Russ Feingold Proposes Censure of Bush on Illegal Spying

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:43 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cyclo,
I have not heard a single plan from the dems except to blame Bush

The only reason for that would be you are not listening. A ll I hear from you guys are the same tired, regurgitated knee-jerk talking points.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:46 pm
mysteryman, you may have heard a few but were not listening. The minimum wage is one such issue as an example.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:11 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cyclo,

The only reason for that would be you are not listening. A ll I hear from you guys are the same tired, regurgitated knee-jerk talking points.

First off,I am not a republican,so I don't get their talking points memo's.

So,if they have come up with plans,where are they?
They are not posted on the DNC website,nor can I find them anywhere else.
So,enlighten me...

What are they gonna do about taxes?
Are they gonna raise them?

What are they gonna do about national security?
What about health care,or social security,or illegal aliens,or drugs,or crime,or any thing else?

I cannot find a comprehensive plan from the democrat leadership on any website.

Here is the DNC website,to make it easy for you...
http://www.democrats.org/

Blue,
You mention the minimum wage.
OK,lets start there.

What do the dems want to raise it to,and why do they want to raise it.
don't tell me that there are whole families surviving on it,you and I both know thats not true.
It has always been a STARTING wage,a wage you get when you are entering the workforce.
I will admit that there are some retirees working for that,but they are also getting pensions and possibly Social Security,so the minimum wage they get is not a serious part of their income.

I have heard some dems call for a "living wage",but have yet to hear anyone say what that is.
Is it enough for a person to live and have the basic neccessities?
Does a car count for that,or a phone,or cable tv,or the internet?
There are many things that someone could call neccessities,that someone else would say aren't.

Now,who decides what that living wage should be?
And,will it be adjusted for cost of living in the area?

I am paying $54,000 for a 5 bedroom house here in KY.
What kind of house can you get for that in NYC?
So,will the "living wage" be what it costs to live in NYC,or what it costs to live here in Ky?

Again,I have not heard anything from the dems regarding any sort of plan for the country,except to get rid of Bush.
Well,you accomplished that.He will never be president again after this term,so thats one goal accomplished.

Now,who is the dems "front man" going to be.
As I recall,the last couple of candidates were not very popular with the voters,and they didn't seem to have much of a personality.

If the dems can come up with a decent plan,I might vote for them,but as it is right now,they have nothing.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:34 pm
mysteryman, well I dont care to get into a minimum wage discussion. We've done that before. Several times. It's just that you said "I have not heard a single plan from the dems except to blame Bush" and that is preposterous. The Dems do want to raise the wage and the GOP dont. Similarly there are differences on most issues. So the Dems do have ideas and plans that exist and are clearly different than the GOP. Not that I'm real happy with the scope of their ideas but I do realize there is obstruction out there. Personally yes, I believe in a guaranteed living wage. I dont recall a Dem in power endorsing that.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:45 pm
#2) Port security, even before Dubai. What would be REALLY refreshing if just one of these dittoheads actually kept up on what is happening in Washington and not simply refgurgitate Faux News Propaganda.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:56 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cyclo,

Bullshit. It doesn't matter what party you are registered with, you consistently do nothing but regurgitate right-wing talking points.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:00 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cyclo,

So,if they have come up with plans,where are they?
They are not posted on the DNC website,nor can I find them anywhere else.
So,enlighten me...

What are they gonna do about taxes?
Are they gonna raise them?

What are they gonna do about national security?
What about health care,or social security,or illegal aliens,or drugs,or crime,or any thing else?

I cannot find a comprehensive plan from the democrat leadership on any website.

Here is the DNC website,to make it easy for you...
http://www.democrats.org/

Blue,
You mention the minimum wage.
OK,lets start there.

What do the dems want to raise it to,and why do they want to raise it.
don't tell me that there are whole families surviving on it,you and I both know thats not true.
It has always been a STARTING wage,a wage you get when you are entering the workforce.
I will admit that there are some retirees working for that,but they are also getting pensions and possibly Social Security,so the minimum wage they get is not a serious part of their income.

I have heard some dems call for a "living wage",but have yet to hear anyone say what that is.
Is it enough for a person to live and have the basic neccessities?
Does a car count for that,or a phone,or cable tv,or the internet?
There are many things that someone could call neccessities,that someone else would say aren't.

Now,who decides what that living wage should be?
And,will it be adjusted for cost of living in the area?

I am paying $54,000 for a 5 bedroom house here in KY.
What kind of house can you get for that in NYC?
So,will the "living wage" be what it costs to live in NYC,or what it costs to live here in Ky?

Again,I have not heard anything from the dems regarding any sort of plan for the country,except to get rid of Bush.
Well,you accomplished that.He will never be president again after this term,so thats one goal accomplished.

Now,who is the dems "front man" going to be.
As I recall,the last couple of candidates were not very popular with the voters,and they didn't seem to have much of a personality.

If the dems can come up with a decent plan,I might vote for them,but as it is right now,they have nothing.

You need to stop wasting everyone's time here and educate yourself. Your ignorance of Democratic positions and politics in general is appalling.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:54 pm
Why not detail those Democrat plans, proposals, positions, and alternatives. Describe the Democrat platform, and show the Democratic Party leadership discussing it and proactively pressing the key issues.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:59 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Why not detail those Democrat plans, proposals, positions, and alternatives. Describe the Democrat platform, and show the Democratic Party leadership discussing it and proactively pressing the key issues.

Why don't you start reading newspapers, or, if that's too hard, watch C-SPAN? There is no excuse to be pro-actively ignorant in this age of instant information.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 11:02 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Why don't you start reading newspapers, or, if that's too hard, watch C-SPAN? There is no excuse to be pro-actively ignorant in this age of instant information.

Yeah, there's an excuse. The excuse is, its the only way they can hold to the rightie talking points of "no plan, no vision, no alternatives".
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 11:03 pm
If the Democrats are presenting a coherent message, its not getting through to the public. Why not detail those Democrat plans, proposals, positions, and alternatives. Describe the Democrat platform, and show the Democratic Party leadership discussing it and proactively pressing the key issues.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 11:22 pm
timberlandko wrote:
If the Democrats are presenting a coherent message, its not getting through to the public

Put down the crack pipe.

Americans support censure 46% to 44%

http://americanresearchgroup.com/

Surprise, surprise
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 11:56 pm
If this is true then why are the Democrat pols running from Feingold on this matter?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 04:43 am
georgeob1 wrote:
If this is true then why are the Democrat pols running from Feingold on this matter?

Not hard to figure, really - spinelessness. The polls also show Americans pretty squarely opposed to us being in Iraq, but how many Dems will speak out forceably to that effect? that's why I like Al Gore a lot lately, and that's why I will pay attention to John Edwards a little nowadays, becasue at least he admitted he was wrong to vote for the war - an admission Hillary is to busy equivocating to make.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 04:46 am
If the dems were truly presenting a coherent message,then I would hear it.

I would think the dems on here would be shouting it from the rooftops,instead of hiding it like they seem to be doing.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 07:11 am
mysteryman wrote:

I would think the dems on here would be shouting it from the rooftops,instead of hiding it like they seem to be doing.

Nobody's hiding anything - no one wants to spell out what has been requested disingenuously. Just as the rights' stated agenda (small government, strong national defense, etc) is well known by any not residing under a rock, so to is the lefts' (universal health care, rights of the dispossesed, etc).
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 07:49 am
mysteryman wrote:

Perhaps you could present us with the coherent GOP message then MM.

I can find dissenters in the GOP for every GOP program. Does that mean the GOP doesn't have a coherent message? It would seem so based on your complaints about the Dems.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:58 am
snood wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:

Not hard to figure, really - spinelessness. The polls also show Americans pretty squarely opposed to us being in Iraq, but how many Dems will speak out forceably to that effect? that's why I like Al Gore a lot lately, and that's why I will pay attention to John Edwards a little nowadays, becasue at least he admitted he was wrong to vote for the war - an admission Hillary is to busy equivocating to make.

I think you are generally correct here, except that public attitudes on Iraq are likely much more complex than you allow. I also believe that is why the Democrat pols who see themselves as having the most to lose are so equivocal. Neother Al Gore nor John Edwards has a serious chance of winning either the Democrat nomination or the Presidency - and they surely know that themselves.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:03 am
Sign the petition

I just called Feinstein again, it is 7 am here, her mailbox is full!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:07 am
snood wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Nobody's hiding anything - no one wants to spell out what has been requested disingenuously. Just as the rights' stated agenda (small government, strong national defense, etc) is well known by any not residing under a rock, so to is the lefts' (universal health care, rights of the dispossesed, etc).

The key phrase is "well known by any not residing under a rock."
0 Replies