Dialysis...What's the real story.

Noddy24

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 09:57 am
Sturgis:

Ouch. The pun was mightier than the point.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:55 pm
Okay more arrows are needed...the latest results show an additional 8% drop in kidney function...we are going the wrong way here folks! Just spent a few lovely (cough gag) days in the hospital. I don't think they had been expecting me as they hadn't prepared the bed before I got to the room. Returned home a few hours ago, and have decided after sifting through a few posts here, I'll most likely call it a day, I need more sleep...hospitals are too darned noisy.

Good to be back...Again.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:58 pm
Sleep well.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 02:59 pm
awww man...

glad to see you back though.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:14 pm
Loading up the arrows, sending them towards Rutland. Take care, my friend.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:19 pm
Sturgis--

Arrows are also rising from the Poconos.

Sometimes the universe is an unfair place. There you were, devoting the better part of three days every week to your kidneys and they chose to curl up and relax.

How is the Driver's License Project coming?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:05 pm
http://sinex.tml.hut.fi/nightly/demo/smil/scripting/arrows/test.png

do you know how hard it is to find an arrow heading the right direction?

worth the effort, in every way
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:08 pm
http://www.mythweb.com/encyc/thumbs/artemis.gif
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:12 pm
http://www.goddess.com.au/goddesses/GoddessImages/Artemis.jpg
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:32 pm
My thanks to you all...seem to be feeling more relaxed now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 03:00 pm
The arrows will keep coming. Warn your kidneys that A2K has many members and sluggish behavior will stimulate pointed prodding.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Jack Webb

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 12:08 am
I'd be damned if I'd let anyone hook me up to a machine of any kind. Too many "hi-tech" thinkers in the world today. They hook you up and forget about you. Where is the human touch?

If you review science a little bit you will readily realize that in spite of the romantic aspects of doctors and nurses, medicine is still basically very primitive, very barbaric. Other than the tubes are now made out of neoprene rather than goat bladder what is the difference between a blood transfusion today and 1810? Oh, I nearly creep out when I hear of people letting doctors do such awful things to them: plastic knees, plastic sockets. "Lyposuction."

If I were Titus, I would remove the shunt of that kidney machine from my body, walk out the door and have a nap. Never to return to the dialysis game again.

Don't be a fool Titus, please get a life!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 12:18 am
Sturgis, please listen to my and others' care of you before you listen to all that.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:07 am
Jack Webb wrote:
I'd be damned if I'd let anyone hook me up to a machine of any kind. Too many "hi-tech" thinkers in the world today. They hook you up and forget about you. Where is the human touch?

If you review science a little bit you will readily realize that in spite of the romantic aspects of doctors and nurses, medicine is still basically very primitive, very barbaric. Other than the tubes are now made out of neoprene rather than goat bladder what is the difference between a blood transfusion today and 1810? Oh, I nearly creep out when I hear of people letting doctors do such awful things to them: plastic knees, plastic sockets. "Lyposuction."

If I were Titus, I would remove the shunt of that kidney machine from my body, walk out the door and have a nap. Never to return to the dialysis game again.

It'll be a very short life at that rate. Really, try to be responsible when you give advice.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:38 am
Jack Webb wrote:

You sir, are a complete idiot.

I am absolutely speachless with your ignorance and stupidity.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:05 am
Jack Webb wrote:
The human touch is when they say hello and ask me how I am doing today and inquire as to if there have been any changes and offer an assist as I get on the old weighing device (there seems to be this weird need to always know my weight). The human touch comes when they check on me every so often to see if everything is going okay. Then when the session is over and it is time to leave they make sure I am steady enough on my feet and that I have transport home. So far they haven't forgotten me.

Jack Webb wrote:
If I were Titus, I would remove the shunt of that kidney machine from my body, walk out the door and have a nap.
First off as far as I know, neither your nor I are Titus. Next up, this nap of which you speak sounds suspiciously similar to death to me...a permanent nap is not in my plans right now.

Jack Webb wrote:
Never to return to the dialysis game again.

I am returning to the old dialysis game this very day (in about 5 hours from now). As to this Titus fellow, I can't speak for him; but , I can tell you it is because of dialysis that I still have a life. Odds are I would have kicked off or be very close to shaking hands with the grim reaper right now, if it hadn't been for this 'barbaric' medicine. I guess barbarism has an upside after all. Very Happy

Jack, old man, I hope you never find yourself in need of medical help because I get the feeling that you would be dead before an hour had gone by...and all because of your delusional fears.

My thanks to those who attempted to put J.W. into a reality based world...fear not, I will not be heeding his advice.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 02:32 pm
That's tellin' him, Sturgis.

Take care.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:02 pm
I don't have time to read all the posts on this thread, at this time.

However, let me just say at this time, that it is now possible to have dialysis treatment in your home and your insurance will probably pay for it, since it is far cheaper to have this procedure at home, than in a hospital/clinic setting.

I hope this helps. Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:07 pm
Jack webb Quote:

Quote:
medicine is still basically very primitive, very barbaric.

BS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!

Jack, I guess you haven't been keeping up to date with what our trauma surgeons have been doing to keep our soldiers alive, over in Iraq. Welcome to 2006!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 04:08 pm
Jack Webb - you <self-edit for language content>!
0 Replies