuffle with McKinney

(Capitol Hill-AP) April 4, 2006 - Some House Republicans want to officially commend the US Capitol police force for professionalism after a confrontation between an officer and a Democratic congresswoman.
North Carolina Republican Patrick McHenry says ignoring a police officer's order is never OK. He wants the House to pass a resolution supporting the Capitol police.

But Georgia Democrat Cynthia McKinney says her dispute with police isn't about whether she obeyed an officer's order. She says she was "inappropriately touched." And she has said she thinks it happened partly because she's black.

The six-term congresswoman had an argument with a uniformed officer while entering a House building. The officer didn't recognize her. She refused to stop, and struck him. Her actions could draw federal charges.

McKinney hasn't found much support from fellow Democrats. The party's number-two House member, Steny Hoyer of Maryland, says lawmakers and others should "cooperate fully" with Capitol Police officers.

Quote:
Republicans Praise Capitol Hill Police

POSTED: 12:18 pm EDT April 4, 2006

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans pushed a resolution Tuesday commending the Capitol police force for professionalism after a confrontation between an officer and Democratic Rep. Cynthia McKinney ...

Last week, McKinney had an argument with a uniformed police officer as she sought to enter a House office building. The officer did not recognize her. She refused his order to stop and struck him ...

McKinney has drawn little support from her House colleagues, particularly Democrats who are launching an election-year campaign that revolves around the party's commitment to national security.

Her lawyer, James Myart Jr., issued a statement on Friday saying several members of Congress would join McKinney at a press conference on Friday at Howard University.

None did. D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton issued a statement of concern about the incident and urged the parties to come to an agreement. A spokesman for Rep. Mel Watt, D-N.C., chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, said he has no comment.

McHenry, who at 30 is the youngest member of Congress, said he is routinely stopped by Capitol Police and asked for identification.

"When I'm not wearing my pin, I am always stopped," McHenry said in a telephone interview. "I accept that as a due course of security."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:46 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Set,
I'll make you a deal.
I will NEVER use the word Democrat ever again to describe a lawmaker,IF you agree to NEVER use the word republican anytime you are talking about anything a lawmaker does.

Is that fair?

My objection is to your incorrect use of language, not your silly political bigotry.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:47 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
<Still wondering: what will be the big topic when the real silly season starts.>

I'm always in silly season ;-)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:53 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

A very good question--we do seem to be nearing the bottom of the barrel. Count on the Republicans to play this for all they think it's worth. Especially in light of Delay's current situation.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:56 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Montana wrote:

Nonsense - had it been a Republican at the center of the flap, a similarly-themed thread would have been started by someone of political bent contrary to MM's, with posts and players then pretty much the same as we have here - just reversed positions.

Maybe you're right. I don't hang out enough in the political threads to really notice this, but I'll be keeping my eyes open ;-)

Anyway, this thread caught my attention when I was in a political mood and hey, I gotta start somewhere Cool
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:59 pm
You said that already.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:00 pm
I know but I deleted it just in time Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:01 pm
Drat, foiled again . . .
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:01 pm
Razz
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 05:43 pm
McKinney is on lotsa folks' minds -

From the Macon GA Telegraph

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2793/mckinneypoll6sf.jpg

From Washington DC's WRC-TV4/NBC

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2382/mckinnepoll27wj.jpg

Another set of opinions:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution weighs in

We all know all about opinions; everybody's got one. In the case of Rep. McKinney's latest episode of brainfade, it would appear there is remarkably little difference of opinion.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:15 pm
If the only opinions you seek are crackers in Macon...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:10 am
So now the people of Georgia that are her constituents are crackers??

And you call me a racist!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:13 am
Geeze, yer a piece of work. who has called you a racist? Do you now allege that Roxxane called you a racist?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:18 am
Setanta wrote:
Geeze, yer a piece of work. who has called you a racist? Do you now allege that Roxxane called you a racist?

Yes she has,several times.
After I get home from work,I will be more then happy to provide severfal examples of that.
0 Replies