Russ Feingold Proposes Censure of Bush on Illegal Spying

mysteryman

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:23 pm
paull wrote:
Roxy's suicide and the exit of the Hollywood glitterati after Bush's TWO victories are scheduled for the same day:

The day some other place to live is better than this one.

Well,I just wonder if she will keep her word.
If she doesnt,that tells me what kind of person she is.

She promised "The day I need the likes of mysterymen to educate me on anything is the day I put a bullet in my brain."

and now she admits she did learn something from me..."Yes, I am learning sopmething from mystery's posts. Don't suffer fools."
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:13 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Third Democratic senator backs censure resolution

RAW STORY
Published: Wednesday March 15, 2006

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) has become the third U.S. senator to back a move to censure President Bush over the warrantless wiretapping program. She joins Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) and Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI)

Boxer's office said she would support the measure.

"Senator Boxer has said she would vote for the Feingold resolution," Boxer press secretary Natalie Ravitz told RAW STORY.

I guess my call did it! Smile Now I got to give Diane another call.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:20 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
OMFG! Another typo flame! Just shoot me!

Yes, I am learning sopmething from mystery's posts. Don't suffer fools.

Then we are all witing to hear the news of your suicide.

Remember,you said...
Quote:
The day I need the likes of mysterymen to educate me on anything is the day I put a bullet in my brain.

So,you needed me to learn that,so when is your suicide?

Hey rube, learn the difference between learn and being educated.
Certainly, I can learn something from anyone's posts. For instance, I might learn by reading so and so's posts that she or he is a complete idiot, a blind partisan, suffering from cognitive dissonance, delusional, or, for that matter, intelligent and articulate. But, in no way, does that mean I am being educated by that person. That said, I bet you still won't understand the nuance.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:50 pm
Feingold's Folly ranks right up there with the Paul Wellstone Memorial and Dean's Scream - gotta love The Democrats ... The Party that keeps on giving - to the Republicans.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:10 pm
paull wrote:
Roxy's suicide and the exit of the Hollywood glitterati after Bush's TWO victories are scheduled for the same day:

The day some other place to live is better than this one.

and "this one" will be better in the first minute of the first hour of the first day that bush takes the greyhound back to crawford.

and it will be even better when people stop trying to blame all of the country's problems on hollywood. the last time i looked, the white house was in d.c. .
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:30 pm
Ten Senators have now announced support.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:46 pm
200,000 have already signed this petition.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 01:25 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
200,000 have already signed this petition.

make that 200,001.

and with this comment;

Quote:
our leaders must be held acountable for their actions every bit as much as the average citizen. america is a nation of law, not a nation of ideology.

but i'm still not in favor of impeachment. at least not at this point.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:02 pm
Am I ever loving this - the backfire from this one is gonna register on seismographs Laughing

Thanks for the gift, Russ.

Meanwhile, in other developments, more woes for the "Bush Lied" crowd.

Gonna be a fun, fun summer for those who don't sympathise with The Democrats.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:13 pm
I think you are going to be 100% wrong on who has fun this Summer, Timber. The electorate has turned away from your side pretty solidly, and the National Security false carnard the Republicans put forth is sort of blown these days due to the lack of Port and Border security.

And the scandals... will keeep on... rolling along... How many Senators and Congressmen can you afford to lose?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:17 pm
saddam's pretense of having more than he did was being questioned before the invasion. the continuing of iaea and u.n. inspections would have verified that in a not too long of time.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:19 pm
No reason for you not to keep your hopes up, Cyc - one of these times, you've just about gotta come up with a winner.

Forgive me, though, for not sharing your optimism in regard to current and ongoing domestic and global political developments .. I'll cling to my own, thanks.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:25 pm
Don't take my word for it, Timber:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2006/03/16/americans_slightly_in_favor_of_censure_proposal.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060316/pl_nm/bush_politics_dc

Quote:
A majority of Americans, 56 percent, believe Bush is "out of touch," the poll found. When asked for a one-word description of Bush, the most frequent response was "incompetent," followed by "good," "idiot" and "liar." In February 2005, the most frequent reply was "honest."

That's a pretty big turnaround in just a year.

You know as well as I that Republicans have been very, very successful over the last 15 or so years due to many factors, but one in particular: control and maintenance of message discipline, and it's brother, unity in voting.

This is all going to end this year; the split between house Repubs, Senate Repubs and the WH grows every day. I think you are probably pretty aware of this as well, but don't want to admit it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:33 pm
I know you don't share my take, Cyc, which is that the division and dissarray the Dems perceive to be afflicting the Republican Party simply isn't what the Dems perceive it to be.

I note as well that though Bush's approval ratings are far from ideal, the discontent has not translated into commensurate gains for the Dems. Of course, November is a ways off yet, and not 'till then shall we see.

And on that thought, I'll observe you and I have had a few previous exchanges very similar to this one. Indeed, we shall see.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:37 pm
Yeah, well, I have the 'oh-so-spineless' Democratic senators on my side, so there is always the 'f*ck it up' factor. But I just don't see any trends moving away from the Dem side lately, and certain events, I believe, may keep this from happening anytime before November.

I don't know whether the Dems will capture either house; I kind of doubt it. But significant gains in either house would kill a whooole lot of Republican momentum in the last two years.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:48 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yeah, well, I have the 'oh-so-spineless' Democratic senators on my side, so there is always the 'f*ck it up' factor.

Don't worry all that much about that; the Republicans have plenty of the same calibre players on their team ... it pretty much balances out.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:26 pm
Of course, the Dems have their own way of Waving The Flag (Note: 2.22MB .wmi file - Windows Media Player recommended)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:10 pm
Cyclo,
Lets assume for a minute that you are right (I dont think you are,but for the purpose of this discussion We will assume you are)

What is the Dems message?
All they do is blame Bush,criticize Bush,attempt to block everything he does,and just generally go the hate Bush route.

Now,what is their plan?
What are their ideas and visions for America?
What do they want to do?

I have not heard a single plan from the dems except to blame Bush.

If they want to have success,then they need to start now talking about their plan.
Thats how Newt and Company took the house and senate,they started talking about their plans BEFORE the election.
The dems are still seen as weak on national security,because they havent mentioned what they would do to protect this country.

Sure,they have talked about getting along with other countries,talking to other world leaders,making friends.
All that is good,but they have not said what they would do it we were attacked.
Thte ones that have said anything about that seem to take their cue from micheal moore and blame the US,saying we deserved it.

So,if you want to win back power,you better start NOW articulating your message,and talking up your ideas,not just bashing Bush.

Of course,having a decent,likeable messenger would help also.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:29 pm
mysteryman wrote:
So,if you want to win back power,you better start NOW articulating your message,and talking up your ideas,not just bashing Bush.

Of course,having a decent,likeable messenger would help also.

unfortunately, you are absolutely right about this.

people are probably just about as tired of hearing complaints about bush as they are of the man himself.

all in all, america finds itself in a redundant and tedious situation.

bummer....
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:34 pm
Would that be Democratic messages like an amendment to propose spending real money to make our ports safer?

Quote:
On September 17th, 2003, during a meeting of the House and Senate conferees, Representatives Obey and Sabo, and Senator Byrd offered an amendment to increase funding to enhance port and maritime security by $475 million. Republicans defeated this amendment on a party line vote.

Quote:
On September 29th, 2005, during a meeting of House and Senate conferees, Representatives Obey and Sabo, and Senator Byrd offered an amendment to increase funding for port and container security by $300 million. The House conferees defeated this amendment along party lines.

That's right the Democrats don't have a message. They just propose legislation that the GOP blocks.
0 Replies