Russ Feingold Proposes Censure of Bush on Illegal Spying

mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 07:51 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
ha ha ha ha ha Feingold's resolution is going nowhere? Too funny, that is why there are ten pages here and it is virtually the only thing people are talking about on progressive talk. And you call ME dillusional. [sic] You will see how dillusional [sic] in November.

You right-wing dittoheads are living in the past. Wake up and smell the coffee. The worm has turned.

OK by me. Keep talking it up in your small and isolated circle.

You Bush apologists are the small and isolated circle. Guess what? Time changes everything. Crow while you can. You will be eating crow in November, my in denial little man.

$500 says that the repubs keep control of the house and senate in november.
Their majority's might be smaller,but they will keep control.

Wanna bet?
Put up or shut up!!!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:01 pm
timberlandko wrote:
blueflame, only the ARG poll indicates a plurality of support. Of course, this isn't the first or only time ARG has been at odds with the pack; ARG's track record offers a perspective on that.

Did I miss something? I only see two polls. So Rasmussen is the only poll that doesn't show plurality.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:02 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
ha ha ha ha ha Feingold's resolution is going nowhere? Too funny, that is why there are ten pages here and it is virtually the only thing people are talking about on progressive talk. And you call ME dillusional. [sic] You will see how dillusional [sic] in November.

You right-wing dittoheads are living in the past. Wake up and smell the coffee. The worm has turned.

OK by me. Keep talking it up in your small and isolated circle.

You Bush apologists are the small and isolated circle. Guess what? Time changes everything. Crow while you can. You will be eating crow in November, my in denial little man.

$500 says that the repubs keep control of the house and senate in november.
Their majority's might be smaller,but they will keep control.

Wanna bet?
Put up or shut up!!!

Grow up!!!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:09 pm
timberlandko wrote:
What truly is delusional is the perception among themselves that the far-left activist "Progressive" wing of the Democratic Party has the ear of The Electorate, represents rank-and-file mainstream Democrats, or wields any substantive influence beyond their own howling mob.

Try another strawman argument. This ones been exposed. That's all you Bush freaks have, the last election and the belief that people haven't caught on to your bullshit. Hey, you won ONE election in 13 years. Only the truly delsuional would point to that as a perpetual mandate.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:15 pm
"How about this: the latest Pew poll, which found only a 33-percent approval rating for Bush, asked participants to describe their impression of him. The most frequently-used word? "Incompetent." "Idiot" and "Liar" also came in near the top of the list. And tied for the 10th spot were "Leader" and "Ass," just beating out "Jerk." That's right: as many people described Bush as an "ass" as called him a "leader." Keep that in mind the next time some pundit (we're looking at you, Matthews) praises Bush's leadership abilities." http://mediamatters.org/items/200603180003 http://people-press.org/reports/images/271-10.gif http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=271
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:56 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

Ill-informed would be more like it. Feingold is demonstrating how his fellow democrats have no backbone and will gain favor with independent, open minded voters.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:15 am
A majoruty of Americans call for impeachment over Bushie's warrantless wiretaps. http://www.democrats.com/bush-impeachment-poll-2
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:40 am
blueflame1 wrote:
A majoruty of Americans call for impeachment over Bushie's warrantless wiretaps. http://www.democrats.com/bush-impeachment-poll-2

The democrats will not even consider Feingolds censure proposal.

What makes you think they would listen to the so-called "voice of the people" poll?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:53 am
woiyo, I dont think the Dems care what people think or in doing the right thing. The right thing goes beyond impeachment to charges of crimes against humanity.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:06 am
woiyo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

The democrats will not even consider Feingolds censure proposal.

What makes you think they would listen to the so-called "voice of the people" poll?

Dem Senattors are listening and considering the censure. More delusion from the the deluded delusionists who delude. As well, politicians listen to calls and letters from their constituents.

dailykos.com

Quote:
Durbin blasts "partisan cover-up operation"
by mcjoan
Sun Mar 19, 2006 at 05:29:35 PM PDT

Durbin ventured into enemy territory today, appearing on Fox News Sunday to discuss Iraq, warrantless wiretapping, and to back up Feingold on censure, blasting the Rubber Stamp Republicans.

WALLACE: ...Democratic Senator Feingold this week called for censuring President Bush for the NSA's warrantless wiretap program.

Given the fact that the president briefed congressional leaders of both parties, given the fact that he got specific legal authorization for this program from the attorney general, do you flatly disavow the idea of censuring the president?

DURBIN: I'll tell you point blank that to argue that there was some sort of a briefing of members of Congress is to ignore the obvious. Ninety-six senators have not heard any details of what is happening with this warrantless wiretap.

In addition, there are only eight members of the Senate Intelligence Committee who are now being given some sort of a briefing.

Let me tell you what I believe led to Senator Feingold's censure resolution, the utter frustration that this Republican Senate refuses to ask the hard questions in oversight of this administration about this war, about the use of warrantless wiretaps, about statements made by the president to the American people that there'll be no wiretapping without court orders.

We know now that in many of these instances, the American people deserve answers. And this Republican Senate has refused to do it. I think that's why Senator Feingold introduced this resolution....

WALLACE: Well, but the fact is, I mean, you make it sound -- when the administration proposed this law for the first time back in late 2001, early 2002, they briefed congressional leaders, including Tom Daschle, the Senate minority leader.

DURBIN: But to suggest that a briefing of two or three members of the United States Senate means that the president can break the law is completely wrong. This president...

WALLACE: Then why didn't Tom Daschle -- why didn't the Democratic leaders do something about it?

DURBIN: Having served on the Intelligence Committee, I can tell you they put you in a box. They tell you the secret information and then say you're sworn to secrecy. You can't repeat it.

So to suggest that you can then hold a president or any member of the administration accountable publicly would mean that you'd have to break the law and leak information to the press, which many of us are loathe to do, as we should be. So we're in a terrible situation here, being given information and you can't do anything with it.

At this point, we have heard from Senator Specter, the Republican leader of the Senate Judiciary Committee, there is no constitutional basis for this warrantless wiretap. We have heard statements by the president that have misled the American people about this program.

We clearly need the oversight of a Senate Intelligence Committee which has abdicated its responsibility. It has become a partisan cover-up operation. I'm sorry to say that. But we should have a fully engaged bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee taking a look at this warrantless wiretap.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:25 am
I can just see this Senatorial support gaining steam - right now, there's a strike team, led by Dan Rather, preparing to fax supportive documentation from the Kinkos in Killeen Texas.

Oh, wait ... listen up .... you can hear ol' Russ now:

"YEEEEEEEE....HAWWWWWW!!!! We're gong all the way .... "
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:56 am
timberlandko wrote:
I can just see this Senatorial support gaining steam - right now, there's a strike team, led by Dan Rather, preparing to fax supportive documentation from the Kinkos in Killeen Texas.

2004 just called: it wants its cliches back.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:45 am
joefromchicago wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

2004 just called: it wants its cliches back.

They live in the past, it is the only thing they got.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:47 am
mysteryman wrote:

Now what was it exactly that Dick Durbin said?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:23 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

They live in the past, it is the only thing they got.

I suppose it might seem that way to those stuck in the '60s - meanwhile, the world has moved on, leaving them behind with their delusions.

Quote:
Censure plan runs into Democratic hurdles

WASHINGTON, March 20 (UPI) -- A U.S. senator's call for a censure of President George Bush is hampering Democratic efforts to win control of the U.S. Congress, party members claim.

Some Democrats believe the president's political problems play into their hands heading into the November elections. But efforts by Sen. Russell Feingold, D-Wis., to have Bush censured regarding a terror spying program is hurting those chances some party members said in a Washington Times report Monday.

"I have no idea why anybody would censure someone before they have an investigation. Why doesn't everybody just channel their energy into winning the election?" House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., asked last week.

"Every time we get in a great strategic position, we manage to energize the Republican base, Rep. James Morgan, D-Va., told the Times. "The idea of censure which is going to go nowhere is not just quixotic but is somewhat self-serving."

Some members of Congress claim Bush broke the law by authorizing a program that includes spying on communications by suspected terrorists without warrants. The White House contends the program is important to the war on terror and points out several members of Congress have been briefed on the program.

This is the sorta stuff the lefties figure will "Energize the base"? Yeah, sure ... that explains THIS

While The Electorate may not be thrilled with The Current Administration, it sees no viable alternative. Things may not be as many - even most - folks wish them to be, but the Dem's are unable to capitalize on the discontent - in fact, they manage only to further distance themselves from The Electorate.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:26 pm
So timber - how do you feel about your administration these days?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:30 pm
Least-objectionable alternative, snood, least objectionable alternative. Nothing about that has changed - it ain't alltogether what I'd like it to be, and never has been, but its better than anything offered by The Dems.
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:31 pm
Right, Timber, which is why the Dems are 11% above the Repubs in support in the current polls. Maybe you are the one who is distanced from The Electorate (love your caps), not the Dems.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:36 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Least-objectionable alternative, snood, least objectionable alternative. Nothing about that has changed - it ain't alltogether what I'd like it to be, and never has been, but its better than anything offered by The Dems.

Has there been anything about the lead up to, conduct of, or ongoing aftermath of Bush's War that you find troubling at all?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 01:13 pm
You betchya - selling the war to the public as was done was a misstep - the focus on "discovering" Sadam's WMD stockpile obscured the actual necessities of the situation. My position on this has been consistent, and is recorded on this forum in posts going back years. I also am disappointed that not untill just the past few weeks has The Current Administration seen fit to release the mountains of documents and tapes siezed from the Ba'athists immediately following the toppling of Sadam and his thug regime.
0 Replies