Should the USA Annex Mexico?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:48 am
good taste.... less filling...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:05 am
Don't you love how liberals like to rewrite history?

Nobody plays cowboys and indians any more. Today it's "Let's cap a whitey".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:08 am
Since you snotty remark obviously refers to my comment, i will begin by pointing out that i ain't no "librul."

You wanna talk about rewriting history, then puke it up, smart guy. Just what do you propose is historically incorrect about pointing out that we stole the American southwest from Mexico at gun-point one hundred sixty years ago?

You think you can go toe-to-toe with me on that topic?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:11 am
Um, wasn't there a war?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:19 am
Are you so naive as to think that wars just start magically--we're at peace, and the "poof," there's a war on, and we're entitled to steal all we can grab and carry home?

Read On the Duty of Civil Disobedience sometine, by Henry Daivd Thoreau--it was published in 1849, after the Mexican War, and resulted from Thoreau's protest against "Mr Polk's War." It was clearly seen in the northeast and what is now the Midwest for what it was--a blatant territorial grab in favor to the slave states, who wished to extend the range of slavery.

Wonderful company you keep.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:20 am
cjhsa wrote:
Um, wasn't there a war?

You just crack me up . . . i can't resist continuing to play with ya . . .

Sure there was a war, you don't think you can steal one third of country's territory without fighting for it, do ya? Duh-uh . . .
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:20 am
Calling this a dispute between liberals and conservatives is totally bogus. Check who's against cracking down hard on migrant workers: Republicans from farm states.

Do you ever actually follow the news, cjhsa, or do you simply make stuff up to suit your preconceived notions?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:22 am
cjhsa wrote:
Um, wasn't there a war?

War is the continuation of policy by other means, as Clauswitz stated. In this case, the policy of Manifest Destiny, the belief in a divinely inspired mission to expand, spreading "democracy" and "freedom."

Sounds familiar!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:23 am
blacksmithn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Um, wasn't there a war?

War is the continuation of policy by other means, as Clauswitz stated. In this case, the policy of Manifest Destiny, the belief in a divinely inspired mission to expand, spreading "democracy" and "freedom."

Sounds familiar!

Ain't that the ugly truth.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:27 am
I highly recommend So Far from God: The US War with Mexico, 1846-1848, John S. D. Eisenhower, New York, Random House, 1989.

There are more exhaustive and detailed accounts--Dog knows, i've read 'em. This one, though, is mercifully brief, and Eisenhower doesn't use a lot of big words or obsecure language--even racist xenophobes could read and understand it.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:36 am
Setanta wrote:
I highly recommend So Far from God: The US War with Mexico, 1846-1848, John S. D. Eisenhower, New York, Random House, 1989.

There are more exhaustive and detailed accounts--Dog knows, i've read 'em. This one, though, is mercifully brief, and Eisenhower doesn't use a lot of big words or obsecure language--even racist xenophobes could read and understand it.
I doubt that they'd have time to read it, seeing as they are probably out killing and plucking their own chickens, harvesting crops, washing cars and mowing lawns in order to deprive the dreaded "illegals" of any source of employment.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:41 am
From Personal Memoirs, Ulysses Grant:

Quote:

And . . .

Quote:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:19 pm
I actually do mow my own lawn. When I lived in California, the simple act of doing so drew stares of disbelief from the illegal aliens patrolling the streets on their bicycles.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 01:02 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I actually do mow my own lawn. When I lived in California, the simple act of doing so drew stares of disbelief from the illegal aliens patrolling the streets on their bicycles.
They may have been staring, but only in disbelief at someone who might presume them to be illegal based on the fact that they were riding--or patrolling as you so hyperbolically (or hysterically) phrase it-- a bike down a street.

I live in Southern California and nobody looks twice when I mow my lawn or wash my car. But then I'm not behaving as though a "patrolling" illegal will jump out of my grass catcher or wash bucket either.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 01:07 pm
My hometown in northern California was being overrun by illegals. One neatly kept tiny 2BR home down the street housed at least a dozen people.

And yes, they stared at me when I mowed my lawn. It was as if they thought I was stealing their entitlement.

And of course they were patrolling. They were all gang members, some MS-13.

Don't be naive.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 03:09 pm
CJ, you crack me up.

1) You start a thread to bash Mexicans.

2) You make the false accusation that I am Mexican. From this you make border crossing jokes and suggest I am against my country.

3) You state that my Mexican "buddies" are thieves and they are going to steal my SS#.

Then you yell at us for playing the race card?

Not that I am upset. Quite the contrary CJ. I love you. Because, people like you make our case in favor of treating immigrants (legal and not) as human beings.

If we get a reasonable humane immigration reform passed, it will largely because of people whose attitudes and bitterness are so transparent.

If a law passes that will let illegal immigrants become legal immigrants I will thank you... in fact I will buy you a beer.

Do you prefer Guiness or Corona?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 03:11 pm
Oh, and CJ.

What would really help me now is if you post a picture of a big gun and call me a communist...

Go ahead, you know you want to.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 04:26 pm
cjhsa, is being obnoxious a strategy or your default personality? What's the deal with all the race-bating, then crying foul when someone calls you a racist?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 05:44 pm
Pedro

It was the first day of school and a new student named Pedro Martinez, the son of a Mexican restaurateur, entered the fourth grade.

The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American history: "Who said 'Give me Liberty, or give me Death?' "

She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Pedro, who had his hand up.

"Patrick Henry, 1775," he said.

"Very good!" apprised the teacher. "Now, who said, "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth?"

Again, no response except from Pedro: "Abraham Lincoln, 1863."

The teacher snapped at the class, "Class, you should be ashamed! Pedro, who is new to our country, knows more about its history than you do!"

She heard a loud whisper: "Screw the Mexicans!" "Who said that?" she demanded.

Pedro put his hand up. "Jim Bowie, 1836."

At that point, a student in the back said, "I'm gonna puke."

The teacher glared and asked, "All right! Now, who said that?"

Again, Pedro answered, "George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister,
1991."

Now furious, cjhsa yelled, "Oh yeah? Suck this!"

Pedro jumped out of his chair waving his hand and shouting to the teacher, "Bill Clinton to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!"

Now, with almost a mob hysteria, teacher said, "You little
*%!%$!!. If you say anything else, I'll kill you!"

Pedro frantically yelled at the top of his voice, "Gary Condit to Chandra Levy, 2001."

The teacher fainted, and as the class gathered around her on the floor, someone said, "Oh crap, we're in BIG trouble now!"

Pedro whispered, "Saddam Hussein, 2003."

Finally someone throws a eraser at Pedro, someone shouted "Duck"!

Teacher, just waking, asked "Who said that?

Pedro: "Dick Cheney 2006! "
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:26 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
cjhsa, is being obnoxious a strategy or your default personality? What's the deal with all the race-bating, then crying foul when someone calls you a racist?

Where are all the people who should be crying foul about the illegal mexicans overrunning their communities? Your compassion is misplaced.

I want all illegal aliens deported now. Illegal mexicans just happen to be the biggest problem.

They can come here illegally and call me a racist. What the **** is wrong with that picture?
0 Replies